PDA

View Full Version : Uh does groundfighiting have pressure point attacks??

NorthernMantis
08-22-2002, 05:58 PM
Now I know some groundfighters are gonna have a fit but hear me out.

Last week it occurred to me that it has to have pressure points. What better example than the choke. If done right it can make the person pass out and even worse. When a choke is applied it pinches the arteries and does't let the blood folow through.

My question is does groundfighting have any other pressure point attacks? Like some nerve they can hurt beore applying somehting else?

Ralek
08-22-2002, 06:18 PM
When you are in their guard, you can dig your elbows into the inside of their thigh. But it doesn't work against better people.

A choke is not a pressure point. someone could put a tournaket on your leg to stop you from bleeding to death. The tournaket will stop the blood flow through the physical squeezing. It has nothing to do with exciting the nerves like a pressure point would.

Pressure points are just a minor annoyance.

LEGEND
08-22-2002, 06:21 PM
Eye gouging.

Ralek
08-22-2002, 06:22 PM
When you pass their guard the old fasioned "wrong" way( with one arm in and the other under their leg) i always keep the elbow of my inside arm down on their thigh so they can't do a triangle. They will try to pull the arm off their thigh and triangle but sometimes you can pass guard.

Ralek
08-22-2002, 06:24 PM
I am invincible against all pressure points. Shaolin tiger tried to do pressure points on me when i pulled guard but non of them worked. I felt pain but it was just a minor annoyance.

respectmankind
08-22-2002, 06:24 PM
ultimately when deduced most techniques envolve that, whether that is the is the cognitive purpose when being applied or what... meh.

Ralek
08-22-2002, 06:27 PM
I knocked out a taijiquan instructor before he could even do any pressure points. I just moved back a little. Then he came in and walked right into a left hook and his legs just collapsed. I could have kept hitting him but i helped him up. He was not unconcious but he had the wobbly legs and collapsed like a sack of potatoes.

Ralek
08-22-2002, 06:31 PM
The taijiquan instructor was a puss. Shaolin Tiger was much better at fighting and could hit really hard and scary. The san shou people are hard core. But the tai chi people are really easy to beat up.

SevenStar
08-22-2002, 06:31 PM
If you want to see a good use of pressure points utilized on the ground, talk to a good collegiate wrestler.

Ralek
08-22-2002, 06:32 PM
Pressure points = minor annyoance

"sport" techs = KO

respectmankind
08-22-2002, 06:34 PM
i said cognitive, lol. never thought i could actually use that in a sentence.

Merryprankster
08-22-2002, 06:40 PM
It depends on how you're defining pressure points. If you are talking about applying pressure or digging into a spot to create a pain reaction, then yeah, we've got pressure points. If you are talking about something that will debilitate or otherwise incapacitate your opponent, then no, we don't have them. For instance, that little spot on your upper lip, just underneath your nose? That's where your forearm bone goes when you're crossfacing the crap out of somebody. Hurts like hell, and they have a tendency to turn their head away and create some space, which is what you want.

If you are talking about whacking secret spots to make somebody go woozy, nah. I hold little truck with that stuff.

NorthernMantis
08-22-2002, 06:45 PM
lol man ralek you just came out of no where.
I knocked out a taijiquan instructor before he could even do any pressure points

Well I held my ground againts a wrestler using my stances. Well I guess that makes me invincible to wrestling then.

Now that we have ralek out of the way can are there any serious posters that can answer my question or at least tell me I'm wrong?

NorthernMantis
08-22-2002, 06:47 PM
It depends on how you're defining pressure points. If you are talking about applying pressure or digging into a spot to create a pain reaction, then yeah, we've got pressure points

That's what I was trying to say. Thanks for the post MP.

LEGEND
08-22-2002, 06:56 PM
I accidently got punch in the throat while grappling...I had to quickly stop...so maybe a PHOENIX eye punch to the throat whiel grappling would work. I say eyegouge and bite the "F" in a self defense situation.

SevenStar
08-22-2002, 07:03 PM
I dunno if I'd advocate biting, unless you know how to do it properly .... if you bite him, break his skin and he has aids.....

LEGEND
08-22-2002, 08:31 PM
Sevenstar...JUST DON't SWALLOW.

respectmankind
08-22-2002, 08:45 PM
well that would just take the fun out of it

Former castleva
08-23-2002, 09:18 AM
There could be,I donīt know if they are a big thing in floorwork but they could be applied.

" It depends on how you're defining pressure points. If you are talking about applying pressure or digging into a spot to create a pain reaction, then yeah, we've got pressure points. If you are talking about something that will debilitate or otherwise incapacitate your opponent, then no, we don't have them. For instance, that little spot on your upper lip, just underneath your nose? That's where your forearm bone goes when you're crossfacing the crap out of somebody. Hurts like hell, and they have a tendency to turn their head away and create some space, which is what you want.

If you are talking about whacking secret spots to make somebody go woozy, nah. I hold little truck with that stuff. "

I use Merryīs post because it is a good example of the fact that points are affected trough pushing/pressing along with striking,just in case you did not know that (respectm)
A point that MerryP describes is pressure point in chinese medicine and more like a nerve in western medicine (I fancy the point because of itīs appearance) It is used for lifting someone off sitting position (as from a chair,this is probably what was said to have that effect Merry describes)
When it comes to going woozy,well I donīt know what that means but this point can also be whacked-
resulting in unconciousnes or in some cases,death.
Just some medical stuff.

"I am invincible against all pressure points."
Wow,you are a medical miracle.
Now I see why you sound so confident.
No offense,as always.