PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: jesper

chen zhen
08-23-2002, 09:57 AM
Hey jesper, from my understanding you are from the same country as I am from, and since I am interested in the WC style, I'd like to hear where the good WC-schools are in this MA-poor country of DK!

jesper
08-23-2002, 02:23 PM
Last time I checked there were some 2k people doing WT/WC in denmark. (hey we are only about 5 mill people here)
So it should be possible to find a good school somewhere around your neighbourhood.

Try www.dewto.dk for WT
or www.wingchun.dk for Sam kwok lineage

I have heard there are other lineages but dont know where.

Since you live in Copenhagen, try out WT center at Vesterbrogade (right above FØTEX) its open all weekdays from 0700 to 2100 and weekends from 0900 to 1400.

If you would rather do sam kwok lineage, I belive they have a club in Copenhagen, but dont know where or when they are open.

PS my advice is that you try them both out, and se which one fits you best

Good luck in your search.

chen zhen
08-24-2002, 09:16 AM
Ah, thanks for the links jesper, I'll find the information there, I think. Which of the schools do you attend?

And also, my former Tai Chi sifu used to pick on the WT in vesterbrogade for some reason, I don't know why. Said it was lousy and stupid and everything!

yuanfen
08-24-2002, 04:58 PM
something rotten in Denmark? then Hamlet was right?
Who knows...

chen zhen
08-25-2002, 10:01 AM
LOL yuanfen! I agree with you!
If it is my Tai Chi teacher you refer to, I can tell that one of the reasons he might say those things is that a few times a WT guy from that particular school would come and brag about themselves and their style and they where actually mediocre WT players ( too stiff and used too much muscular force) And my Sifu would then demonstrate a technique on them that would send them flying, and they never came cack again. He respected WC highly, but he criticised that particular school.

jesper
08-25-2002, 10:22 AM
Hello again

I dont recieve any formal training anymore, but I do still get together with some of the other senior WT practicioners to keep my skill level up.
However I do still pop into the WT center a few times a month to catch up on any news.

By the way who is your former Sifu, and which persons from the WT center did he cross hands with. I havent heard of any higher ranking students going to tai chi classes to show of. But if it has happened I would like to know who it was.
On the other hand, I havent heard of any tai chi master coming to our school to tell any senior ranking WT instructor that their skills sucks either.

Be carefull not to get caught up in the rumour mill.

chen zhen
08-30-2002, 09:34 AM
My former Sifu first said that they where "kung fu" guys, later he said they where WT guys. And it was more their attitude he critizised, comparing it to their lack of skill. And he didn't "cross hands" with them, he only demonstrated a joint lock/fa jing move from the form to them, without them getting hurt.
If you're interested in the tai chi school, you can contact me, and I can give you some information.
By the way, I visted the Samuel Kwok lineage school a couple of days ago, it was nice training and they where friendly. They are gonna get a new place for their training in the near future, sharing the rooms with other MA's, Escrima, BJJ and Tai Chi and other stuff. sounds great!

Buddha_Fist
09-01-2002, 07:49 PM
I guess you're Jesper Lundqvist. :eek: It's nice to see the same faces in the different forums (I just saw your post on the German Martial Arts Forum). :D

Regards!

JLQ
09-04-2002, 01:18 AM
Hi Buddha_Fist
My Name is Jesper, but I'm not Jesper... ;-D
This name is quite common in Denmark and Sweden, so just to clear up any confusion - the Jesper who has been posting on this forum for a while and I are not identical.

Best regards,
Jesper Lundqvist

jesper
09-04-2002, 08:48 AM
Hello Jesper, this is Jesper :)

Kind of reminds me of way back in my school days. Never less than 3-4 guys in my class was called Jesper. But hey it used to be the name of the hero in most romantic stories, so I guess thats why it was so popular back then ;)

Cheers

JLQ
09-04-2002, 10:09 AM
LOL :-D
Jesper, it seems we also share the same sense of humour, besides the name...
Just out of curiosity - you stated you train privately with some of the older/senior students, which ones might they be? Also you said, you pop in at WT Center occasionally, maybe we have met?

Bedste hilsener,
Jesper

PS: Hvis du har lyst til at komme ind på disse spørgsmål, men bare ikke på et "offentligt" forum som dette, poster jeg gerne min personlige mail-adresse. Håber at høre fra dig :-)

chen zhen
09-06-2002, 10:10 AM
Hey JLQ, welcome to the forums! nice to see that the number of danes here is going up!