PDA

View Full Version : breathing in SPM, Bak Mei, YKM, etc

Cincinnatus
09-04-2001, 12:35 AM
Hi, just wanted to get an opinon on how you control your breathing when you strike. DO you exhale sharply, hold your breath (not tightly, just that you do not exhale), or do you inhale? I've hear arguments for all ofthe above in some way shape or form and would like to hear your opinions on the matter.

ALso, when you do your forms, do you breathe in and out through your nose or in you nose and out your mouth. Does it matter? Thanks.

What we do in life, echoes in eternity
--Maximus Decimus Meridius, General of the Army of the North, Commander of the Felix Legions

fiercest tiger
09-04-2001, 01:52 AM
in and out through the nose, the faster the strike the faster the breath.

if a combo of moves like 3 fast strikes use one breath and 3 fast short breaths out, never letting all your air out!

hope that helps for now, ah yes tongue on the roof of the mouth to connect the meridians and energy flow.

come & visit us!
http://home.iprimus.com.au/ykm
yaukungmun@hotmail.com

LiLong
09-09-2001, 01:37 AM
For Bak Mei, the general rule of thumb is to breath in between strikes, exhale with strikes, and when inhaling train the body to fight with as little air in the lungs as possible. That way in a sequence of strikes one will not need to inhale as much air to maintain momentum. Also will prevent you from getting the wind knocked ou in case the opponent hits you. Bak Mei will tell you the use the nose to breath in and out, touching the tongeu to the roof of the mouth (connecting meridians and preventing you to bite your own tongue if punched on the jaw).
Tai Chi tells you to breath out of the mouth because you don't want positive and negative Chi going through the same path (create a circular path of air). Chen stylists also use two different types of exhale, one for blcoking which does not clear the entire lung and one for stiking which clears the whole lung. Hope this helps. :D

taijiquan_student
09-10-2001, 05:55 AM
In taiji, or at least in our school/lineage, breathing is generally done all with the nose. However, in our daoist meditation class, you can breath out the mouth, so in taiji I usually breath in through the nose, and out through the mouth(with the tongue on the roof of the mouth, to connect the meridians, and if you get an uppercut, you won't smash your teeth and bite your tongue off).
Inhale when gathering energy, and exhale when issuing.
I hope this was of some interest/help to you.
--T.S.

sui-fuw
09-11-2001, 03:44 AM
hi my old fiend[f.t]yes breathing for begginers.still talking the same la di dar.

tell me,does the breathing change when you get to YOUR sipp batt moor,or sup batt mor?
if so how?

come on impress me,lets see if you've improved? :)

fiercest tiger
09-11-2001, 07:25 AM
its been a while turd, hows the u.k? let me know when you come here so we can cross hands, you know where i am! dont be a ***** come to daddy, yes who's your daddy...? im your daddy, because i did this to your mumma! yes hahahahahaha

why not post the answer yourself and enlighten us, i dont have to hold your hand all the time, do I ? :p

come & visit us!
yaukungmun@hotmail.com

BIU JI
09-11-2001, 12:40 PM
Just admit you don't know and want FT to educate you. No need for the macho mardi gra act, you know you don't know sh!t and so does everyone here so just accept it.

Smuck!!!

Hungmei
09-11-2001, 02:20 PM
By "control breathing" it depends on if you are referring to practice or real world application. Breath control during practice and/or training addresses aspects of the art that may or may not be accessible in the heat of the moment. Just because control of these elements may be absent doesn't diminish the fact that the benefits gained are still present.

Respiration control is one of the first things to shift into auto-pilot mode in response to sudden violence or extreme danger (Bladder & bowel control goes out the window at about the same time as the locus of neurological control shifts to the prime movers).

Many years ago in response to just such a question GM Mark Foon said something along the lines of "Breath as you do when swimming" (I can't remember his exact words and his English wasn't all that great at the time but that’s the gist of it).

The advice of not getting hit with your lungs filled isn't really accurate. First, in a real fight you have little to no control over whether or not you're opponent has the skill to drop a bomb into your body. Secondly, the focus should be on destroying (attacking) the enemy, not on self preservation. If you're not willing to risk dying then stay the hell out of fights. The other thing is exhaling lowers the intra & inter body cavity pressure. This in turns lowers the overall neurological excitation level of all muscle groups in close proximity to any given body cavity, e.g., it now requires a neuro signal of greater amplitude to activate these tissues (greater effort & more time). Additionally, exhaling and then retaining a fair degree of muscular tension throughout the body greatly reduces overall coordination & rapidly runs the body into oxygen debt.

I have not idea what the other systems profess, but in SPM we prize "maximum accommodation" of forces in order to facilitate subtle & supple movements. Therefore, we tend to strive for a state of "dynamic relaxation" in all movement.

In practice and/or training, breath control plays a major role as the manipulation of the breath is a "gateway" for accessing, training, & fortifying a number of beneficial aspects of the human form, ranging from purely physical to purely mental-emotional. John

fiercest tiger
09-11-2001, 02:58 PM
OUCH! SUI FEW CAN YA FEEL THE LOVE HERE, CAN YA?

WHERE IS YOUR SIEMESE TWIN? HE SHOULD BE HERE SOME WHERE...COME ON, COME ON , MEOW MEOW!

CYA :D

come & visit us!
yaukungmun@hotmail.com

Buby
09-11-2001, 06:09 PM
Suifuw what's the matter, doesn't your hakka style have it all. After all, all styles are nothing compared to tipo hakka thingy.

Anyway, nice try! Better luck next time buddy!

I breath normally like the day I was born! :D

buby

sui-fuw
09-14-2001, 04:32 PM
hi girls,you missed me?that goes for you mother superior :)
as i thought,can't answer,still teaching your
dead/dying k.f.

you already post all you know,so why do you have to educate me,daddy?
impressed,not me.your k.f still b/s.

bui,[you wish],i admitit idon't know anything.and yes you know[sh!t]

baybe you'll never know.carry on waisting your time with dead k.f,makes no odds to me.

its been a few months and still no improvement.
p.s cross hands?daddy please. :rolleyes:

BIU JI
09-14-2001, 09:22 PM
You had your chance but you conviently couldn't make it.

The only thing you cross is your dressing ball breath!

Although at least you are admitting you don't know anything,maybe there is hope for you after all!
I've got a good breathing exercise for you , breath in and don't exhale,, you'll be enlightened soon after!!!

Keep it coming , your **** taking is improving!!

fiercest tiger
09-15-2001, 07:04 AM
yeah, no improvement here mate! dont understand a thing about my system..just for the record!! :D

take care now my turd!

:D

come & visit us!
yaukungmun@hotmail.com

CLOUD ONE
09-15-2001, 06:10 PM
Come on F.T, you are that Yau Kunt Mun grandmaster
aren't you?
The one with the deadly limp ging
I see that your students still take after you.
(the blind leading the blind)
ttt.

Fubokuen
09-15-2001, 09:05 PM
Oh THERE you are cloud 1! I was trying to remember sui-fuw's lover's name last eve...

I don't think you two ladies ever DID say straightup what you do and you've never posted anything but BS... I seem to recall you USED to do BM and NOW you've upped to Wing Chun, so I BET you have FT and his boys just pi$ themselves in abject FEAR! HAHAHA!

The first 7-10 secs of physical exertion is completely anaerobic, and I figger FT could prolly dispatch a CLOWN ONE/sui-fuw tagteam in about 4, so you won't even get a chance to do your secret "Hakka" breathing techniques!

sui-fuw
09-16-2001, 02:16 AM
fukbokunt,so you reconise b/s,i wonder how?keep figgering.you smell of cow crap....thats it.don't seek fame,this will find you.

hey blowj#b,stop trying to poke my sh!t,and leave my organ alone.i'm not gay.

bubu,smarter than the average bear,go put your head up yogy's behind[your sifu's]thats the only k.f you'll learn[bear crap k.f]

f.t[limp ging] i thought you want to kick my butt?
how about i draw a line down your head so it looks like a butt?cross hands?your more superior,being a grandmaster of cow dung.and by the way your quiet profound to say you've been ordained as a monk.
it takes more than that to buy chinese decorations and to shave your head,you fat bald pr!ck.

i realy have missed these banters.what say you cloud,ha ha ha ;)

CLOUD ONE
09-16-2001, 04:22 AM
Sui Fu,
You crack me up!!!!

BIU JI
09-16-2001, 04:51 AM
Sui fu
You're up me crack !!!

Clown 1 I'm sure he is , lol

Gee, Seal F**ker, you really went off on that last post, you've got us ****tin but the thing is really you made many promises of meeting FT in Hong Kong but you just couildn't make.
Explain that one turd breath !!

BIU JI
09-16-2001, 05:22 AM
By the way after just going over many of your rediculous previous posts I'm curious if you still believe YKM will die soon.
As it seems it actually is growing stronger all the time, won't be long before there'll be one close to you so you will get yo ass kicked without the excuse of us being too far away.
New York isn't too far from you anyway so it shouldn't be too long turd boy!!

TAO YIN
09-16-2001, 08:38 AM
HAHAHAHAHA!!

Well, wouldn't you know it! If it isn't Sure-to-****s-all-over-himself and his Cloudhead gobbler!! Haven't you guys all heard? They both have developed this new type of ging. It's called skunk steals the fou chum. See, everytime Sure to Poop sinks his ging, he has a problem breathing and ****s all down his legs and into his shoes.

Of course this isn't a big problem because Cloudsuck comes to his buddy's rescue with a towel and a tongue! Their next step in developing this unique hakka ging, is to go to Wal-Mart and work out a deal where they can get underwear and towels at a cheap rate. They already have the tongues for the ging job.

:eek:

fiercest tiger
09-16-2001, 08:47 AM
clown one,
hows the cut and tuck going? i didnt know you NOW do wingchun, **** another good system gone to waste or should i say destroyed! :p im not grandmaster but you can call me that if you want, i see you have respect! hahaha loser :eek:
wingchun hakka wow go the turd!!

turd wonder s.f
nice post, im not a monk anymore, i disrobed after giving your mom a flogging ...ouch! there is love here tonight!
:rolleyes:

fat and bold but got one hell of a donger ask your mom!
:rolleyes: ;)

fubokuen- hahahaha wassup buddy? yes the turd brothers are back or should i say them/one are the same!!
i really do miss these guys, its like tenis! back and forth and i get a good laugh all the same.

bui ji
funny that these guys never show themselves! :rolleyes:

come & visit us!
yaukungmun@hotmail.com

sui-fuw
09-16-2001, 10:34 PM
limp ging your sifu didnt train you hard enough
1.can't get your ging up
2.fat,bald and stupid
3.always try to shag moms,like your sifus mom and his wife,but they say"try herder,harder"but no such luck.

i bet you could get it up for your sifu couln't you?ahh,ahh,sifu,ah,ahahh,ahh,i'm......in the mouth or the a$$.boy you can be my bai-si :D

blowj#b,kick my a$$,sure you can,just don't poke it,i told you i'm not gay.hey i know f.t limp ging's sifu likes it in the a$$,if your good boy he might award you with bai-si.
all you have to do is dig him up 1st :o

Fubokuen
09-16-2001, 10:54 PM
Sui-fuw, any shifu you've ever had is sickened by you at this point, as is any and everyone who has ever had a shifu. Don't you know that you will pay for this? You MAY not like YKM OR FT, but there is no excuse for this kind of thing.

I suspect removal of this thread and perhaps your membership may be in short order. It's a good thing you are anonymous, otherwise you would be forced to consider yourself in the utmost danger from anyone and everyone onto your bizarrely disrespectful tactics...

billy_pilgrim
09-17-2001, 12:08 AM
Better stick with the anonymity game, 'cause no one would ever claim you as a student.

Furthermore, no one who ever really had a shifu would say the things you say, especially your last comment.

I would say more, but I'm more or less convinced that you guy(s) are just kids, and really don't even know what you're saying, if you're not children, well, your words are easily mistaken for those of a child.

sui-fuw
09-17-2001, 01:12 AM
my mother passed away 6 months ago yet its ok.frankly is respect in order or do we laugh?

she is my sue foo[sifu]

lets see how the other side takes it?

your wrong i don't dislike f.t or for what he stands for.this is real k.f banter,who madens 1st?

[This message was edited by sui-fuw on 09-17-01 at 04:20 PM.]

fiercest tiger
09-17-2001, 03:03 AM
if you like me then why the name calling? its strange that you carry on like this if you dont even know me! ok i maybe fat and bald as YOU say, but im respected in my system and thats not bad for a fat bald gwalo. is that what you are upset about? because im a gwalo and i have made something of myself in my stystem? i do appoligize talking about your mother like this, i know what its like to loose someone close to you too! im sorry, for what its worth...

you started the ****, for no reason! if you have something against me then please come down to my school and do 3 things talk this out like real humans or get it over with and fight or lets be friends and just have fun on here! i prefer the 1st or 3rd dont you?
:(

lets stop this sh!t right here what do you say?

come & visit us!
yaukungmun@hotmail.com

Buby
09-17-2001, 03:02 PM
"bubu,smarter than the average bear" - Thank you
"go put your head up yogy's behind[your sifu's]thats the only k.f you'll learn[bear crap k.f]" - Sui-Fuw know thats funny! I knew you had in ya...Clouds c*ck that is. LOL **** I'm funny!

Ahhh, so I see you have found out about my secrect hakka bear crap kf. I mean whats a bro. to do. I have to worry about you coming at me with your hakka ging. Atleast now if you try to act up I'll just use my bear crap kf and **** on you. LOL

Later ladies!
:D

Bub

BIU JI
09-18-2001, 03:41 AM
Perhaps you didn't actually leave your previous school but were kicked out. With the dribble you spill out I'm not surprised.
Along with the total lack of respect towards other's sifu (particularly the ones who have passed on) just shows that you've never been anywhere close to becoming bai si and I guess thats why you go from school to school.

Just a jack of all trades after all!!

sui-fuw
09-20-2001, 03:23 AM
i'm sincerly sorry for the unacceptable post.f.t please accept my deepest apologies for disrespect of your sifu,it was uncalled for.i've had a few days to contemplate on it and feel so ashamed.i understand if you can't forgive me.i even tried to erase it,but couldn't.
i would like to be friends,however we both know this can't happen.
we both came on the same time more or less,and had fun,then the hakka video came up and then the battle started.maybe what i've got against you is that i cease to believe you have seen the hakka pak mei?and don't want poeple to link up your ykm to this[this i'm not sorry for,forgive my ignorance,but you have yet to experence it.hope you do one day for your future generations].

thank you for your apoligies,and thank you for showing me your the bigger man in this.

sorry again,it will be awile before i show my face again[and thanks mother,by showing me the way]
pin onn tai gett
yours s.w

sui-fuw
09-20-2001, 03:29 AM
i forgot,i promise not to disrespect your sifu again f.t.it won't happen again[a big mistake]

fiercest tiger
09-20-2001, 07:56 AM
i think we both have learnt something from these arguments, it was all good fun in the day! :D
but your are absolutely correct about how it started, and it really doesnt matter. if ykm hasnt got the hakka ging you speak of then its ok, as long as i can still teach what ive been taught and i have good students that can pass on my sifu's teachings thats what matters!
i think we can be friends i dont hold grudges, if someone is sincere.
my apologies about the mother language im embarrassed to say the least, but we do seem to go hard! hehehe ;)

please dont leave the forum, i like your info and comments but we shouldnt take it personal if we dont think something isnt correct, we should look at similarities than differences sometimes.

take care sui fuw you are a bigger man than me to appoligise here!

thankyou and respects

:)

come & visit us!
yaukungmun@hotmail.com

BIU JI
09-20-2001, 02:35 PM
DOU !!!!

Fubokuen
09-23-2001, 09:13 PM
You both are so sincere that it mottles my scrotum... :eek:

Is this Bizarro World, or is it just all the reverse breathing???

sui-fuw
09-24-2001, 01:31 AM
you haven't got a scrot your massa chopped them off[mick jagger]

fiercest tiger
09-24-2001, 03:05 AM
hahahaha i feel the love even for you my toy boy! :D

i tried my best then and you ruined it, *******..HAHAHA :D

come & visit us!
yaukungmun@hotmail.com