PDA

View Full Version : the perfect school

apoweyn
08-26-2002, 11:02 AM
describe your perfect school. equipment, teachers, student body, etc.

boxing ring? traditional shrines? uniforms?

fa_jing
08-26-2002, 11:13 AM
It would be just like my school, only we'd have a full boxing ring, wooden men, a gym, access to the school at all hours, and best of all, it would be completely FREE!!!!

:p

jun_erh
08-26-2002, 11:17 AM
first, I want to say I drove by Ywang Jwing Ming school today, he had a mural sized picture of himself on the side of the school!!!

I've been thinking about this lately. I came up with a sort of kung fu college. Wherien you can major in one thing like san shou, forms, chi kung, accupuncture, TCM, but have the option to learn all the other stuff too. It arose out of that I take two different classes, one forms and one fighting. Both are great in their own way and very reflective of the teacher's personalities. Personally, I can't imagine just doing one now.
I guess Shaolin Temple would be a good example of this, where there are different halls and masters for different things.

MonkeySlap Too
08-26-2002, 11:21 AM
It would have adequate training space, some mats, heavy bags, all the cool Chinese training apparatus, a universal gym, an extensive reference library - no wait that's my house.

Perfect school? Up on a mountain, away from the crowds. With a handful of die hard players training together.

Suntzu
08-26-2002, 11:32 AM
multi-year contracts… vast array of colorful belts and belt tips… multiple colored uniforms and t-shirts that look a whole lot better than the first one you bought… a big azs window so lil bad azs kids can make faces while u 'train'… oh wait that was the school i was at when i was little:mad: :rolleyes: :D

MonkeySlap Too
08-26-2002, 11:37 AM
Don't forget cult speak 'be alright to ask yourself?', pointless discipline, never sparring or competing against others, and wild claims like being to leap off of an 11 story building and land like a falling leaf.

Oh, and being the grandmaster of all shaolin styles, while what you practice looks just like karate.

KC Elbows
08-26-2002, 11:46 AM
Traditional Burmese Kalari Do, under the Esteemed Gentleman Scholar.:D

Suntzu
08-26-2002, 12:35 PM
seriously tho… a ring… heavy bags galore… a godzilla of a banana bag… foam wrapped support beams… wrestling mat/area… power rack… bench… 2 or 3 machines… tv room( for studying fight footage )… a badass stereo… and in-house ring girls, I mean massage therapist... yeah thats the ticket...

mantiskilla
08-26-2002, 12:38 PM
more and more forms with no explanation on how to use any of it, but being able to do push ups all day long. equipment sitting and collecting dust, or holding up clothes. no straight answer but, "you'll figure it out in 20 years". thats good stuff. :D
________
Pink*****Cat (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/cam/Pink*****Cat/)

Liokault
08-26-2002, 01:36 PM
For me it would be small with only 4-5 guys training but training regularly.

they would all have some history of other arts especialy wrestling and boxing. they would also not worry to much about black eyes or bruses.

the area we would have to train in would not need to be to big as long as we have room to run outside ( and a hill to sprint up)

equiptment would be target mits, large kick pads, mats, 2 big punch bags and a speed ball. A good high fixing point for the bags would be great to.

Qi dup
08-26-2002, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by jun_erh

I've been thinking about this lately. I came up with a sort of kung fu college. Wherien you can major in one thing like san shou, forms, chi kung, accupuncture, TCM, but have the option to learn all the other stuff too. It arose out of that I take two different classes, one forms and one fighting. Both are great in their own way and very reflective of the teacher's personalities. Personally, I can't imagine just doing one now.
I guess Shaolin Temple would be a good example of this, where there are different halls and masters for different things.

That is a great great idea.

TaoBoy
08-26-2002, 07:39 PM
lots of room to train in.
mats for groundwork.
heaps of different sized bags.
ample weaponry to use.
outside training area.
meditation garden.
spa.
sauna.
harem of nubile, young women.

...aah my mind is starting to wander. :D

rubthebuddha
08-26-2002, 10:59 PM
you should list the nubile women and the spa/sauna together as one option. ;)

i think my ideal school would change with my mood -- maybe somedays i want to train down on the beach, and other days (blizzards, for example) i'd prefer to remain inside. but all of those would require a fantastic instructor and hopefully hard-working fellow students. otherwise, i'm bolting.

Serpent
08-26-2002, 11:19 PM
OK, at first glance this is going to seem incredibly nerdy, but bear with me and you'll agree I'm sure!

The perfect school would be a holodeck, just like the ones in Star Trek, and a ****hot holodeck programmer.

Think about it!

Any scenario you could imagine, exact replica of the Shaolin Temple or the UFC ring, any opponent you can imagine with the safety level of injury set at various degrees. Any kind of training enviroment you could conceive of, holo-versions of all the great masters to learn from.

I often dream of having a holodeck. If I had three wishes, one of them would be for the above! Imagine honing your combat skills against Klingon Warriors or Globbelly Blob Creatures from the planet Zark!

Seriously, think about it! ;) :D

Shadow Dragon
08-26-2002, 11:24 PM
Perfecgt School.

Hmmm.

Location inside a Japanese or Chinese garden.
Traditional Wooden House with big training are inside and walls that can be removed to look out over the lake.

All traditional gear (i.e. no bags, ring, etc)
Outside a large open area with firm sand to practice on.

Cheers.

Serpent
08-26-2002, 11:45 PM
We can program that! ;)

jun_erh
08-27-2002, 07:09 PM
Qi Dup- The thing is, if you live in an urban area and have enough free time you can sort of do that. I may add a chi kung class if I can. The good schools aren't that expensive relative to other stuff in the world. I guess alot of people don't live in a big city and/or have much free time.