PDA

View Full Version : Undaunted Wu Dang

jun_erh
08-26-2002, 11:25 AM
This is a good ****in movie. I just rented it again after a discussion on Wudang in the Shaolin Kung Fu forum. a few things
1. The woman in this movie is incredible
2. All the main characters are really really skinny

Check out the review at this site http://www.ronlim.com/martial.html

Jimbo
08-27-2002, 07:26 PM
I bought this tape when I lived in Taiwan. At first I didn't like it all that much, but have since come to like the movie a lot. It's a very old-school mainland film. They obviously didn't pick the actors because they are "pretty boys" or "pin-up quality women" like most HK movies in recent years. They were chosen because they have talent and could carry the film.

Jim

jun_erh
08-28-2002, 07:03 PM
there does tend to be a bit more drama (as opposed to action) in mainland movies. Usually lots of nice scenery though, as oppposed to sets on some lot somewhere. all adds up to a good time for those interested in real China and real kung fu but not alot of commercial potential

SETANSI
09-13-2002, 01:02 PM
My sifu gave me a copy of this movie to watch a few years back.
In my opinion it is the definitive wu dang movie.
Highly recomended espeialy for the wutang hip hop wanabees who are clueless obout cma and want to know more about what wu dang realy is .

wu tang clan's kung fu is almost as bad as their music
spice 1 e-40 or little romeo would kick their ass in a roof top BLOOD match, blood,like what
never catch me c walkin homie

just watch the movie wu dang sword is really beutiful

jun_erh
09-17-2002, 06:57 PM
spice one and undaunted wudang in the same post. that is very interesting. I've read a lot about tai chi and wudang, but still don't get how it is related to the stuff I saw in that movie. It just looked like regualr kung fu to me in general.

GeneChing
02-18-2003, 10:08 AM
Just saw a copy loaned to me by a martial bro (a keeper of good flicks)

It kinda creeps up on you. Starts slow and campy, but in the end, it has some awesome fights (and it's great to see all the xingyi choreography.) Also it was cool to see Zhao Changjun in action. Anyone know any more movies with Zhao?

jun_erh
02-19-2003, 12:21 PM
a clip here

http://www.neo-modus.com/stuntpeople/articles/undauntedwudang.htm

norther practitioner
02-20-2003, 09:01 AM
Just got this in my collection (still have to watch it though). I've only seen about half of it on and off (was taking a nap when I through it in).

jethro
02-19-2006, 06:03 PM
This is one of the few movies that I made it through on the 20 pack I bought, but since i DIDN'T WATCH IT VERY CLOSELY, i WAS GLAD TO SEE SOME REVIEWS ON IT SO THAT i COULD WATCH IT AGAIN TONIGHT.

jethro
02-22-2006, 09:51 PM
I can see why I didn't stick with this when I first watched it-the very first fight looks a bit fake, and then theres like an HOUR pause on the action. But this movie has a type of movie fighting style that I have never seen before, there's wire usage, but not that much, this movie emphasises a lot more on real fighting(or at least it tries to). Another movie to look for in the Wutang 20 pack that this came with is hidden darts, its not a good movie AT ALL, but it manages to complete the worst and funniest dubbing job I have ever heard. I don't think that they had weed, plastic surgery, or the song like a virgin back then, it starts out bad, but the dubbing picks up along the way.