PDA

View Full Version : The Monday after the Party

GeneChing
08-26-2002, 11:52 AM
Sorry, I only have a moment to check in with you all this morning, so I'm grabbing it.

The party was a great success. We reaise $20,000 and I've had about 9 hours of sleep total since Friday. Right now, Grandmaster Liang Shouyu, his daughter Helen Liang and disciple He Tao, the Abbot of Wudang Zhong Yun Long and his disciple Yun Xiang Tseng, and two masters from Emei mountain Zhang Hanbin and Fu Xue Li are here in the office. Shaolin Monk Shi Xinghao was here and just left.

Things are still really busy. I'll let you know more about the party as I get the chance.

fa_jing
08-26-2002, 12:33 PM
I expect a complete list of toxic substances consumed, and their respective amounts, on my desk by tomorrow morning. If the list isn't up to par, you will be required to repeat the party.

Just kidding, hopefully you all had some good, clean fun!

MonkeySlap Too
08-26-2002, 01:43 PM
Gene,
You have got to have the most fun job on earth.

@PLUGO
08-26-2002, 01:50 PM
A particular Gem of the weekend was hanging out on the second floor overlooking the Main loby. A Wing Chun Class/Test was being held in the "chit-Chat" lounge while some of KUNGFU's greatest Masters checked in and met each other casually in the Loby. Amidst a circle of Introductions a somewhat drunken Bartender (just off from the Wedding held in the Ballroom we would later use) poked his head in and introduced himself to the assembled masters taking full advantage of the hand-shaking session as well as the language barrier... He was then gone before any of the masters could really figure out who the well dressed fellow in the Dreadlocks really was!!! :D

ABSOLUTELY PRICELESS!!!

Qi dup
08-26-2002, 02:12 PM
Right on Gene, sounds awsome. I'm glade everything went well.

jun_erh
08-26-2002, 02:17 PM
any brawls? I heard Shi Xinghoa got loaded and threw a haymaker at the Wudang guy, ostensibly for stepping on his shoe.

Crimson Phoenix
08-26-2002, 02:21 PM
When I grow up I wanna be like Gene :D
Anyway, that makes a reunion of Emei masters that I'm sure has almost no equivalent in history!!!
did Liang, Zhang and Fu know each other? And if so, did they manage to get into some WILD Emei style rumble?? :D

@PLUGO
08-26-2002, 03:18 PM
Sorry to say there where no Brawls to be seen or heard of at the event...

I did notice one Master to be particularly "disapointed" with the Hotel Management... hope he survived... the manager that is! :p

Skarbromantis
08-26-2002, 03:28 PM
For real I want Gene's job!!

Skard1

@PLUGO
08-26-2002, 04:45 PM
... Gene might just give it to you!!!!

You must understand, that if Gene's job were a character in a Kungfu Movie... he would probably be that first Brave soldier ordered to lead the charge against the obviously immortal Kungfu Bad Guy!!!

It's a testament to his Kungfu that he survives each and every encounter with the Villanous Deadline and the equally unpredictable and deadly Special Project!!!

If my Job where a charactor in a Kungfu Movie... it would probably be somewhere between the Comedy relief Sidekick & the Mystical Hermit with all the interesting herbs . . . ;)

David Jamieson
08-26-2002, 04:50 PM
so... How many "drunken style" forms were demonstrated? hmmmn?....hmmmmn?

You can tell me, I won't tell a soul. hahahahaha.

Great to hear there was success!

peace

@PLUGO
08-26-2002, 05:13 PM
Well... all I can say is that there was a reason we published that article on The Mystic Smoking Pipe when we did . . . ;)

joedoe
08-26-2002, 05:58 PM
So did anyone score with Helen Liang? :D

@PLUGO
08-26-2002, 06:49 PM
well, we scored some EXCELLENT PHOTOS just today!!!

she'll be gracing one of our covers in the near future!!!

joedoe
08-26-2002, 07:04 PM
Naked photos? Or maybe in those sexy silk pyjamas she wears on the video? :D

NorthernMantis
08-26-2002, 07:46 PM
Hey did anyone take pics of the got chi girls?:D

GeneChing
08-27-2002, 10:05 AM
fa_jing: I had a few Guinesses at the warm up party (Friday) then one Anchor Steam at home with some of my volunteers at 3AMm Monday morning. I estimate I got maybe 8 hours of sleep from Friday to Monday. With that much sleep dep, no need for any more toxicity. Last night I got some good sleep tho...:)

monkeyslap, qi_dup, skabromantis: my job does have it's moments. Life could be sweeter than this, I don't know...;)

jun_erh: No fights that I'd admit too. Xinghao stayed at my house Sunday night and I spent all yesterday with Wudang's cheif priest Zhang. No animosity there at all. Dont' believe the movies.

crimson: Zhang and Fu are sitting across the office from me, waiting for a newpaper person to interview them. Yesterday I had a great lunch with them, GM Liang, Helen, He Tao, Tony Chen (the whole Emei posse) and the Wudang priests. I felt like Wayne & Garht "I'm not worthy!" :p

joedoe: Be respectful to Helen. :mad:

nothernmantis: The got qi girls were mostly in traditional silk chi paos. All I can say is that the chi pao is one of China's greatest inventions after Kungfu and ketchup.

design sifu: get back to work before you reveal too much of yourself.:rolleyes:

Sow Choy
08-27-2002, 11:25 AM
Congratulations Gene!!

Gene,

Great job! Everyone I talked to had only great things to say about the event. Nice to see everyone and not be at a tournament. We need to find more reasons to do this again!!

Both the afternoon show and night time show were awesome. The only nudity I saw, was when this one master pulled a truck with his private, gross but amazing none the less. But he really whipped the Iron ***** out. lol

The qi girls were beautiful, Gene say hi to Judy the Korean girl for me ; ) I think she liked me, lol j/k.

It was cool to see the Taoist styles perform, too many great performers to name, not many dissapointments.

P.S.
Sorry about the light Gene!

If you you could send me a copy of that Buddhist cd, I would REALLY appreciate it!!

Joe Keit

joedoe
08-27-2002, 05:16 PM
So how is admiring Helen Liang as a beautiful woman disrespectful? Besides, I was just having some fun :)

GeneChing
08-28-2002, 10:40 AM
sc: Thanks for busting out your stuff for both shows! You rock! It was great to see you!

The light was pretty weird. We were afraid that the ceiling would be too low with the riser. When you hit that light, it flashed with a popping sound. I immediately radioed for a broom, then got up on stage after you and Sifu Li Came off to clean it up. You guys hit it just right. You broke the filament but didn't break the glass. Pretty amazing when you think about it. NOt quite as amazing as whipping it out and pulling a truck, but hey...;)

I've been thinking about the music. I think what you heard at the funeral was the amitoufo pusa chant, a very common Buddhist chant. The Shaolin music is based on it. I'll get you that very CD as soon as the DJ returns it and also see if I can find just the straight chant for you. Should I just send it to the school at 5365 North State Rd 7... or elsewhere? Email me privately ( Gene@KungfuMagazine.com ) if elsewhere.

Judy very sweet. She leaves for Vegas for Labor Day Las Vegas Legacy - a huge monster of an open tournament. Half our crew go straight from cleaning up the party to packing for Vegas. Judy is actually not a got qi girl, but she was our 'Taoist nun' (speaking of taoists...) in our Taoist special (SEPOCT 2002 - http://store.yahoo.com/martialartsmart/200112.html) on stands now.

jd: A comment like "So did anyone score with Helen Liang?" is not respectful. She's a very special master and deserves more respect. Besides, if you ever got on the wrong side of her daddy, you'd be done. He put some moves on his disciple at our evening demo, knocking him across the stage.

joedoe
08-28-2002, 04:39 PM
Whatever.

Serpent
08-28-2002, 06:33 PM
I think Gene has a thing for Helen Liang.

jun_erh
08-28-2002, 06:45 PM
Joe Doe stop being such a loser and shut up already

Chang Style Novice
08-28-2002, 06:46 PM
There IS a respectful way to ask that question:

"Did Helen Liang score with anyone?"

joedoe
08-28-2002, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by jun_erh
Joe Doe stop being such a loser and shut up already

Ooooh. Yes sir. I am so sorry sir.

**** off wanker.

Xebsball
08-28-2002, 09:13 PM
:D :D Gene "pulled a Ryu"

j/k :D

Serpent
08-28-2002, 09:15 PM
Ew! I didn't know Gene and Ryu were that close!

Crimson Phoenix
08-28-2002, 11:53 PM
Gene told me last time that Helen wasn't his type...maybe dinner in her vicinity changed his mind hehehehhehehe

Anyway Gene, lucky you ;)

wufupaul
08-29-2002, 12:08 AM
"Baby Got Back"

[Intro]
Oh, my, god. Becky, look at her butt.
It is so big. *scoff* She looks like,
one of those rap guys' girlfriends.
But, y'know, who understands those rap guys? *scoff*
They only talk to her, because,
she looks like a total prostitute, 'kay?
I mean, her butt, is just so big. *scoff*
I can't believe it's just so round, it's like,
out there, I mean - gross. Look!
She's just so ... black!

[Sir Mix-a-Lot]
I like big butts and I can not lie
You other brothers can't deny
That when a girl walks in with an itty bitty waste
And a round thing in your face
You get sprung, wanna pull up tough
'Cause you notice that butt was stuffed
Deep in the jeans she's wearing
I'm hooked and I can't stop staring
Oh baby, I wanna get wit'cha
And take your picture
My homeboys tried to warn me
But with that butt you got makes
Ooh, Rump-o'-smooth-skin
You say you wanna get in my Benz?
Well, use me, use me
'Cause you ain't that average groupy
I've seen them dancin'
The hell with romancin'
She's wet, wet,
Got it goin' like a turbo 'Vette
I'm tired of magazines
Sayin' flat butts are the thing
Take the average black man and ask him that
She gotta pack much back
So, fellas! (Yeah!) Fellas! (Yeah!)
Has your girlfriend got the butt? (Hell yeah!)
Tell 'em to shake it! (Shake it!) Shake it! (Shake it!)
Shake that healthy butt!
Baby got back!

(LA face with Oakland booty)
Baby got back!

[Sir Mix-a-Lot]
I like 'em round, and big
And when I'm throwin' a gig
I just can't help myself, I'm actin' like an animal
Now here's my scandal
I wanna get you home
And ugh, double-up, ugh, ugh
I ain't talkin' bout Playboy
'Cause silicone parts are made for toys
I want 'em real thick and juicy
So find that juicy double
Mix-a-Lot's in trouble
Beggin' for a piece of that bubble
So I'm lookin' at rock videos
Watchin' these bimbos walkin' like hoes
You can have them bimbos
I'll keep my women like Flo Jo
A word to the thick soul sistas, I wanna get with ya
I won't cuss or hit ya
But I gotta be straight when I say I wanna ******
Til the break of dawn
Baby got it goin' on
A lot of simps won't like this song
'Cause them punks like to hit it and quit it
And I'd rather stay and play
'Cause I'm long, and I'm strong
And I'm down to get the friction on
So, ladies! {Yeah!} Ladies! {Yeah}
If you wanna role in my Mercedes {Yeah!}
Then turn around! Stick it out!
Even white boys got to shout
Baby got back!

Baby got back!
Yeah, baby ... when it comes to females, Cosmo ain't got nothin'
to do with my selection. 36-24-36? Ha ha, only if she's 5'3".

[Sir Mix-a-Lot]
So your girlfriend rolls a Honda, playin' workout tapes by Fonda
But Fonda ain't got a motor in the back of her Honda
My anaconda don't want none
Unless you've got buns, hon
You can do side bends or sit-ups,
But please don't lose that butt
Some brothers wanna play that "hard" role
And tell you that the butt ain't go
So they toss it and leave it
And I pull up quick to retrieve it
So Cosmo says you're fat
Well I ain't down with that!
'Cause your waste is small and your curves are kickin'
And I'm thinkin' bout stickin'
To the beanpole dames in the magazines:
You ain't it, Miss Thing!
Give me a sista, I can't resist her
Red beans and rice didn't miss her
Some knucklehead tried to dis
'Cause his girls are on my list
He had game but he chose to hit 'em
And I pull up quick to get wit 'em
So ladies, if the butt is round,
And you want a triple X throw down,
Dial 1-900-MIXALOT
And kick them nasty thoughts
Baby got back!

(Little in the middle but she got much back) [4x]

joedoe
08-29-2002, 12:37 AM
LOL wufu. Get yourself a durian. :D

GeneChing
08-29-2002, 10:09 AM
Helen Liang is a noted master and lineage holder. That must be respected. Just because she is a woman does not detract from the respect she is due. To do so dishonors our whole tradition. Would you treat a male master with the same disregard?

As for Helen specifically, almost every guy I know falls under her spell. Kevin and I were just joking about how we could make a fortune running the Helen Liang fan club. She has quite a presence in person. And her videos are some of our top sellers. (http://store.yahoo.com/martialartsmart/tclh001.html & http://store.yahoo.com/martialartsmart/vidsnakfisem.html) I suppose I'm protective of her honor like I would be of any elder sister.

@PLUGO
08-29-2002, 11:43 AM
Wow, almost a whole page devoted to revealing how immature some people can be.

Jest is one thing, but isn't martial training about self cultivation? Respect for those who have achieved a greater knowlege of Kungfu.

Personally it's been an honor to work with a master as cultured as Helen Liang, He gender & attractiveness is secondary.

All this other trolling is pretty lame. it just reveals why Martial arts has such a bad rep amongst the general population. Some people need to grow up, learn to relate to people as people... I suspect for some, Kungfu & message boards aren't really gonna help...

Sow Choy
08-29-2002, 11:48 AM
Gene Ching,

Thanks again, and yes that 5365 address is fine. Also my email address is: jkeit1701@hotmail.com if you ever need to email me.

Still smiling over the whole event, I had alot of fun.

Take care, and congratulations again!

Joe Keit

Crimson Phoenix
08-29-2002, 02:24 PM
I really wish I could get my hands on this snake video...it seems really good (even the art on the box is refined)...unfortunately, with the transcription to PAL/SECAM the cost becomes MAD...
Do you ever plan on issuing DVDs? They're becoming less and less expensive to burn, even if it might require extra work for the interface...

Sharky
08-29-2002, 02:31 PM
anyone who cusses abandit is a ****ing ****er.

joedoe
08-29-2002, 03:50 PM
Thanks Sharky :D

Gene, if you really feel so strongly about it, then you have my apologies. The comment was made in jest, but if it really offends you that much then I apologise.

And for the record, yes I would joke about whether anyone scored with a male master. It's just that most of them are too old for that joke to be funny. :)

NorthernMantis
08-29-2002, 03:58 PM
Hey Joe it's cool that you talked to the GotQi girls but keep your distance from Tammy. I got my eyes set on her aleready.:D

Hey Gene it's cool I understand what you mean. It's the same when it ocmes to some of my kung fu sisters.

joedoe
08-29-2002, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by NorthernMantis
Hey Joe it's cool that you talked to the GOtQi girls but keep your distance form Tammy. I got mey eyes set on her aleready.:D

Hey Gene it's cool I understand what you mean. It's the same when it ocmes to some of my kung fu sisters.

I didn't talk to any got chi girls - were they any good? Ooops - sorry, I didn't mean to be disrespectful to them.

Masters are people too! :D

You guys have no sense of humour :)

NorthernMantis
08-29-2002, 04:09 PM
lol I meant sow choy since his name is Joe also and we're good buds. It's cool though. Hope you didn't take it like an insult.:D

joedoe
08-29-2002, 04:20 PM
Sorry, my bad. :)

NorthernMantis
08-29-2002, 05:04 PM
lol it's cool

@PLUGO
08-29-2002, 05:43 PM
:o :p :rolleyes: :D

Sharky
08-29-2002, 05:47 PM
gerroff me

GeneChing
09-03-2002, 11:16 AM
SC: So glad you had a good time at the party. I'll send you that CD as soon as that DJ returns it. I think I have a buddhist chanter lying around here too that I can send you - it's a little black box that repeats that chant. A lot of Chinese buddhist give them away.

CP: We have been experimenting with the DVD format. We do have some VCD format stuff, which we market to our internationals, mostly Chinese. DVD has an expensive start-up cost right now, but that price is coming down so it's getting more do-able for us.

SK: Come on, this is a family show.

JD: I do feel strongly about our sisters and appreciate your apology. We'll have to tear into those male masters someday.

NM: I suppose I shouldn't tell you about Tammy's personal website...

DS: What is it about you and the group hugs? Sharky's right. Stay on your side of the office.