PDA

View Full Version : Leg hooking

fa_jing
08-26-2002, 11:57 AM
Hi all, we've been learning inside and outside leg hooking, minor and major. I haven't gotten the names straight :( Plus some leg clipping, too. Building on the trips and sweeps I learned at the Shuai Jiao seminar, I am starting to get a hang on takedowns initiated by the legs. My classmate told me my grappling is getting better. Just wanted to share my enthusiasm, and do you all practice these types of techniques? :)

Liokault
08-26-2002, 01:29 PM
How do you do your leg hooking?....do you hook and continue upwards or do you stamp though to the floor?

fa_jing
08-26-2002, 01:39 PM
FIRST, shake the opponent up with a strike, then place foot on the floor, hook upwards while pushing/pulling the opponent's upper body in the opposite direction.

This is in contrast to the Shuai Jiao sweeps I learned, which stomped to the floor while screwing your foot into the floor. However, these were sometimes followed by a leg hooking technique.

Water Dragon
08-26-2002, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Liokault
How do you do your leg hooking?....do you hook and continue upwards or do you stamp though to the floor?

Depending on the situation, we do both.

fa_jing
08-26-2002, 07:06 PM
WD - Let's create some situations soon.

LEGEND
08-26-2002, 07:07 PM
Not really...it's very beneficial for strikers though.

SevenStar
08-26-2002, 10:07 PM
yeah, those were some good techniques we picked up. Also, if you have access to a judo player, work with him.

GGL
08-26-2002, 10:25 PM
what WD said.. it depends on the situation.. I use Inner leg hooking if the opponent tend to leave a foot forward and does not change the stance.. or even twisted springing technique cna be used if the person is kinda slow in reacting...outer leg hooking can be various... racking the heel can be used if the opponent is double rooted and used with a good blow to the upper body, Chawe to plucking can be used

although hooking the leg can apply to a number of Shuai Chiao throws.. this is just my opinion

but I've been known to hit the ground before:D :D

Greg

SevenStar
08-27-2002, 12:40 AM
yeah, hooking can apply in many instances, like ho ti (sp?) and uchi mata