PDA

View Full Version : You are ****ed, a BJJ guy has you by the hips...

MonkeySlap Too
08-26-2002, 02:12 PM
what BGZ strategies / methods get you out of this clinch? How do you train it? Who do you train against?

Mojo
08-26-2002, 03:04 PM
A combination of Ling Kong Jing and Dim Mak would work well here.

:D

count
08-26-2002, 05:52 PM
We try to use elbows in close with grappler. If we can't get inside head/neck control which always works, inward sideways elbows to the face or if he get's in deeper downward elbows to the scapula area. Of course while stepping back and deep. I train with a mask on and chest protector turned around on my back and take turns taking down or defending.

Or what mojo said. That should work too.;)

Zantesuken
08-26-2002, 06:55 PM
doesn't matter if it's an issue of power as well it's not just your hips that genereates it. it's you insides as well such as your intesetines and kidneys.

SevenStar
08-26-2002, 10:22 PM
where on the hips? is he in front like a double leg, or behind you, like ura nage?

MonkeySlap Too
08-27-2002, 09:05 AM
Ura Nage

Water Dragon
08-27-2002, 10:06 AM
Depending on what your stance does to his structure, there's a few options, but ya gots to DROP into that horse before your feet leave the ground. If not, well, I hope you can fall well.

MonkeySlap Too
08-27-2002, 12:41 PM
Well, yeah, but it that the BGZ solution? How does BGZ train against the best fighters of other styles? I find it hard to beleive with all the hardcore fighters on this board, that there can't be some really great answers and training methodologies.

Don't tell you don't have too, becaudse Sun Tzu said it best a long time ago: "Know your enemy AND yourself..."

Walter Joyce
08-27-2002, 01:49 PM
I didn't respond earlier for a couple of reasons, but i'll tell you my first response...a good BGZ fighter would never let this happen...for the BJJ person to have his hands on your hips, he had to get in close. The split second he entered a good BGZ fighter's range, he would have been hit with a barrage of strikes, and taken down and out.

This reminds me of when I used to give self-defense seminars, and someone would say, but what if, and then create a scenario where it is already too late.

My answer, don't let it get to that point.

Water Dragon
08-27-2002, 02:13 PM
Someone starts arguing with you, for whatever reason. They are probably already in your face. If they go at you from there, you can't get in. And I doubt anyone here attacks everyone that comes into range.

Except maybe for that Felipe Bido guy

Felipe Bido
08-27-2002, 04:11 PM
Waterdragon, you make it sound like I am a doberman or something :D

SevenStar
08-27-2002, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by Walter Joyce
I didn't respond earlier for a couple of reasons, but i'll tell you my first response...a good BGZ fighter would never let this happen...for the BJJ person to have his hands on your hips, he had to get in close. The split second he entered a good BGZ fighter's range, he would have been hit with a barrage of strikes, and taken down and out.

This reminds me of when I used to give self-defense seminars, and someone would say, but what if, and then create a scenario where it is already too late.

My answer, don't let it get to that point.

regardless of how good you are, it can happen. You may end up crossing hands with someone whose grappling is as high a caliber as you bgz.

SevenStar
08-27-2002, 09:40 PM
I just noticed MStoo's post...here's the scenario

you are fighting a guy that trains shuai chiao and judo. as he steps toward you, you throw a punch. He parries, steps outside and quickly circles behind you. Now he's in position to do ura nage - which is similar to a suplex. He's behind you, so you obviously can't do punches and downward elbows. he has you wrapped up, so your balance is broken. what do you do?

Don't say "I wouldn't let it happen" because you don't know that it won't happen. That's just the reality of a fight. Training BGZ doesn't make you automatically superior to anyone.

Heck, you could be fighting a BGZ fighter who is superior to you and has also trained in judo or shuai chiao.

And, just for the record, once your balance is broken, the downward elbows won't have any effect. Once contact has been made, you are off your feet and going backwards. And unless you've got some hellified fa jing, a few strikes will most likely not stop a good takedown. I'm in no way trying to say that grappling is better than any other style, this is just an observation that I've noticed, as I also train a cma.

count
08-28-2002, 05:26 AM
Oh sure, change it after I answered.:mad:

LOL SevenStar, I get this vision of a "John Wayne Haymaker" you have time to duck under in your scenerio. I don't think you'll see that coming from a Bagua fighter.

Elbows do go in a backward direction too. It's true about the balance though. Once it's broken, or as we say, once your center is stolen you lose. Maybe the butt is the weapon of choice here? Internal and external butt techniques. :D

Seriously, Keep the good answers coming guys. Let's hear from some some more of my fighting, bagua brothers.;)

Water Dragon
08-28-2002, 06:39 AM
Originally posted by count
Maybe the butt is the weapon of choice here? Internal and external butt techniques. :D

That's what I said, Horse Stance. :D

count
08-28-2002, 08:07 AM
Internal or external butt?:eek:

Water Dragon
08-28-2002, 08:24 AM
Depends on what I had for lunch

SevenStar
08-28-2002, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by count
Oh sure, change it after I answered.:mad:

LOL SevenStar, I get this vision of a "John Wayne Haymaker" you have time to duck under in your scenerio. I don't think you'll see that coming from a Bagua fighter.

Elbows do go in a backward direction too. It's true about the balance though. Once it's broken, or as we say, once your center is stolen you lose. Maybe the butt is the weapon of choice here? Internal and external butt techniques. :D

Seriously, Keep the good answers coming guys. Let's hear from some some more of my fighting, bagua brothers.;)

lol, I'm not talking about a haymaker, though it would be hilarious to see one coming from a bagua guy :D elbows do indeed go backward, but have less force and likely will not put enough space between you and your opponent to prevent him from a takedown. I too would opt for using the butt. A mix of internal and external should do fine.