PDA

View Full Version : Is there any sort of screening process to be a MMA troll?

KC Elbows
08-26-2002, 02:26 PM
I feel for genuine MMA practitioners. I've noticed a glut of MMA Trolls out there lately, most of them dumb as bricks, all of them acting as the cheerleading squad for the MMA community. I mean, what's that about? We've got the ladies of KFO, they've got: a gaggle of oily skinned 16 year olds with shaven heads and self control issues. It's a wonder anyone does MMA at all, those few who actually practice MMA as opposed to posting about MMAists have my kudos, but their pep squad is really sad.

Then you get Phrost, basically trolling for traditional support for his forum, yet only hosting a MMA forum, everything else is dedicated to bad schools, yet the MMA trolls can't even do that right, they all just compare who is the best troll. Seriously, that's all they do. It's like watching a car wreck, I'm just visiting to wait and see the law suits start.

What is it about MMA that breeds such repulsive trolls? Does it block certain meridians necessary for normal human growth? Is it the lack of a quality supplier like www.martialartsmart.com?

What's the deal?

Badger
08-26-2002, 02:39 PM
There are good Martial Artists & Bad in MMA. BUT....
MMA attracts alot of people who just want to fight.

All Martial...No ART.

So we have our thugs & internet thug wannabes.

If it keeps up I'm just gonna tell people I do Tae-Bo.
:p

Badger

KC Elbows
08-26-2002, 02:54 PM
Well, there's guys that seem to know their stuff, and they're OK. There's just an awful lot of guys who don't seem to know a thing, and will constantly refer you to so and so fighting so and so, as opposed to this technique countering that technique.

It's like the opposite of kung fu trolls. Kung Fu trolls are all principle and no fight. MMA trolls are all fight and no principles. Neither group can fight with their art.

Skarbromantis
08-26-2002, 03:22 PM
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If it keeps up I'm just gonna tell people I do Tae-Bo.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:D we should all have troll alter egos, mine would go like this:

16th Degree Shaolin black belt in Judo
My lineage would be from Fred Flintstone
School name is Bedrock Shaolin Judo Son
And I beat a Tai Chi who fought Marvin Perry
Bedrock Judo is superior.

Skard1

Royal Dragon
08-26-2002, 05:08 PM
It is the oldest and most original martial art.

It contains only the four original techniques.

1 Wild Man Puch
2 Cave Man Kick
3 Prehistoric pounce (Sort'a like a shoot in Bjj combined with jumping on the opponent like an ape)

4 Caveman club (The weapon set, consisting of a single over hand strike with a club)

I have already trained one student to the Master level, his name: Yamato Daimashii. He can sometimes be found on E-Budo, or cyber kwoon giving weight lifting advice.

For more info on the system, contact me at royaldragon@netzero.net, or contact Master Yamato at <shaolinninjamarine@yahoo.com>

Brad Souders
08-26-2002, 07:24 PM
FOCK MMA AND FOCK ANY DIPSH*T THAT TRAINS IT :)

TaoBoy
08-26-2002, 07:30 PM
4 Caveman club (The weapon set, consisting of a single over hand strike with a club)

I especially like the move entitled "Hit cave-woman over head, drag to cave".

Choke
08-26-2002, 11:19 PM
LOL @ Royal Dragon

SifuAbel
08-27-2002, 01:04 AM
From his picture, phrost looks a little "special". For the most part those guys sound like a bunch of circle jerk retards. They really NEED for people to know they are the ultimate. Dregs and rejects. :rolleyes:

Phrost
08-27-2002, 08:44 AM
If by "special" you mean "one hunk of man meat" then thanks for the compliment SeafoodAbel, but I'm straight.

As far as anyone needing to boost their egos, don't look at me. I think we've been down that road before. I've got a hell of an ego, and it's got nothing to do with the time I waste on an internet forum.

The only reason we added a MMA forum was because we share a lot of our users with Adcombat.com, and many of them were disgusted by the trolls over THERE, not to mention 90% of the topics on that board at the time were about one member who "accidentally" spammed the forum's yahoo pics group with picks of him performing the deadly Blo Wang technique on himself.

Anyway, I never intended for there to be MMA/TMA forums over there at all. The site's not really about any of that. And while we have discussions that wander into each respective area, our intent has always been to focus on fraud in all areas of Martial Arts.

It's still the same catch-22 that we've been dealing with for a while now. Traditional Martial Artists complain that their views are not being represented on the McDojo subject, yet they refuse to represent their views themselves. It almost seems like some people are more content to complain about things than to do anything about it.

We put up a TMA forum in a gesture of good faith towards the TMA community, and I set up KC Elbows as the moderator. There was never an attempt to ignore our (thankfully growing) TMA user base by not including the forum originally.

MightyB
08-27-2002, 09:31 AM
I am the self appointed SiJo of Spider Monkey Kung Fu

The Uniform is a diaper and the main technique when attacked is to scream like a madman and fling feces at the attacker. Then you are supposed to climb a tree and masturbate.
Masters of this style are characterized by their amazing vibrating palm chi.

Phrost
08-27-2002, 09:53 AM
I've got a black belt in WWFu.

SifuAbel
08-27-2002, 03:27 PM
Right on cue.

No, I mean you look like your mother spent too much time next to the microwave. LOL!

"I've got a hell of an ego........"

You got that right .

MKcdojo is full of wannabe 16 year old prepube mustash chuckle heads that resemble a beavis and ******** impersonator contest. There are a few names that I recognize as TMA. But, they are always there to defend against the same "superfighters" that don't know squat. I'm surprised more of them don't break their hands patting themselves on the back. And for what after all. What have they actually done. Which one of them IS vitor. None.

Its the same old sheepish parrot blah blah blah regergitation.

Royal Dragon
08-27-2002, 03:44 PM
The reason TMA's are under epresented can be seen in the debate I had with Sheol.

He had a premis based on what he admitted through discription as being extremely sub standard experiance, and when I tried to explain to him what the real deal was about, he STILL would not let go of his bashing of traditional Kung Fu and it's methods when it is VERY clear, he has no practical experiance with them, or thier uses and results of useing them in training. He is SOO convinced of the superiority of his methods it's disgusting. Even though he is CLERLY not qualified to have an opinion

Why should we bother trying to defend the Traditional arts, when the mission of your users is clear: Bash TMA's as much as possible, no matter what it is and what evidence is presented, no matter what, and hold MMA up as the all illuminating star of ultimate combat.

Your site is NOT about finding frauds, it's about lableing EVRERYTHING except MMA's (UFC, Pride etc )as fraudulant, sub standard, out dated , foolish, stupid and worthless.

Anything will be conjured up as evedance, reguardles of truth or reality. If there is no substance for the MMA is superior and all else is worthless, proof and fallacies are fabricated.

You site is nothing more than a delusional fantasy land for your cronies to play in.

MMA's have been comming off like this for a long time. And they wonder why Traditionalists don't want to play with them or compete in thier tournaments. Why go fight in an MMA tournament, only to be the picture child for how bad Kung Fu is if you loose, when about 2/3s of ALL those that enter loose.

The sad part is all those 2/3's are MMA's. No one says anything about how bad the MMAs are though, because the guys at the top are MMA's (Go figure:rolleyes: ).

For me, there is NO way I would ever compete in those circiuts, just due to the fact that NOONE can walk in and win all the way to the top on the first fight. It takes time to figue the game out and rise to the top. The entire time you make that journy you will be the picture child of how bad Kung Fu is, and if you DO make it to the top, now everyone will consider you an MMA that left the traditional arts because they "Suck". What you do in real life is irrelevant. You could be a PURE traditional fighter, and noone would bewilling to admit that because they can't have a traditionalist winning an MMA tournament. It would mean the MMA's aren't superior, now wouldn't it.

Your site will never be anyhting but a Bash Kung Fu and promote MMA. It's a joke, and a sad one at that.

Phrost
08-27-2002, 05:06 PM
I've got YEARS of CMA under my belt. I absolutely love Kung Fu. The only issues I have with it are exaggerated claims of the impossible (killing people with "chi") and the art being cheapened IMO by the Wushu movement.

But I'm just as entitled to these opinions as anyone else here is, and probably more than some. I've wasted time doing Wushu disguised as Kung Fu. The fact that we did semi-practical pad-striking drills and sparring went a long way toward the deception. I've spent time studying under one of the most respected Choy Lay Fut and Wing Chun Grandmasters in the world.

I know my Kung Fu.

The problem BOTH the "MMA" and "TMA" crowds have is that they see a distinction between the two, and have all jumped across an imaginary line in the sand to one side or the other.

MMA is a sport competition, designed to prove an individual fighter's skills. There is no "MMA Style" regardless of how people want to portray it.

Traditional Martial Arts are something completely different. They blend history, culture, spirituality, ethics, morals, and tradition, in with the various fighting systems. Some are better than others. Some are completely impractical, whereas some are absolutely deadly.

These are my views. So if you chose to attack some of the members of the website I helped found, that's fine. But don't attack me individually, especially for bashing all Traditional Martial Arts. It's not my intent, nor will I tolerate it.

McDojo.com is there to serve a simple purpose, regardless of how you feel about the current userbase: for the Martial Arts community to police itself of fraud. The entire site is designed so that the community itself decides what the standards are, and who meets or fails to live up to them.

A simple analogy will hopefully communicate the point I'm trying to get across here:

If you have 100 idiots shouting obscenities, the handful of people trying to sing beautifully will not be heard over the din.

Find more people that sing your song, and the shouting will fade away.

We are 100% supportive of Traditional Martial Arts. We are 0% supportive of people using them to make claims of the outrageous to further their own pocketbooks, people teaching impractical techniques that could give a deadly false sense of confidence, and people that want to portray Martial Artists as mindless, violent thugs.

But ultimately, it's up to the members of McDojo.com to decide what issues need to be brought up for discussion and review by the community. We have not to this date refused an article or other submission, and unless we find one that's simply offensive, do not plan on ever doing so.

McDojo.com does not have any intentions of misrepresenting or disparaging Traditional Martial arts. It is inaccurate to target the administrative team running the site, as a result of the actions of the members.

If you have a specific complaint about a Moderator or Admin doing so, bring it to my attention immediately.

Until then, it simply seems that you need more voices in the choir.

Rorny Gracie
08-27-2002, 05:31 PM
Choir?

Oooooo! Ooooooo! *waving his hands in thee air* can I be the Fat Viking lady with the Goldilocks braids and the helmet ??

Thanks

Royal Dragon
08-27-2002, 05:52 PM
McDojo.com is there to serve a simple purpose, regardless of how you feel about the current userbase: for the Martial Arts community to police itself of fraud. The entire site is designed so that the community itself decides what the standards are, and who meets or fails to live up to them.

REply]
The problem is you have a rather poor communty, and they are creating standards based on thier own fantasy relms.

Also, who apointed you spokesman for martial arts?

>>We are 100% supportive of Traditional Martial Arts. We are 0% supportive of people using them to make claims of the outrageous to further their own pocketbooks, people teaching impractical techniques that could give a deadly false sense of confidence, and people that want to portray Martial Artists as mindless, violent thugs.

Reply] Impractial techniques you say?? Who are you or your members to judge?? Many, Many techniques requirer special skill to be effective. They also require special training. Training that is often kept secret from those at the lower ranks. (Iron hand comes to mind, the techniques are often taught the first day, but the hardeneing method needed to make them functional to the fullest comes later). Just because YOU donot have that skill, and may not even be capable of getting it, does NOT mean the technique is impractical.

Just look at Sheol, he is completely clueless about traditional martial arts, and he cannot be taught because his mind is made up based on facts he created himself in his head out of pure fantasy. Arguing with knuckle heads like that is down right tireing.

The way I see it, your site is not at all about finding "Mc DoJo's", and all about bashing everyone but your own.

Phrost
08-27-2002, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by Royal Dragon
The problem is you have a rather poor communty, and they are creating standards based on thier own fantasy relms.

If the fact that we've been trying to improve upon this community has escaped you in the past several discussions I've participated in on these forums, then there's not much more I can say to you.

Also, who apointed you spokesman for martial arts?

Now where did I ever say, imply, or suggest such a thing? Please let me know because again, your assumptions are way off-base.

To repeat myself (ad nauseum): McDojo.com is a FORUM designed so that the Martial Arts Community can discuss the topics of fraud and the shady side of martial arts. The administrators and moderators do their ****dest to stay impartial and open to all points of view, and refuse to censor ANYTHING that is not blatantly libelous or submitted in bad faith.

This INCLUDES TRADITIONAL MARTIAL ARTISTS' POINTS OF VIEW.

Impractial techniques you say?? Who are you or your members to judge?? Many, Many techniques requirer special skill to be effective. They also require special training. Training that is often kept secret from those at the lower ranks. (Iron hand comes to mind, the techniques are often taught the first day, but the hardeneing method needed to make them functional to the fullest comes later). Just because YOU donot have that skill, and may not even be capable of getting it, does NOT mean the technique is impractical.

Do you know what my skills are? I didn't think so. You sure seem quick to make assumptions about them.

Who is anyone to judge anything? Opinions are like a$$holes, and the internet is chock full of them. Again, all the staff at McDojo.com does is provide a medium by which members of the Martial Arts Community can discuss such issues, and judge things for themselves.

Just look at Sheol, he is completely clueless about traditional martial arts, and he cannot be taught because his mind is made up based on facts he created himself in his head out of pure fantasy. Arguing with knuckle heads like that is down right tireing.

And how is one USER'S attitude a reflection of the views of the people that run McDojo.com?

Why do you continue to insist that we are responsible for any of the idiots that wandered into the forums there?

Why do you continue to insist that we have some sort of Anti-TMA agenda, simply because we've created a forum for the discussion of the darker side of ALL martial arts, to include MMA? Why is it so easy for you to throw the baby out with the bathwater?

You act like the Administrators over at my site sit around all day, thinking up new ways to denigrate Traditional Martial Arts. The way you'd paint a picture of us, we remove any posts made by TMA's, and only allow access to MMA stylists.

Find me one specific incident where either I Choke You, or I have done such a thing and I will personally and publically apologize for it. But you won't be able to, because that's not how we do busniess.

The way I see it, your site is not at all about finding "Mc DoJo's", and all about bashing everyone but your own. [/B]

Then you obviously chose not to "see" very well.

RD, you are more than welcome at our site, and I personally value your participation. I honestly do not know why there is such a spirit of adversary here. You cannot lump everyone that's shown any interest in MMA into one group, all of which being Anti-TMA. It's not productive, and it's not reasonable.

I consider myself a Martial Artist.

Period.

And so should you.

I'm just asking your help in raising the standards by which our community judges itself, and hopefully, consequently, the standards by which the rest of the world judges us.

Ryu
08-27-2002, 06:28 PM
"Who is anyone to judge anything? "

:D
That's a bit unproductive...

Ryu

Royal Dragon
08-27-2002, 07:06 PM
You act like the Administrators over at my site sit around all day, thinking up new ways to denigrate Traditional Martial Arts. The way you'd paint a picture of us, we remove any posts made by TMA's, and only allow access to MMA stylists.

Reply]
Admins, useres whatever, the main theme remains there, Bash all traditional martial arts, and promote MMA's as the sun, stars and moon of fighting.

Ryu,
So tell me, who is qualified to judge arts they know nothing about?? Can you tell me truely whether or not the techniques from Tai tzu's first Southern form are useles or legit?? No you can't. Why? becue you donot know that style, and are not privy to the appliction and multitude of strategies for getting it in and working it.

Just the same, you may have a number of techniques that on the surface "I" may thing are useless, but in YOUR hands are devisating.

I think if you look closely, you will see that "Who is anyone to judge anything? " is not only productive, but rather profound.

Phrost
08-27-2002, 07:31 PM
Admins, useres whatever, the main theme remains there, Bash all traditional martial arts, and promote MMA's as the sun, stars and moon of fighting.

No, as I've said to the point of it being a mantra:

The main theme of the site is to expose, discuss, and take action against fraud in the Martial Arts.

The Admins do not promote the use of the forums for anything else, so holding us responsible for the actions of everyone that posts on the website is not just silly, but asinine.

The site is designed to represent the viewpoints of the community. The community rates the articles, links, and downloads, and the community decides what is McDojo, and what is not.

It's not a tough concept to grasp, but you refuse, much like the "MMA trolls" to which you take exception, to try and see anything but what you've already decided is absolute (if not irrational) fact in your own mind.

And that shows your character.

Now I've made the offer to apologize and take action if you can provide me specific details of any instance where my team has prevented Traditional Martial Artists from expressing their points of view.

You can either qualify your complaints with the way we run the website, or you can show some honor and integrity, and admit that you were incorrect to judge us in such a manner as you have.

Rorny Gracie
08-27-2002, 07:50 PM
He even has Anti Mcdojo.com threads at his forum.

Why is that Royal Dragon?
Why so much hate?

Sorry Im a snoop!:p

Royal Dragon
08-27-2002, 08:00 PM
You can either qualify your complaints with the way we run the website, or you can show some honor and integrity, and admit that you were incorrect to judge us in such a manner as you have.

Reply]
Nope, that site is exactly what I said it was. Admins, users who cares, that is the theme of your site. Maybe you should read some posts by some of your users.

See Frosty, you guys allow the trash that gets posted there, so in effect you are responsible for it.

If you don't like the tone of your forum, make some rules, and follow them, delete offensive posts, lock them, or ban users. Maybe create a special "War Zone" forum at the bottom of your pages that you can send all the trouble makers too (Like the Dungeon forum on my site)

However if you like the childish adolescant theme you have going, by all means continue to attempt to convince us you are trying to perform a public service by Identifying Mc Dojo's, and I will see the rampant style bashing going on at your site, and I will laugh at you!!:p

Phrost
08-27-2002, 08:16 PM
If you don't like the tone of your forum, make some rules, and follow them, delete offensive posts, lock them, or ban users. Maybe create a special "War Zone" forum at the bottom of your pages that you can send all the trouble makers too (Like the Dungeon forum on my site)

I'm really starting to lose respect for you as I read your replies more and more.

Initially I had thought you were sincere, but now it appears that you've got some sort of agenda, and that's unfortunate.

All "Flame Threads" "trolls" and the like are now being regularly moved from the main discussion forum to the Off-Topic forum.

However, actions like this do not seem like they would be enough for you, until we start censoring ANY opinions you personally disagree with, and we're not about to do anything of the sort.

Any member of McDojo's has just as much right to post "Kung Fu is garbage because of "X", as you do to post "MMA is garbage because of 'Y'".

Does this inhibit rational discussion? Not by any means. As a matter of fact, it stirs discussion. If nobody questioned any of the claims made by Martial Artists, then we'd see five times as much fantasy being presented to the public as we do now, and the level of fantasy in the Martial Arts at the moment is pretty bad.

Perhaps this is what you've taken exception to all along; the idea that there is now a website that casts doubt on the fantasy you' may have been clinging to.

But I do not know you by anything other than your posts, so I can only suppose that this is the case.

Every time I've offered to engage in a rational discussion with you about your complaints, you've resorted to responding with what is no more than a statement to the effect that "Everyone at McDojo's is out to get TMA", and that, sir, is pure, unadulterated bull$hit.

Ryu
08-27-2002, 09:34 PM
RD,
it was just a joke. :D

In order to judge something you must have a lot of knowledge, understanding, and education of whatever it is you're judging, plus the knowledge and understanding of those things that relate, dispute, or argue whatever it is you're judging.

But other than that I was just being "cute" :D

Ryu

SifuAbel
08-27-2002, 11:45 PM
".........nor will I tolerate it. " :rolleyes:

Oh get over yourself. What are you going to do, arrest me? paaaaleeze.

Its all well and good to have the official rhetoric that your site is about exposing fraud. But, time tells the truth and you have been just as bad as Peedee and others on that board. The only admin with a bit of sense is I choke you. You sir are the KING of trolls. There are few here that think otherwise that have actually been over there.

Why should we bother to go over to your site at all? To clean it up? To argue with kids and muscle heads? Don't we already have enough of that here?

To expose who? Whom have you actually exposed that didn't already have a bad rep? And, so what, you aren't going to put that person or school out of business just by whining over it in some obscure website.

RD 's first post after my last one said it all.

" Why should we bother trying to defend the Traditional arts, when the mission of your users is clear: Bash TMA's as much as possible, no matter what it is and what evidence is presented, no matter what, and hold MMA up as the all illuminating star of ultimate combat.

Your site is NOT about finding frauds, it's about lableing EVRERYTHING except MMA's (UFC, Pride etc )as fraudulant, sub standard, out dated , foolish, stupid and worthless.

Anything will be conjured up as evedance, reguardles of truth or reality. If there is no substance for the MMA is superior and all else is worthless, proof and fallacies are fabricated.

You site is nothing more than a delusional fantasy land for your cronies to play in.

MMA's have been comming off like this for a long time. And they wonder why Traditionalists don't want to play with them or compete in thier tournaments. Why go fight in an MMA tournament, only to be the picture child for how bad Kung Fu is if you loose, when about 2/3s of ALL those that enter loose.

The sad part is all those 2/3's are MMA's. No one says anything about how bad the MMAs are though, because the guys at the top are MMA's (Go figure ).

Kristoffer
08-28-2002, 04:53 AM
I feel this argument is going nowhere.. behave.. or I'll troll ya ass

Kristoffer
08-28-2002, 04:54 AM
:p

Royal Dragon
08-28-2002, 05:20 AM
I'm really starting to lose respect for you as I read your replies more and more.

reply]
Feeling's been mutual for awile.

>>Initially I had thought you were sincere, but now it appears that you've got some sort of agenda, and that's unfortunate.

reply]
no, no agenda, just stating the ovbious.

>>All "Flame Threads" "trolls" and the like are now being regularly moved from the main discussion forum to the Off-Topic forum.

reply]
Well, that's one step in the right direction. I do the same thing on my forum. My "War zone" thread get moved to the Dungeon. Although, most of those are chung moo Quan c]base, and they are debates all being held by those who have really experianced that school of thought, so there are really no uneducated opinions. where as on your site, mosy of what I have seen critical of Traditional arts is not only uneducated, but complete fabricated fantasy.

>>However, actions like this do not seem like they would be enough for you, until we start censoring ANY opinions you personally disagree with, and we're not about to do anything of the sort.

Reply]
LOL, you have people that have absolutly NO clue as to what the are talking about and they are acting like experts in the field.

No, I'm asking you to censor anything, I'm saying there is no reason for me or many other Tradtitionalists to go and argue with a bunch of morons who are so stuborn that they are not willing to let go of their fantasies and listen to those who have actually be there and done it.

>>Any member of McDojo's has just as much right to post "Kung Fu is garbage because of "X", as you do to post "MMA is garbage because of 'Y'".

Reply]
See, this is what I mean about you. it's all about fansasy garbage. I have nevermet a traditianlist who bashes MMA's. Maybe point out that it's not a real fight and state why they feel that way, but I have never seen anyone actually bash it the way MMA's bash us. Also, I myself don't "Bash" MMA's. I will defend traditional methods to the fullest, but I don't need to "Bash" anyone to do it, unlike a large percentage of your forum.

>>Does this inhibit rational discussion? Not by any means. As a matter of fact, it stirs discussion. If nobody questioned any of the claims made by Martial Artists, then we'd see five times as much fantasy being presented to the public as we do now, and the level of fantasy in the Martial Arts at the moment is pretty bad.
Reply]
There is nothing wrong with questioning, but when an expert in the field gets on your site to set the members straight about mass delusions they have, they get linched. There is not a whole lot of "Rational" discussion. It's mostly BAsh what we donot uderstan and hold the MMA's up as the holy grail mentality.

>>>Perhaps this is what you've taken exception to all along; the idea that there is now a website that casts doubt on the fantasy you' may have been clinging to.

Reply]
See, there it is again, comming direct from YOU. You have no idea who I am, or what my experiances are, yet ther you go cataloging me and asuuming I have delusional fantasies about what I do with no proof or evedance what so ever. I have news for you Frosty, i have done considerable research over the years to discover what traditial Kung u really is, as well as testing an anylisng my skills for the purpose of eliminating non functional material (A VERY traditinal persuit by the way). I cling to what has actually WORKED for me, and I know to be sound. The above statment suports my postion that you just have no clue.

>>But I do not know you by anything other than your posts, so I can only suppose that this is the case.

How, what delusions have I Clung too? Stance training? that is no delusion, it's a time tested PROVEN traditional trainig method, and I have plenty of personal experiance that proves the legitamacy of it.

>>Every time I've offered to engage in a rational discussion with you about your complaints, you've resorted to responding with what is no more than a statement to the effect that "Everyone at McDojo's is out to get TMA", and that, sir, is pure, unadulterated bull$hit.

Reply]
Sorry guy, just read your forum a bit more, the "Bash TMA's and hold MMA on high" is the overlaying and prevailing theme there. You want Traditionalist on your forum?? I got news for you, most of us have no intrest in fighting and arguing with the delusional knuckle heads that populate your forum. Especially when we can simply come here to KFM and converse with people who actually KNOW what they are talking about.

Phrost
08-28-2002, 01:24 PM
Sorry guy, just read your forum a bit more, the "Bash TMA's and hold MMA on high" is the overlaying and prevailing theme there. You want Traditionalist on your forum?? I got news for you, most of us have no intrest in fighting and arguing with the delusional knuckle heads that populate your forum. Especially when we can simply come here to KFM and converse with people who actually KNOW what they are talking about.

Your insistance that this is so, does not make it so, it just reflects your general ignorance of the situation and refusal to see anything other than the reality you've chosen to see.

I assume, by your comments, that you are now the chosen voice of the CMA community. At least that's what you're implying by saying "Most of us have no interest..."

That's funny, because I'm a member of the CMA community. Like it or not.

Yes, you can come here and discuss your thoughs with little fear of any outside perspectives to deal with. You can reinforce your beliefs by discussing them with others of the same persuasion. You do not have to deal with any challenges to your ideas, nor do you have to justify your conclusions to anyone that might cast doubt on them.

Are you sure we're talking about Martial Arts, and not religion?

You're sure acting like some pentacostal people I once knew.

Don't complain about people refusing to open their minds to something when you refuse to do the same.

SifuAbel
08-28-2002, 03:50 PM
"Yes, you can come here and discuss your thoughs with little fear of any outside perspectives to deal with. You can reinforce your beliefs by discussing them with others of the same persuasion."

ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR COTTON PICKIN' MIND!!

It is soooo obvious you haven't been around here much.

Kung fu people have ALWAYS been on the defensive here.

You need not worry your pretty little bald head about that , sonny.

But enough of this, would someone please repost the TCMA bashing posts Phosted made not a couple of months ago. Some people have short memories, but I don't.

Phrost
08-28-2002, 07:15 PM
Seafood,

RD implied that he didn't have to deal with any people who "didn't know what they were talking about" over here.

Thanks for chopping down his argument on that point and saving me the work of doing it myself.

Quid Pro Quo, Clarise. You bash MMA, I respond with bashing TMA. Was it right? Nope, and I'm pretty sure I apologized to the forum for falling into a pointless flame war.

SifuAbel
08-28-2002, 08:27 PM
Oh, so mature. You are what you eat, you big turd.

So which are you then? MMA, TMA, AMA , Narcanon, what?

You are a troll pure and simple. You come off with one face and then show another.

Two faced . :mad: :)

I've yet to hear anything from you that isn't about going over to your site. That isn't an opinion, thats spam. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Badger
08-29-2002, 07:14 AM
Phrosty the Trollman

Was a jolly, happy troll...:p :p :p

Le nOObi
08-29-2002, 07:34 AM
Mcdojo.com is a stupid idea! Im met a karate guy yesterday who thought a double leg takedown could easily be stopped with a front kick. To him wrestling takedowns are mcdojo like. People are always going to consider methods useless that they dont understand.

Phrost
08-29-2002, 08:11 AM
...doo be doo doop doop doop doo..

Catchy tune Badger. :D

Originally posted by Le nOObi
Mcdojo.com is a stupid idea! Im met a karate guy yesterday who thought a double leg takedown could easily be stopped with a front kick. To him wrestling takedowns are mcdojo like. People are always going to consider methods useless that they dont understand.

Yes, and the thousands and thousands of people that pour money into McDojos across the country aren't being ripped off either!

I once met a Karate guy that could do a quadruple back flip spin ninja Goku kick, and he told me that Chi attacks really work as long as you say "Ka-me-ha-me-ha" and dye your spiked hair blonde!

Dumba$$.

So you mean to tell me, Seafood Abel and crew, that there are no schools in the world that rip off students by teaching them useless techniques while convincing them they'll be able to defend themselves?

You mean to tell me that there are no instructors out there that sign students to ridiculous contracts, charge excessive testing fees to advance in rank, or hand out black belts to 6 year olds?

...That point sparring, kata, and breaking boards trains you to be an effective fighter, and should be taught to women and children who need to know how to protect themselves from larger persons?

****, I guess I've been wrong all along. So I can really be a Ninja and do all those things in the movies!? SWEEET!

You mean I've been wasting all my time with weight training, punching bags, cardio, mitt drills, and full contact sparring, when I could have just signed up for Jack Johnson's Karate Express #43 down the street at the strip mall, and within 18 months be a certified (by my new black belt) bada$$!?

Crap man, I'm all over that. To heck with practical training, I'ma go smoke me some crack, and break me some boards!

Yessir, all I need is a black belt!

Oh... wait. I live in REALITY.

You know, it would have been so much fun to pretend.

Oh well. Guess I'll get back to exposing the frauds that actually believe that stuff for real.

Badger
08-29-2002, 08:23 AM
Humptey Hump Hump Humptey Hump Hump

Look at Phrosty Troll

Humptey Hump Hump Humptey Hump Hump

A Jock-ridin' he will Go!!!!:D

Phrost
08-29-2002, 08:31 AM
There must have been some magic in those grappling gloves he found,
Cause when he started throwing bombs, all the haters hit the ground!

Phrosty the Troll man
Had to hurry on his way
Sayin' don't you cry
Kiss my brown-eye
And I'll be back again some day!

Thumpity thump thump
Thumpity thump thump
Look at Phrosty go!

Thumpity thump thump
Thumpity thump thump
Smacking you like a ho!

Badger
08-29-2002, 09:00 AM
That's good man...;)

How bout a bacon sammich?

Badger

Le nOObi
08-29-2002, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by Phrost

[snip]

Yes, and the thousands and thousands of people that pour money into McDojos across the country aren't being ripped off either!

I once met a Karate guy that could do a quadruple back flip spin ninja Goku kick, and he told me that Chi attacks really work as long as you say "Ka-me-ha-me-ha" and dye your spiked hair blonde!

Dumba$$.

Uh WTF??? This is in response to me saying

"Mcdojo.com is a stupid idea! Im met a karate guy yesterday who thought a double leg takedown could easily be stopped with a front kick. To him wrestling takedowns are mcdojo like. People are always going to consider methods useless that they dont understand."

Maybe you didnt read my post. What i was trying to say is that as a martial artist you cant be objective when it comes to martial arts. Maybe i shouldnt have said that mcdojo.com was a stupid idea for saying that i appologise.

However it seems doubtful you read my post. Please read it again. I wasnt saying the karate guy had mystical powers or something i was saying he had unrealistic ideas about wrestling takedowns and thought they sucked and were mcdojo like which they are not.

And another thing if you think your changing the minds of people about what is and what isnt a mcdojo your wrong mcdojo people are usually thoroughly brainwashed and wont be convinced of anything with 30 second video clips. That is if they even go to your website.

Phrost
08-29-2002, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by Badger
That's good man...;)

How bout a bacon sammich?

Badger

mmmmm...

Phrost
08-29-2002, 10:25 AM

Uh WTF??? This is in response to me saying

"Mcdojo.com is a stupid idea! Im met a karate guy yesterday who thought a double leg takedown could easily be stopped with a front kick. To him wrestling takedowns are mcdojo like. People are always going to consider methods useless that they dont understand."

Maybe you didnt read my post. What i was trying to say is that as a martial artist you cant be objective when it comes to martial arts. Maybe i shouldnt have said that mcdojo.com was a stupid idea for saying that i appologise.

Don't sweat it. I don't take anything said on a web forum personally.

McDojo.com is a great idea, IMO. It's just not exactly where we'd like it to be right now as far as userbase and discussions go.

However it seems doubtful you read my post. Please read it again. I wasnt saying the karate guy had mystical powers or something i was saying he had unrealistic ideas about wrestling takedowns and thought they sucked and were mcdojo like which they are not.

I did read your post, and I did understand what you meant. In a way, I was agreeing with you. But mostly, I was just falling into old habits of being a smartass at the earliest opportunity.

Sorry about that.

And another thing if you think your changing the minds of people about what is and what isnt a mcdojo your wrong mcdojo people are usually thoroughly brainwashed and wont be convinced of anything with 30 second video clips. That is if they even go to your website.

Drop a rock in the center of a lake and eventually the ripples will make it to the shore.

We're trying to drop a big f*cking rock into that lake, so hopefully it'll have some effect.

Of course, if we have more people that want to make a difference and help raise the standards for martial arts in the US, the concept will go a lot further.

Le nOObi
08-29-2002, 11:54 AM
Yeah actually mcdojo.com does have alot of potential i think i was a little to quick to judge?

SevenStar
08-29-2002, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by Phrost
There must have been some magic in those grappling gloves he found,
Cause when he started throwing bombs, all the haters hit the ground!

Thanks for giving me a new sig, man!

Royal Dragon
08-29-2002, 04:15 PM
I'll have faith in your site when I stop seeing so many of your users consistantly bashing Traditional arts, and concentraight on those who are not teaching them properly as individuals.

An entire style is NOT a Mc Dojo, traditional or otherwise. Only bad money grubby teachers that prostitue the art, and fail miserably to correctly teach it are Mc Dojo's (Well, their schools anyway).

The constant attacks on Traditional martial arts by those who CLEARLY have no experiance with them individually or as a whole is what is wrong with your site.

SifuAbel
08-29-2002, 04:29 PM
Mcdojo would be a good idea if somebody OTHER than phrost was at it.

Post after post its about who is louder, not who is right.

Talk about an exercise in futility, stating the obvious.

Mcdojos this and Mc blah blah that, like we've never heard of this before.

All the while making absurd comments like the dragon ballz quotes as if that is what we are all about. Grow up! Clueless to the end.
You ask us to make intelligent conversation with you yet you respond with stupid aberations about style. I would say you have the mind of a 16 year old but I don't want to insult teenagers that have more brains than you.

You never answer my questions either.
What difference does it really make to have an obscure website about trash talking TMA? How are you going to put the real Mcdojos out of business with a crybaby website?

Notice also the above contains no cursing, no style remarks,valid questions (that you avoid anyway); and something you will never have, class.

Seefood can kill too.

Phrost
08-30-2002, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by SifuAbel
You never answer my questions either.
What difference does it really make to have an obscure website about trash talking TMA?

I wouldn't say we're that obscure. If you could see the site logs, you'd probably realize that we're getting traffic from just about everywhere, including sites that have little to do with martial arts.

How are you going to put the real Mcdojos out of business with a crybaby website?

Our goal isn't to put anyone out of business, it's to raise the community standards and educate people so they don't get taken by McDojos.

Here's an analogy:

Before the Better Business Bureau, the options a defrauded consumer had were limited. Once the organization took root, however, businesses actually started to respond to consumer complaints because if they didn't, they knew there was a source that the public could go to and find out that there were complaints against them.

That's the model we're trying to losely adopt. Ultimately, I'd love to see the day where people go to McDojo.com to check out a particular school and read user's comments on it. The users will decide if it's a McDojo, or legit school. If you've been to the links section, you'd notice there are sections for all martial arts in both categories, with listings in both.

We're trying to grow the database, but it's not something I can do because I want to stay impartial. So I rely on the users to submit the links to the categories they feel appropriate. Whenever they get a rating that deserves they change status from McDojo to Legit, or vice versa, then we will update the category the link is put in.

Doing this, I feel, will encourage people to teach martial arts with some integrity. It's really a positive, results-oriented way of doing things, and if I didn't believe it was a benefit to the MA community, I wouldn't be over here defending it so much.

Notice also the above contains no cursing, no style remarks,valid questions (that you avoid anyway); and something you will never have, class.

Seefood can kill too.

I think I've demonstrated plenty of class in my posts here, and I'm sure others would agree. To me, there are no such things as "bad" words, however, it's a fallacy. So I chose to use them for emphasis to make a point, as opposed to littering my thoughts with useless crude language, which you seem to be trying to imply that I am doing.

Are your questions answered now?

Merryprankster
08-30-2002, 07:59 AM
Royal, he's not responsible for style bashing, and loose moderation appears to be SOP on his board. Beats the Cyberkwoon Nazis.

Go there, read what you like and don't read what you don't like--or engage people and educate.

I've learned a ton here.