PDA

View Full Version : Pak Mei Dinner in Sydney

fiercest tiger
08-26-2002, 05:24 PM
OK! For Yum cha and Cannon fist Shaolin master, and anyone else that would like to participate... there is a pak mei dinner on this Saturday night (31st) at Parramatta Tingha Palace (in Sydney) on Church St around 7pm . you dont have to be pak mei to come, just be interested in talking kung fu.

i dont know the price... pay for what you eat or it could be a buffet for a fixed price. Im just starting the ball rolling, so far myself and sifu Andy Troung of Wah Nam are attending. It may be just him and myself at the end....lol :) You can email me on yaukungmun@hotmail.com or by phone 0414 563 886.

hope you can make it!

Lau
08-26-2002, 11:50 PM
For sure I cannot make it, It's just a bit too far away...

But it is good to see the Pak Mei community come together. Working together will ensure that the maximum will be done to keep the art alive. Good luck and have a nice dinner!

Regards, Lau

Yum Cha
08-27-2002, 12:46 AM
See you there.

Bolt
08-27-2002, 11:18 AM
With much regret - just can't make it. Truely would like to attend but .. 1) When *I* see Emerald City, it refers to Oz, and ; 2) When I see Oz it refers to "Wizard of", meaning .... Kansas, so ; 3) As much as I want to attend it's just a bit too long of a drive ..... and I don't quite think I could manage that little stint under the water too well.
Seriously though, wish I could make it. Perhaps someday I can skip over the pond for a visit. And it is great to see you folks all get together!

Enjoy, and raise one for those of us that can't get there.

Yum Cha
08-27-2002, 05:59 PM
No worries mate, I'll pick you up in my Tornado....

...and you're little dog Toto too!

Shaolin Master
08-28-2002, 09:05 PM
It would be a wonderful occassion unfortunately I am now in Beijing and do not intend to return ....but I would love to do that in Yr 2003 when I drop back to Sydney.......soon to head south.....in a few days to central china.

cheers,

fiercest tiger
08-29-2002, 08:46 PM
You alreay there! :) Any kung fu training yet?

have fun and be careful!

FT:cool:

Ego_Extrodinaire
08-30-2002, 06:08 AM
Fiercetiger: don't you know putting people together of different kung fu styles at a dining table is like smoking while filling your car? It is so dangerous I hope the restaurant has sufficient insurence cover for extensive damage caused by chi based weapons. The radioactive residue of chi based emmisions could conteminate the site for millions of years - all because of a dinner invitation. Fiercetiger, is it worth it?

Bolt
08-30-2002, 08:58 AM
... are you kidding ? Judging from the names I see here (albeit, my knowledge of these people is limited to "knowing them" from message forum boards, BUT) there would be nothing but respect and positive interactions here. I only wish I could join in an evening with these people of character and intelligience while sharing in their martial spirit and experiences.

Yum Cha
09-01-2002, 09:14 PM
It was indeed a good night in honour of Great Grand Master Cheung Lai Cheun.

I wonder how things went in Hong Kong, anybody heard anything?

fiercest tiger
09-01-2002, 10:05 PM
1st pic...
This is the people who attended, we all had a great time - no arguing!

We will be organinsing a bigger dinner next time. Ill keep you posted.

Yum Cha - you had to be different in the photo didnt you? :)

baaaaak meeeeiii

fiercest tiger
09-01-2002, 10:07 PM
The five grandmasters of baaaak meeeii... lol

Serpent
09-01-2002, 11:01 PM
Do you guys always salute with right palm and left fist?

Looks like a great meeting, good for you all.

fiercest tiger
09-02-2002, 04:33 PM
Hi,

Yes, although i have seen a chi kung Dr. here in oz do the opposite way.

FT:)

Serpent
09-02-2002, 06:25 PM
How strange! ;)

Shaolin Master
09-02-2002, 07:57 PM
Yes, here already : Seems like you had fun.....but why was Chau or Leung Sifu not there :)...... I would not have minded to attend.

China is extremely hot right now.....urgh...... I have had many banquets with crazy local delicacies....very dirty though....We are very lucky back in Aussie (blue skies, endless water, clean food, lush living) but the chinese have their own benefits and I think it is a nation with forward planning.......it is improving daily.

Training, well I swapped DaojiLongMen sword methods and discussions with a teacher in Beijing Huang Zheng Chun, who is a practitioner of San Huang Pao Chui ( I am not sure if you heard of it in the west but it is popular in Beijing) .

Now in Nanchang for a while **** difficult I mean I know canto,mando,taejiu a little but everywhere I go the dialects differ. It is so funny, but a lovely experience.

I don't have continuous access to the net but I will try and post as I go.

Cheers to all, and I hope to make it to the next BMCLC dinner.

Chan Long

Bolt
09-03-2002, 11:59 AM
Glad to hear your dinner went well. Just for grins, how about id'ing the folks in the pics.... and I can guess which Yum Cha is.

:D

fiercest tiger
09-03-2002, 03:02 PM
starting from the left sifu Andy (Wahnam), Sifu Matthew (Guangzhou Pak Meiiiiii), Sifu Adrian (Yau Kung Mun), Sifu Garry (Yau Kung Mun), Kevin aka Cannon fist (Vietnamese Pak Mei)

These are the five original elders....lol:)

It was a good dinner it was great to see everyone and my sihing.

later
Garry:)

Sui
09-03-2002, 06:34 PM
hi,f.t, is sifu mathew=yum cha???hahahahaha

if it is,you look different,why the en-garde?not relaxed?what, you must be hiding something and f.t looks ready to pounce on your a$$.

p.s who made you a si-fu your teacher or your students?:D

**** i wish i was there i could loosen you up pal.lol

Yum Cha
09-03-2002, 07:59 PM
Sifu Matthew? Garry, you are very kind, but perhaps too complimentary. Di si hing is what my Si Di call me. I like Uncle too...

Sui! How are you. Did you make it to HK? Yes, I was very nervous being there will all those talented individuals. Between those 5 guys there was nearly 100 years of training.

Ft wasn't after me, it was my Prawn fritter he had his eyes on <grin>. Look at my left hand.

Perhaps next time you'll join us?

Yum Cha
09-03-2002, 08:09 PM
Sifu Matthew? Garry, you are very kind, but perhaps too complimentary. Di si hing is what my Si Di call me. I like Uncle too...

Sui! How are you. Did you make it to HK? Yes, I was very nervous being there will all those talented individuals. Between those 5 guys there was nearly 100 years of training.

Ft wasn't after me, it was my Prawn fritter he had his eyes on <grin>. Look at my left hand.

Perhaps next time you'll join us?

fiercest tiger
09-03-2002, 09:52 PM
whats going on man, u missed out! I wish you could have made it or where you in honkers fighting pak mei student?

who one? I bet you didnt go.

maybe next time you can come ill invite you as we will be all doing demos, lol you there or what.:)

yummy,

ok, i gave you respect i get none..lol those prawn cuttlets where pretty nasty, i did shrimp step and tiger step to beat it! lol

later guys
FT

GOOD to see you back sui!:)

:D

Yum Cha
09-04-2002, 12:48 AM
<laughing> I enjoyed the Baby Seal soup with Tiger Bone and Panda ****** the best....

Tell you what, I got respect for Kyle, doing 100 patterns a day. You checking on him, making sure he doesn't quit a 98?

We got to find a place with a private room for next time....

fiercest tiger
09-04-2002, 05:47 AM
He did 100 of sup jee kuen 50 with rings and 50 without with 4 -5 hrs!:)

sek sze is a little harder.lol 15 with rings and 15 without in 2 hrs and couldnt breathe afterwards.

You doing lion dance this sunday? I'll be down the city.:)

catch then
FT

Yum Cha
09-04-2002, 07:12 PM
Yes, we'll be doing Chinatown on Sunday, sorta 11 to 4:30 ish.

I noticed Kyle was looking a bit leaner and a bit meaner.

triskellin
09-04-2002, 07:51 PM
hi yummy, what's this lion dance on sunday for? will there be any kung fu demoes? maybe my sihing and i will drop by later in the arvo if there is, thanks. :)

Yum Cha
09-04-2002, 09:06 PM
Opening weekend of the August Moon Festival.

I think the actual day is 22nd. You can always tell the real festival day, that's when the YKM team is on the street <nudge, nudge, wink, wink>.

We're putting a bunch of new guys on the street this time, it will be interesting....

fiercest tiger
09-04-2002, 09:11 PM
I would like to meet you some day, also is it possible to come and visit the dragon school to show my student as he is from the u.s.a and would like to see alot of different and similar styles?

Just to meet up no big deal!:)

FT:)

Yum Cha
09-04-2002, 09:34 PM
Yep Trisk, play your cards right and you might even get an invite to the next dinner! LOL

meltdawn
09-05-2002, 05:47 AM
Looks like it was a good time! Except you are missing some beverages. Or do they only make Foster's over there? Then I can see why no one was drinking. :D

So Garry, are you still coming to WFH tourney at the end of this month? Bringing any students? Are they competing?

fiercest tiger
09-05-2002, 03:33 PM
Hello,

I'll be in oz as the august moon festival for ykm is on the 22nd which is our day for lion dance in chinatown as well on the 21st at hurstville. we are booked out all weekend. lol hope it isnt hot again this year!
As for the september trip i doubt i will be there this year as finacial problems holding me back.:( As for the students entering i dont want them to go in this year, maybe next year to fight and demonstrate.:)

Only the Yobbo's drink forster Larger, we drink Heiniken and other imports, well depends on cash and where you drink too. I didnt drink incase i was going to get jumped by yum cha..lol and the wahnam posse. You know what the bak mei pai clan are like? :D

later
FT:D

Dan
10-08-2002, 02:31 AM
invite another style to the same restaurant, that way the bai mei brothers will be forced to take the same side?

BIU JI
10-08-2002, 07:33 AM
Dan Dan Dan, what style would you be suggesting now?! Who would be a worthy opponent?

Dan
10-09-2002, 02:02 AM
is this a trick question? coz i can only think of one answer..

...bring em all on!!!

*cough*

*Dan runs away into the distance

BIU JI
10-09-2002, 05:53 AM
Now there is a safe answer lol !:D