PDA

View Full Version : Q&A article on pressure points-interested?

Former castleva
08-27-2002, 08:59 AM
This is from Erle Montaigue´s site.
http://www.taichiworld.net/Articles/DM.html

Pretty good article.
Possibly clears up some misunderstanding.

Repulsive Monkey
08-27-2002, 09:51 AM
Some people I have known have always thought my ideas about about Dian Xue / Dim Mak were esoterical, but I study internal arts and Chinese Medicine and this article has very well explained what I have been explaining to others for ages. Some points you will get verified by Western Doctors for their geographical frailty in the body. However one has to study Chinese Medicine to get an undertsanding of the the other points which disrupt Qi. Once you understand Chinese Medicine you can understand Dian Xue, which is why historically speaking most Martial artisits were also Doctors of Chinese Medicine too.

Former castleva
08-27-2002, 12:51 PM
So you would say this is a worthy article?
That´s good to hear.

"historically speaking most Martial artisits were also Doctors of Chinese Medicine too"
That´s a point.
I found an interesting site today which deals with curing depression (don´t never,ever become obsessed with this disease,please) with acupressure,it had some examples which show how healing and harming mix.

They had yintang point (third eye)-extra meridian:
stimulate it for curing depression.
Then they had "hundred meeting point" (baihui,if I remember correctly) as another depression release point,then they had a number of others.
Of course they did not note it,but both points would do antihealing-like wonders to on opponent who would be struck with a palm slap.
So this is kind of an example about how martial/healing mix.
This I bet,is probably not that new for you,RepulsiveMonkey.
Just wanted to dig this one up for the show.

TaoBoy
08-27-2002, 04:37 PM
I would recommend anyone studying martial arts also learn about meridian theory. I am currently studying Traditional Chinese Medicine and it is an amazing compliment to my kung fu training. The theories of each are complimentary.

I still haven't learned the touch of death - but I'm sure I'll learn it soon. MWAHAHAHA!! :D

Thanks for the post.