PDA

View Full Version : Bear Abuse

wufupaul
08-27-2002, 11:19 AM
www.BaylorBearAbuse.com

Anyone wanna go bust out some bears with me? I honestly had no idea that this university had bears on their campus and that they lived in such miserable conditions. This university is about 1 1/2 hours away from me. It's sad. Contact them and let them know what you think about it, too. :(

The Willow Sword
08-27-2002, 12:03 PM
I despise animal cruelty. i watched the video and was appauled.
and i also read the statements by Baylor university.

Bears in captivity will go bonkers in a matter of days if not properly tended to,,,they need a special diet as well as companionship.

its not suprising that they would reply in the manner that they did. the texas Longhorn mascot is taken better care of.

i am not for these animal rights groups because i have been in them and the majority of them are very stupid and just want to talk and talk and not produce any action. (its a looong story but trust me on this one).

Maybe contacting the caretakers at the San Diego zoo or Busch Gardens in Fla. would be a good thing to do. if these dumba$$es at the university dont know what they are doing, then advice from the real guys could help them to better take care of thier mascot.

MRTWS

KC Elbows
08-27-2002, 12:14 PM
So their mascot is a feral man hating bear? Weird school.

GreyMystik
08-27-2002, 12:21 PM
"By then we had come to the conclusion that Baylor University was a stuck-up, self-centered bunch..."

that about sums it up... i would know, i've had several family members attend that school.

Former castleva
08-27-2002, 12:39 PM
That sucks.
Good thing we still have sites like sharkonline telling about it though.
I remember reading one very bear related site about similar incidents and it said that there are about a thousand of bears are put down in zooīs in a year.
That was the time when I first got interested in bears,they are close relatives of hamsters anyway,as some say but thatīs another story.
One thing in animals-getting-treated-bad issue is dogs,there are countless dogs and a huge amount of dogs which find their way to temporary care taking homes are put down constantly.
Of course,dogs are a different issue in a way,there are so many and we take them for granted,but thatīs it.

Kristoffer
08-28-2002, 04:23 AM
Hate animal cruility!! :( I say we BURN them :mad:

Rorny Gracie
08-28-2002, 06:11 AM
Hate animal cruility!! I say we BURN them

Well I say stop sidekicking the fooking cow!

Hyuk! Hyuk! :p

Chang Style Novice
08-28-2002, 09:11 AM
Isn't Baylor run by Southern Baptist fundies? Good luck using reason, logic, and compassion to deal with those guys...

Former castleva
08-28-2002, 11:04 AM
Sick bears can also become angry...bet they would like to have their kidnappers pop out and stroke them.
:(