PDA

View Full Version : Stepping down

Sihing73
08-27-2002, 06:31 PM
Hello Everyone,

I would like to first thank everyone here for the kindness shown to me over the last year or so. I have enjoyed being here on this forum and learned much. I would like to think that I have made some friends along the way as well. While several of us may not always agree I respect your opinions and your right to have them.

You may have noticed that I have not been posting much over the last several months. I also find that I am unable to devote the time to moderating this forum in the manner deserved. With this in mind, and the fact of having many things going on in my personal life, starting a school etc, I have decided to step down from moderating.

I have been in contact with Gene and requested to be removed from being a moderator. I will still post here from time to time but I have decided to step back and spend more time with my family.

I wish everyone the very best and would encourage everyone to step outside the box, the limitations of lineage and politics, and to explore the art to its fullest. This forum is one of the better ones on the net, not due to any of my efforts but due to the ones who make it up. You guys, make this forum what it is. I would encourage you to continue building it up and to put aside petty differences.

I will still be around and anyone wishing to can always feel free to e-mail me. Should any of you ever be in Philly feel free to drop by for a visit. This will be my last post as a moderator.

Peace,

Dave
sihing73@juno.com

anerlich
08-27-2002, 06:36 PM
S73,

good job. Best wishes for your real world affairs.

old jong
08-27-2002, 06:45 PM
You did a good job moderating without a power trip.I think everybody can appreciate this fact.
I'm looking forward for your next post as a simple list member. ;)
Now do your best to not get banned! :D

kungfu cowboy
08-27-2002, 06:59 PM
Moderating-smoderating! I don't blame you-I hear the pay is bad and the benefits lousy. Just be sure to pop in from time to time!:)

cobra
08-27-2002, 07:41 PM
Thanks for taking moderating seriously and trying to make a difference.

John Weiland
08-27-2002, 09:10 PM
Hi Dave,

You've done the forum a real service. Sorry to hear that you are stepping down. Good luck on maintaining balance in your life.

All the best,

John Weiland

yuanfen
08-27-2002, 10:03 PM
Good luck to you Dave.
Best wishes, Joy

Rolling_Hand
08-27-2002, 10:15 PM
Dave's going to move left and right at the same time.

Where is Dave's centerline?

Is Dave really trying to fool us with his Chi-sau?

humm....

Mithrandir
08-28-2002, 12:03 AM
Dave,

Thanks for taking the time to keep us in line.:) Good luck in your endeavors. I look forward to hearing from you in the future.

mun hung
08-28-2002, 01:51 AM
Good for you! Moderating and trying to keep all the animals happy must've been an unrewarding job. I'm surprised you were able to keep up with it for so long - almost two years. You did a great job. My hat is off to you. Maybe I'll see you at the tourney. Take care.

Martial Joe
08-28-2002, 03:03 AM
:( Goodbye.

Martial Joe
08-28-2002, 03:04 AM
Not to mess up the moment. But do you think I could take your place?

Merryprankster
08-28-2002, 03:18 AM
I move that YuanFen and Red5Angel be nominated as replacements.

Is there a second? :D

Martial Joe
08-28-2002, 03:20 AM
Yeah. I like what they talk about. Red has stood out to me the most on this forum since whipping hand.

Frank Exchange
08-28-2002, 03:57 AM
Sorry to hear you are stepping down. I appreciated your even handedness, and attempts to maintain the peace.

Best wishes

Frank

kj
08-28-2002, 04:03 AM
Dave,

Kudos to you for doing such a great job in moderating this forum. You'll be missed.

I understand what an often thankless task it can be, and admire your fortitude and generosity in stepping up to it for so long. IMHO, you've done a great service for the forum and its members, and set an excellent example of mature, civil, and gentlemanly conduct along the way. Not to mention great patience. :)

Best wishes in all your endeavors, including the new school.

Warm regards,
- Kathy Jo

kungfu cowboy
08-28-2002, 05:19 AM
Dave. Is there any truth to the rumor that you are the bass player for REO Speedwagon, and you had to give up your moderating post because you guys are going out on tour again?

BeiKongHui
08-28-2002, 05:53 AM
Thanks for taking time out of your life to attempt to bring some sanity to this group of crazy WCK'ers.

Chum Kil
08-28-2002, 06:54 AM
Sorry to hear you are leaving, you did a great job. Good luck in what ever holds in your future.

reneritchie
08-28-2002, 09:43 AM
Dave,

Thanks for the devoting your valuable time and effort in moderating this forum (an underappreciated task at the best of times). You will be missed.

(PS: You lucky b@stard, you're getting away!)

RR

Sihing73
08-28-2002, 01:12 PM
Hello,

I wanted to just say thank you to everyone for being so supportive and friendly. While I will miss moderating I will continue to pop in and out from time to time.

I feel that I have been fortunate to meet some of you online. I am looking forward to meeting some of you in person in the future. Mun Hung, I will most likely see you at the tourney. Like last year, I will most likely bring my son along as well.

Wing Chun is a wonderful art and part of its potential strength is its very diveristy. The same things that we argue and fight over give us great potential. If we could learn to pull together and look beyond our differences we could truly become one of, if not the strongest, martial arts families on this planet. I look at some of the other arts our there, some Korean and most notably some of the FMA's. Many of these organizations have been able to transcend petty differences and learn to work together to achieve a common goal. I am confident that we can do the same.

Guys, and gals ;) , the older generations are passing on. The future of our art lies in our hands. This year this is a commeration on November 9th, honoring Yip Man and his lineage. In this one line there is plenty of diversity, yet all share the same root. Wing Chun has a commone root.

One of the translations of Wing Chun is "Hope for the Future". I am hopeful that we, the new generation will be able to break down barriers and pull together in order to build our art. Each lineage has fine examples to follow. Let's emulate them and step across the "lineage" lines. This would be my "Hope for the Future".

Peace,

Dave

yenhoi
08-28-2002, 01:33 PM
does this mean whippinghand is not banned anymore?

kinda like dodgeball y'know.

GeneChing
08-28-2002, 01:50 PM
HI Dave,
So sorry to see you go. You did a great job here.

Now the rest of you behave, we still have one moderator left. :p

tnwingtsun
08-28-2002, 02:57 PM
You have left a void that will be hard pressed to fill.

I wish you smooth sailing in the waters ahead.

Sandman2[Wing Chun]
08-29-2002, 03:19 PM
Dave,
Well, i'll be really sad to see you go. Do me a favor though, and promise you'll post on here with your opinions, from time to time. I've always thought you did a great job on here, so great in fact that I didn't have to do much at all most of the time (lucky me). Don't worry, i'll keep an eye on things. Thank you so much for all that you have contributed!

David Peterson
09-02-2002, 11:05 PM
Sorry to see you go, Dave....it's been fun "chatting" with you, ...and you've done a great job keeping this forum running so smoothly. Good Luck with all your future endeavours, and don't forget to "drop in" from time to time for a chat!:)
Best Wishes
DMP

phantom
09-03-2002, 03:28 PM
Good luck, Dave. I am sorry to see that you are leaving. I hope that you will still come here to chat. You were always respectful in your posts, evem when people disagreed with you. You also did a pretty good job of trying to keep people here behaving in a respectful manner. I really appreciate all of that. Peace.:D

stonecrusher69
09-04-2002, 06:46 PM
GOOD LUCK DAVE !! sorry to see you leave and please say in touch.Best of luck to you and your school to.I hope to meet up with in the future.

take care,
Mike

Gandolf269
09-04-2002, 10:43 PM
Sorry to see you go. You were instrumental in making this one of the best forums on the net. Best of luck in all of your future endeavors.

Gandolf269
09-04-2002, 10:43 PM
Sorry to see you go. You were instrumental in making this one of the best forums on the net. Best of luck in all of your future endeavors.