PDA

View Full Version : Attacking

SilentMantis
08-27-2002, 06:54 PM
What's your favourite attack? I'm looking to find out what are some of the perferred tactics you would use to attack your oppoenent first. Or just some of your favourite moves, and how effective do you think your perferred attack is? Include what form or where you learned it from.

Ye Gor
08-27-2002, 09:18 PM
"Look there!"
"Where?"
Bam!

Form: unknown.
Learned from: some Jackie Chan movie.

mmmm.... sorry, couldn't resist.

But seriously, misdirection is the balls.

Art D
08-28-2002, 10:56 AM
For me there is no favourite attack, My favourite attack is the one that is presenting it self. at that point it is the joy of mantis.

MightyB
08-28-2002, 11:47 AM
Couldn't spell them if I could, but...

In the beginning of Su Ga Sig (I know I spelled it wrong),
The pimp slap followed immediately by the be-itch slap. I think the words are kwa jern/lo jern. Like I said, couldn't remember the names and couldn't spell them if I did.

Or... push kick followed by fan tze striking.

Skarbromantis
08-28-2002, 01:11 PM
I like the attack at the begining of plum flower also white monkey steals peach, the first move to the nuts, what about yourself?

What do you like?

Skard1

mantisben
08-28-2002, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Skarbromantis
I like the attack at the begining of plum flower...

Skard1

Which Plum Flower form? The Plum Flower Hand, the Plum Flower Fist, or the Plum Flower Falling/Desending?

SilentMantis
08-28-2002, 04:44 PM
Well i have a few attacks that i prefer. I love lightning attack, but my most favourtie moves come from 1st and 2nd set of important fundamentals. I love the open palm strikes to the head and throat at the end of 1st set. However in 2nd set i like using the move where the opponent throws a right punch, and the practitioner pulls it to the side, strikes the temple, takes out his legs, throws a right back fist, kicks and then retreats. those are just a few.
comments

Skarbromantis
08-28-2002, 04:46 PM
hand.

Skard1

18elders
08-28-2002, 07:44 PM
What part of scarborough do you live in?
Grew up in that area, went to high school at West Hill.

mantisben
08-28-2002, 08:41 PM
I like the first 2 movements in Sap Sei Lo Tam Tui #5 (Filing Punch, Reverse Punch).

Even though they are defensive techniques, my favorite techniques for attack are the first 2 "words" in the 12 verbal-word formula: 1)Ou ; 2) Lou. I rarely use them together, as in ou-lou-tsai (hook, grapple, pluck). I'm not saying that I DON'T use them together, just not often.

I'll combine Ou with the reverse punch, a hammer-fist, a hook or a roundhouse punch, a palm-heel strike to the face, or a lunge punch.

I'll combine Lou with the strikes listed above, but Lou works very nicely for me with the Filing punch (the first strike in Sap Sei Lo Tam Tui #5).

Skarbromantis
09-01-2002, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by 18elders
What part of scarborough do you live in?
Grew up in that area, went to high school at West Hill.

For real, Skarbro in the house , What up!

I live at Vick-park and Shep, by the Johnnys Hamburgers,
lived in the Borough all my life, I went to Lea****, and Macdonald
for high school, small world.

Where do you live now?

Skard1

yu shan
09-02-2002, 08:10 PM
Shrfu Arthur

What do you mean by "my favorite attack is the one presenting itself"? Just curious. By the way, next time we meet, I`ll gladly explain my "lineage", not a newbie to Mantis, like you think.

SilentMantis
09-03-2002, 07:49 PM
18elders,

we have something in common. I live in scarborough aswell, and i currently go to west hill. Were you training in mantis while in high school? It's a small world.

18elders
09-04-2002, 12:41 PM
live in florida now, have for a while.
Loved the area there, tons of stuff to do in Toronto . I guess the CNE justed closed, if i remember correctly they closed after labor day.
Had some good times as West hill but that was many moons ago.
I wasn't training in mantis then, there were no schools around.
Keep training hard, if i ever make it back up there i'll let you guys know

SilentMantis
09-04-2002, 05:28 PM
well you are correct, the CNE just closed. If you ever are in the area it would be a pleasure to have you visit.

BeiTangLang
09-05-2002, 05:45 AM
Private email for personal messaging gentlemen,..._PLEASE!*growls at the warm fuzzy happy feeling that almost made it through the TCMA message barrier*