PDA

View Full Version : Just bought Fist of Fury on DVD

African Tiger
08-27-2002, 08:10 PM
The studio must have used the worst possible print, from which they made this DVD. The quality is horrible, and there aren't any cool features. Is it my imagination, or is this Bruce's worst movie?
(not including Game of ****)

Does anybody own the Enter the Dragon set? If so, how's the quality, etc?

Side note - just picked up the Pulp Fiction DVD collectors set. $50 online, $16.99 at Costco....go figure.

African Tiger
08-27-2002, 08:11 PM
AND WHY THE **** ARE WE STILL CENSORING ****???!??!?!?

Xebsball
08-27-2002, 08:57 PM
hmm did you say death?

PHILBERT
08-27-2002, 10:32 PM
Maybe it was d0rk or d¡ck and possible cr@p.

Death.

Kristoffer
08-28-2002, 05:01 AM
Was it the uncanny edited edition from Disney? :rolleyes:

The Willow Sword
08-28-2002, 07:04 AM
its cool,,probably bruces best flick. they incorporated some deleted scenes and makes the movie a little more "philosophical"
only two scenes put back in though. one is at the beginning after bruce spars SAMO HUNG,,, he has a converstaion with the head abbot of the temple. the othert scene is where bruce is in the hall of mirrors and he reflects on what the old abbot told him.

yeah those bruce flicks from before were kind of cheesy, i mean when you thinkabout it chinese flm making back then was rather cheesy. they were trying to emulate hollywood and did a horrible job of it. Although youy have to admit,,,some of those old chop sockey films had some cool Sh!t in them.

Many Respects,,,,,,,The Willow Sword

bob10
08-28-2002, 07:29 AM
I got FofF on DVD and it was uncut - nunchuk scenes and all.

There are a couple of special features, thought the Bey Logan commentary is hardly inspiring (but then BL never was that inspiring....)

wooha
08-28-2002, 07:53 AM
I actually really enjoy the Bey Logan commentaries. He's always got loads of interesting snippets of information and anecdotes about the Hong Kong stars. I think he's great.

bob10
08-28-2002, 07:56 AM
Maybe, but it was when he described the fat Japanese guy as doing "tai chi" that I choked on my sandwich :D

Mojo
08-28-2002, 02:29 PM
AT
I gotta agree with you, Fists of Fury pretty much sucked. Bad acting and stupid dialog and not enough gung-fu fighting.
I always get a laugh when Bruce punches one guy through a barn wall and it leaves the outline of the dude cut out in the wall.

African Tiger
08-28-2002, 04:03 PM
I have to admit that I laughed my arse off on that one too!

(Look what I've been reduced to, in order to express myself...the Queen's english version of ASS)

Wasn't there a reference in "Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story" that Fists Of Fury wasn't his best effort? I remember Bruce (Jason Lee) telling Linda they should leave the theater before "they lynch us."

wooha
08-29-2002, 06:55 AM
I remember Bruce (Jason Lee) telling Linda they should leave the theater before "they lynch us." Don't they give him a standing ovation just after he says that?

I did enjoy the fight scenes in FOF, especially the one out the back of the restuarant where he uses the double chucks. As a movie it's a bit cack though, but then the Bruce Lee films were never really about plot and acting.

bob10
08-29-2002, 09:12 AM
Are we talking the same movie here?

Fof F in the UK is the film where Lee fights the Japanese school after the death of his teacher.

The film with the nunchuk restraunt scene was Way of the Dragon here. The one where he kicks the guy through the wall was The Big Boss here.

Tigerstyle
08-29-2002, 01:54 PM
"Was it the uncanny edited edition from Disney?"

Fists of Fury just isn't the same movie without the unedited goalie butts. :p

LEGEND
08-29-2002, 04:05 PM
Bob...

in the usa...fist of fury is the big boss.
in the usa...chinese connection is fist of fury.
in the usa...way of the dragon is return of the dragon.

in fist of fury and chinese connection the director was horrible. he actually fell asleep while filming a few times. That's why BRUCE demanded Raymond Chow full attention while filming Way of the Dragon. He also had some scenes filmed of Game of Death...

wooha
08-30-2002, 06:41 AM
No, you're right, I was confusing my Bruce Lee movies. How embarassing.

Ah well, the dojo fight was cool in FoF. But I was confusing it with Way of the Dragon, which is probably a better movie, apart from the annoying camp chinese guy.

Kristoffer
08-30-2002, 07:30 AM
*sigh* :rolleyes:

lotusleaf
08-30-2002, 09:40 AM
In that movie, why was there a bruce double in most of the movie?

African Tiger
09-02-2002, 05:21 PM
Bruce died very early into filming. The closeups are him of course, then you see a double I believe was called "Bruce Li", and the notorious cardboard cutout of Bruce's face in the dressing room scene.

WTF were they thinking on that one??????

Chang Style Novice
09-02-2002, 05:47 PM
Um, Game of Death is my favorite Bruce Lee movie.

You may now commence throwing tomatoes. I need to work on my 'iron salad body' technique.

wooha
09-03-2002, 06:08 AM
Any of you seen the 40 minute re-edit of the original footage of the end of Game of Death on the Hong Kong Legends Platinum Edition DVD?

You have to see it, it's fantastic?