PDA

View Full Version : Never mind Chung Moo Doe, Temple KF, and Ashida Kim - here's the ultimate!

Chang Style Novice
08-28-2002, 11:05 AM
Scroll down a screen or two and you'll see it.

http://www.utexas.edu/student/txunion/ae/iclass/courses.php?category=0&action=list&search_query=&ac=&season=fall

The Willow Sword
08-28-2002, 11:09 AM
Secret Fighting Arts of Klingon Race

"Throughout the galaxy, the mighty Klingon race is known for its ruthless skill in battle. Now, the secrets of their most sacred weapon of honor, betleH yIqel, are revealed for the first time. The great Klingon betleH Master Ernest Sanchez takes you through instruction on the proper use of the betleH. This exclusive workshop on betleH techniques is based on real martial art techniques. A rare opportunity. Ernest Sanchez is the Chief Kung Fu Instructor at Tom Gohring's School of T'ai Chi and has 6+ years of weapons experience. Bring $20 for wooden practice betleH. "

Course Number: 2405.301
Meetings: 1, Sat
Time: 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm
Date: 09/28/02
General: $36 UT: $29
Course Number: 2405.302
Meetings: 1, Sat
Time: 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm
Date: 10/26/02
General: $36 UT: $29

IM GOING MAN. BONG AND NERF SWORD IN HAND:rolleyes:

MRTWS

and the sad thing is Mr. Tom Ghoring is endorsing this Sh!t by allowing his name to be put in the ad. Hey chang i say we go EGG Tom's School:D ;)

Hai_To
08-28-2002, 11:18 AM
Is the class taught in English or Klingon? ;)

Chang Style Novice
08-28-2002, 11:27 AM
Yeah, well, what from what I know of Tom Gohring's school, he's never been a pinnacle of integrity anyway. $20 to just observe a class??!??

Hai_To
08-28-2002, 11:42 AM
Gay Camp Humor 101

"Explore the roots of this unique form of gay humor and its many incarnations within early films with its subtle and not-so-subtle double entendres and jibes. View classic Bette Davis, Joan Crawford, Busby Berkeley films and more. Spencer Nutting (see #3610)."

Course Number: 3605.301
Meetings: 5, Mon
Time: 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm
Dates: 10/21/02 to 11/18/02
General: $48 UT: $39

Isn't this the kind of stuff that upsets the Boy Scouts?

The Willow Sword
08-28-2002, 11:48 AM
are you kidding me? man when did he start doing that?

yeah i have always called his school "Tom Gorhings Over Priced school of Tai chi chuan" .

he was taught by mr Moses Williams right? there is another one who likes to charge alot of money for stuff.
"all about dem benjamins baby";)

MRTWS

GeneChing
08-28-2002, 02:05 PM
The book was written by a classmate of mine from Lam Kwoon - http://store.yahoo.com/martialartsmart/b-pw001.html - the book was totally illegal and was shut down by Paramount, but a few copies are still floating around. I actually did the layout for the cover :rolleyes: They paid me a lot of benjamins (plus I can never refuse a good prank.) In fact, I felt a little guilty about how much they paid me, so I wrote the intro too. That someone would take it seriously enough to offer a class AND that others would take that class, well, it just makes me chuckle thinking about it.

Just another skeleton in my closet, but if it ever gets me close to 7 of 9 or T'pol, it was all worth it. :p

Hai_To
08-28-2002, 02:10 PM
Gene,

You have just become my new hero. :D

The Willow Sword
08-28-2002, 02:20 PM
if this course at the texas union is for real,,do you think that maybe the techniques are being stolen out of this book?

i mean the intro to the class is very similar if not the same as the intro on the sight where the book is located.

DID Gene just expose a FRAUD? OMG OMG I love it!!!!!!

MRTWS

PHILBERT
08-28-2002, 02:39 PM
Id so pay the $36 to try that class out.

Royal Dragon
08-28-2002, 05:30 PM
I think Paramount should be selling it to all the trekies. I bet it's big at those "Spock" conventions.:rolleyes:

PS, I almost ordered it once. I had suddenly come into extra $$ (Bank never missed it!!!), but embarassment prevented me, so I bout a Paulie Zink video instead.

jun_erh
08-28-2002, 06:50 PM
"beam Spencer Nutting aboard"

logic
08-28-2002, 07:23 PM
Ha Ha Ha!!!

They are no match for the Kwoon of the Jedi worrior:D :rolleyes:

Comming soon to a Kwoon near you.

GeneChing
08-29-2002, 12:02 PM
Willow Sword - You know, I never thought about it that way. I forwarded the site to the author of the book. He was teaching seminars in it, but none of the trekkies could handle horse stance (heh, heh.) He actually did a serious treatment of the weapon, basing the techniques on bench and some others like heaven & earth blade (http://store.yahoo.com/martialartsmart/4543.html) He did pitch it to Paramount, but apparently they've had problems with Klingons being rude at conventions. I heard a 'klingon' kid stabbed another kid at one, and then a bunch of klingons got together and were stealing 'vulcan ears' ripping the rubber ears right off other fans. Anyway, Paramount didn't want anymore trouble, so the book was squelched. My classmate did it anyway, then was given a cease and desist and was shut down.

Ma, I should go into that guy's school and demand my cut, otherwise I'll break his sign.

rubthebuddha
08-29-2002, 12:14 PM
sadly enough, the uni i work at actually had a jedi club -- the usual "combining the best parts of the most popular martial arts today into one unbeatable system." it was taught by some goof who had done the usual two months karate, three months jkd, half a year judo, and then figured, hell i know it all! i think the bum finally graduated and left.

Serpent
08-29-2002, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by GeneChing
I heard a 'klingon' kid stabbed another kid at one, and then a bunch of klingons got together and were stealing 'vulcan ears' ripping the rubber ears right off other fans.

OMG, that is just TOO funny!

:D :p :D