PDA

View Full Version : Something might go down tonight

Ryu
08-29-2002, 04:03 PM
One of my Japanese friends whom I taught some SD to, is again having trouble with his girlfriend's ex boyfriend. Apparently the ex came to his home today and they got into a heated argument. My friend told him not to come back or he'd call the cops, however the ex said he wanted to give something to his girlfriend, and he'd be back at around 9:30 or 10 pm tonight. (The girl in question has a night class until 9:30) I just got done talking to him, and I'm going to go over there tonight to see what's going on still. My ground/pound training partner is coming with me too.
I'm not looking to fight at all (This Japanese guy is about 30-40 pounds lighter then me, skinny, and if I ever hit him I'm sure I'd split his skull open..... I'm not being egotistical, just stating that a fight on MY part will probably land me in a lot of trouble legally...)
This guy is a bit emotional.... he's no fighter, but he's got a rep of being somewhat strange....so I don't know if he's the kind of guy that will pull a knife, etc. But as far as that goes, I'm going to assume he is that type of person...for safety's sake.

I'll tell you what happens tonight. I'm going there to protect my friends (girl and guy). I am NOT going to fight. I'm looking to de-escalate if I need to. Call police if need be, etc.

I've also made a decision. Real self-defense is what I'm interested in with MA. NHB, MMA is all good, and I like doing it, but it's not real self-defense. Real SD is very much a mental thing, and knowing legal statutes, reasonable force, etc. That's what I'm interested in, and that's what I'd like to teach.

Ryu

joedoe
08-29-2002, 04:05 PM
Why did you teach him Shaolin-Do? :D

LEGEND
08-29-2002, 04:09 PM
You bring any mace...or something like that??? Why doesn't your boyz gf tell him to "F" off??? Anywayz...handle your business!!!

Ryu
08-29-2002, 04:14 PM
GF did tell him that. She doesn't know he came by..... she'll find out tonight.

Yeah I carry OC, but I'm going only to de-escalate and to have a "presence" there.
I'm pretty muscular and have a rep of being very strong so hopefully that will help to stop anything before it starts. If not, I practice and study a lot of difusing tactics. If none of that works, well.....yeah I will handle my business.

Have to go now, see you tonight.

Ryu

Cody
08-29-2002, 04:53 PM
Take care. You're a good friend, and you seem to know what you're doing too.
Cody

MonkeySlap Too
08-29-2002, 04:59 PM
Keep it cool, and stay aware.

PHILBERT
08-29-2002, 05:04 PM
Good luck man. Hope nothing happens though.

NorthernMantis
08-29-2002, 05:13 PM
Hey man I think it's an honorable thing that you're doing atching out for your friends. Whatever happens I wish you luck and do what you gotta do.

Sharky
08-29-2002, 05:39 PM
if it does go down, make sure you don't let slip you went over becuase you thought there was gonna be a ruckus - you will get ripped to shreds in court. you might wanna delete this thread if many people know you frequent this board (and they are twats)

take care

African Tiger
08-29-2002, 05:40 PM
Why does this always happen to us MA's?

I was just about to kick this guy's natural ass a few weeks ago, and my stepmom had to hold me back. Now his scrawny punk ass is safe from the size 12's...it's just so wrong.

Then again, we are supposed to be martial ARTISTS, hence the ART. Approaching the way of the peaceful warrior is really hard nowdays, much less maintaining the way of the peaceful warrior.

Ryu, I'd say stand there in Wu Qi, face him and smile. Smile so hard that your lips start bleeding and your eyes turn red. I highly doubt he will want to **** with you or your friend...

Water Dragon
08-29-2002, 05:48 PM
Just watch out for the guy(s) in the bushes. Seriously, you're not the only person who has friends.

wushu chik
08-29-2002, 07:46 PM
FOR ONCE- I agree with H2O.....just watch your 6!

And, Ryu, don't have too much fun!!

~Wen~

Water Dragon
08-29-2002, 08:02 PM
waddaya mean for once? Don't you know I'm always right?

wushu chik
08-29-2002, 08:38 PM
Yeah yeah....I just meant PUBLICLY agree!! You know I always agree with you otherwise!!

~Wen~

Water Dragon
08-29-2002, 08:42 PM
Well OK then. Now go get me a samich woman, or I'll half ta give ye whatfer :eek:

wushu chik
08-29-2002, 08:45 PM
WTF is with you guys and you're SAMMICH's??? Don't your women make you any real food??

~Wen~

Water Dragon
08-29-2002, 08:49 PM
Go make me a TURKEY POT PIE :D

Ryu
08-29-2002, 09:01 PM
Hi guys.
Thanks for all the support. Well I'm back, and things came to a peaceful resolution.

I went to my friends house, and hung out with him, took him to get some food with my other friend so he could tell us what happened exactly, etc. When we returned home, my training partner went to his place to get a video, and left my J-friend and me there to just talk. Basically his girlfriend's ex came to his apartment (asked people where he lived) and wanted to give the girl in question "something" (which turned out to be a birthday card)
The thing is...... my friend's GF (who's a good friend of mine too) told him that she didn't want to have anything to do with him anymore. She came home early, and I talked to both of them. She's a bit scared of the guy and says he's a stalker. I think he's just a little ****, but never assume..... you know.

Anyway the guy came to the door, and knocked about 9:45 pm. I got up to go to the door, but my training friend told me to let my J-friend handle it first..... which I did. (This kind of situation is difficult.....cuz I want to protect my friend, but if I go beat some guy up for him it will make him look like a coward to the other Japanese there, etc. ... lots of "face" stuff going on...)
Well my J-friend went out there with his GF and they kind of argued a bit. I was close by, sitting in a chair watching the whole thing. My J-friend opened the door, and the ex boyfriend was standing there with this "Yeah I'm here." arrogant look on his face. (actually kinda pathetic) He got right in his face nose to nose (my friend used the passive encroachment stance I taught him to get his hands up in case of a sucker punch) The ex boyfriend then saw me sitting there, and I looked right at him, smiled and said "S'up." followed by his name. He kind of chilled out, stepped back from my friend a little and greeted me back. (he and I briefly know each other)
My J-friend began arguing harshly and his GF also was telling her ex the same type of thing. It got heated, and for a moment I thought the ex might try and sucker punch my friend. I was planning to tackle him if he did and handcuff him and call the cops, no striking, etc.
But my friend basically defused the situation, and had enough anger and confidence to make the guy back down. So the ex left, but I'm not sure if this is over yet.
My J-friend will probably let the University dean know about this incident, and contact the university police.

Other then that, it was a quiet night. :cool:
Anyway, thanks for the support. I didn't have to fight at all, and (just like I expected) My "presence" was all I really needed to have there.

Just hope this is resolved quickly. I actually feel sorry for this guy's emotional pain...... :( I won't stand for him making my friends scared, but I know what it's like to be emotionally hurt.

Anyway that's the story for now.
I'm glad it was de-escalated.

Ryu

Serpent
08-29-2002, 09:12 PM
That's cool. Well done, Ryu.

Wendy! Pot pies for everyone!

joedoe
08-29-2002, 09:17 PM
Good work Bat-Boy. Now, back to the Bat-cave. :D

Just kidding. Glad it all worked out OK.

Ryu
08-29-2002, 09:19 PM
LOL :D
Thanks. Going to the Bat-cave sounds good. I need some shut-eye. ;)

Ryu

SevenStar
08-29-2002, 09:27 PM
Good job. Glad to hear everything turned out okay.

wushu chik
08-29-2002, 09:34 PM
WTF do I look like to you guys?? YOUR BIATCH?? I don't think so. YOU GUYS GET YOUR ASSES IN THE KITCHEN AND MAKE ME MY DINNER!!!

~Wen~

diego
08-29-2002, 10:15 PM
Ryu i never thought of handcuffs...:cool: i havent fought in almost a decade in public, just personnal beefs; one of the last was when these rockerskids jumped this little indian guy i knew {rip} because he was hitting on one of thier girls. so the indian kid got all his big cousins and his boys, and we rocked them.

:D

I wish i had handcuffs,..imagine the loss of face this big 25 year old skid getting rocked by 6 15 year old kids then they handcuff you:D Or buddy like in the story is ready to fight for his ex, then he gets handcuffed and sat on until the cops show up, lol that would just **** with your aggression!.
Peace

Serpent
08-29-2002, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by wushu chik
WTF do I look like to you guys?? YOUR BIATCH?? I don't think so. YOU GUYS GET YOUR ASSES IN THE KITCHEN AND MAKE ME MY DINNER!!!

~Wen~

You're forgetting something, Wendy. God gave women legs for one reason: to get them between the bedroom and the kitchen.

Now get to it with those pies!

Crimson Phoenix
08-30-2002, 01:39 AM
I think I could get rich if I created the first online shrink session...just like this forum, you could come and start telling all that's on your mind and rant...then I'd charge 30 bucks...
I mean, c'mon, I don't get it, what's with all this "I had a fight yesterday" or "I had an altercation that almost got pretty heated" type of post?
What's the point of letting everyone know you had a fight, or you're about to have one? Advices? Useless...Feedback? uh, why for?
I don't get it...
I'm sorry, Ryu, I really like your posts, but I have been wanting to say that for a very long time and unfortunately the bubble bursted this time...
Gee, I can be the first client of my shrinkonline.com now LOL

KungFuGuy!
08-30-2002, 02:44 AM
I'm with crimson. In fact, he pretty much said everything I was going to say :D
Threads that describe a fight are fine, albeit often extremely egotistical and/or fake sounding, but acceptable nonetheless. However, the "I almost considered getting into a situation where I might have had to almost fight" type threads are just lame. Sorry :D

Former castleva
08-30-2002, 03:30 AM
Great! Things turned out fine.
No hard feelings as far as I know,so it should better stop there,I hope.
I donīt know about the lame level of this kinds of posts but it seems there are many,many posters in various forums who ask for this kind of stuff.
Good thing is that one can learn something from them and possibly get better when it comes to avoiding them.

Royal Dragon
08-30-2002, 04:33 AM
Ryu,
Love the Hand Cuff Idea. Infatc I have a pair of Thumb Cuffs that would be great for that stuff. Now If I could ony find the key!!!!:D

"You're forgetting something, Wendy. God gave women legs for one reason: to get them between the bedroom and the kitchen. "

Reply]
Hey, I'll take a Chicken Pot Pie and some steamed corn!!!!

Hey Wen, I'll make you dinner, but you have to *Do* me, and fork over the Kingdom.

"Let me own you, and I will be your slave":eek:

Ford Prefect
08-30-2002, 06:40 AM
lol @ "my stepmom had to hold me back". That cracks me up. Must have really been going after the guy! :p

Ryu
08-30-2002, 07:37 AM
Morning guys. Well as far as the thread, yeah I can see where a few of you are coming from. :) My initial post was written just minutes after the phone call, (I was online at the time) so I just sorta vented a bit. I guess the real reason for such a post is that it's almost like a "sharing" of an incident with a group of people who share things like that with each other. Definitely wasn't looking for advice... I already knew what I was going to do.
I guess also in a weird sense, if I write down the incident, I myself can kind of look over it to see what "mistakes" I might have made with the situation, how I could have possibly handled something better, etc. Of course you're probably right that that sort of thing doesn't need to be on a forum. The majority seem to say otherwise though. But que sara sara..... (however that's spelled.)

Last thing. About the handcuff thing....
I in no way would "enjoy" doing something like that in any way shape or form. I would only do something like that if I was left no other choice, a person was a continual threat to me or someone else, etc. Even though it might be an effective way of detaining someone for police, there are legality issues involved (illegal restraint, etc.) that come from it too. Everything is a legal issue in any type of altercation.
Since I do not like humiliating people, it's something I'd do only if I was justified in doing it.

Ryu

The Willow Sword
08-30-2002, 07:48 AM
Sometimes all that is needed is a Presence.

MRTWS

Crimson Phoenix
08-30-2002, 07:59 AM
Thanks for understanding Ryu...I really want to be clear that it's not a personal attack, I really like your posts...
It's just that for a long time I wanted to say it, but everytime I wanted to start a thread about it I figured out it was whining and useless...
But today, well, the sun was shining, the thread was here, and so I dropped it...
DAYAM, there goes another 30$ for shrinkonline.com...

Badger
08-30-2002, 08:05 AM
You are a True good guy Ryu....

1 question: Is it legal to carry handcuffs if you are not a LEO?

Badger

guohuen
08-30-2002, 09:29 AM
Well done Ryu. Next time leave the institutional hardware at home. The PD frowns on such things.

old jong
08-30-2002, 10:05 AM
I dont know where you live Ryu but,handcuffing someone or even carrying these things could bring me to jail!
And just on the side...Knifes also!

wushu chik
08-30-2002, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Royal Dragon
Hey, I'll take a Chicken Pot Pie and some steamed corn!!!!

Hey Wen, I'll make you dinner, but you have to *Do* me, and fork over the Kingdom.

"Let me own you, and I will be your slave":eek:

HA HA guys...I'll play your silly little game. Hmm, lets see....arsnic in the pot pies & cyanide in the corn. That aught to do it! Now, who wanted dinner again??

Oh, and Serpent.....the ONLY reason God gave you guys a pen!s is so that us short girls still have a head to smack when you all get out of line!!

The ONLY one in my kingdom I do is Ryu. You're just jealouse that you'll never ever get into my pants or have my kingdom. Sorry! Keep dreamin.

~Wen~

FatherDog
09-03-2002, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by Badger
1 question: Is it legal to carry handcuffs if you are not a LEO?
[/B]

I certainly hope so. Otherwise my gf is going to be sorely disappointed this weekend.