PDA

View Full Version : Hey austinites i have a question

SanHeChuan
08-29-2002, 11:11 PM
Have any of you herd of a kung fu school called the guardian temple society, the teachers name would be Don something. They might teach something like tai chi and hung gar, but I’m not sure exactly what they would teach. Any info into this school would be greatly appreciated.

The Willow Sword
08-30-2002, 06:37 AM
another SD type school;)

MRTWS

SanHeChuan
09-01-2002, 07:30 PM
And by what leap of logic do you make that connection?

GGL
09-02-2002, 04:14 PM
Willow this may strike a nerve.. but here it is

The school that you are asking is actually called East Wind Training Hall.. They do northern shaolin tiger system and they say that they teach the first phase of curriculum of the Guardian of the Temple Benevolent Society. I don't know much about them, but they do seem rooted in their linage.. I did meet one guy from there and he even came up to check out a Shuai Chiao class.. he seemed pretty nice and knowledgable about his art..

The gentleman that you are refering to is Don Finley

their website is http://www.eastwindtraininghall.com

Greg

SanHeChuan
09-03-2002, 01:57 PM
Thanks GGL,
That's excatly what i was looking for. Does anyone know anything about the school or the teacher?
Was the dude that kick willow swords ass from that school?

The Willow Sword
09-03-2002, 04:08 PM
San he chuan. the only reason why i was defeated was because the SD Teacher in austin reversed his support of me, and i felt left behind and betrayed so i went there with downed spirits. the austin SD master "didnt want to create any animosity between the schools" what a bunch of sh!t. considering that SD is already looked down upon by just about every other martial arts organization.
and if you are who i think you are,,,,remember who it was that helped to teach YOU your stuff.
TWS

future man
09-03-2002, 07:28 PM
Just curious... what does 'SD' stand for?

SanHeChuan
09-03-2002, 07:35 PM
i just couldn't remember that dudes name and wanted to know his name. I've never meet you, you're probably thinking of my teacher, but what ever.

Hey next time you should just get cheer leaders, all this time i thought you needed to practice hard, but now i know all you need to win a fight is moral support. Thank you for showing me the true martial way. :rolleyes:

SanHeChuan
09-03-2002, 07:36 PM
future man: SD = Shaolin Do

future man
09-03-2002, 07:37 PM
ahhh... ok. got it.

thanks.

SanHeChuan
09-03-2002, 10:13 PM
Ok how do I say this with out being too insulting, Willow Sword get a grip dude. ?You lost the fight because you didn't have the emotional support of you instructor? Jesus Christ that so LAME! It doesn't matter if you won or lost, I sure as hell don't care, but PLEASE be a man about it. Train more, change schools if you feel you need to, but don't make LAME a$$ excuses.

Fact: YOU lost. Why do you find that insulting? And to blame your loss on someone else... :eek:

I am Disgusted! Is that Wu De or any other kinda attitude that a martial artist should have?

The Willow Sword
09-04-2002, 07:39 AM
Its not an excuse,,its the truth. try fighting in a challenge match when you dont have the support of the school with which you spent 8 years of your life dedicated to. downed spirits can qwell a mans fighting spirit just as much as being physically sick or injured. still i maintained that if i had support and my spirits were high i would have been a better opponent but still would have lost the fight. but at least i wouldve had support,,who knows maybe i would have won. i Blame MYself for losing but i also blame my down spirit on the lack of support i got.. in fact i originally had support and was going to have another student who is very prominent in the school accompany me on the teachers request,,,but then at the last second he reversed it,,,and gave me that excuse.

and what i find insulting is your typed response to GGL.
"Was the dude that kick willow swords ass from that school?"

you blatently typed that and it has insulting connotations to it.

, "but now i know all you need to win a fight is moral support. Thank you for showing me the true martial way"

Moral support can be a very powerful tool when facing a challenge,,or meeting one. and as for showing you the true martial way,,,,,i doubt you are shown that at SD.

SanHeChuan
09-04-2002, 12:54 PM
Well I can't say that I agree. I get along just fine with out the support of others, and would prefer not to rely on anyone for anything.

Yeah there was a bit of a dig in my post, but your response was still lame. :p

Anyway did that dude go to this school or is there some other Northern tiger school in Austin?

Thanks

The Willow Sword
09-04-2002, 01:02 PM
why not instead of going to eastwind go to SD in austin?

whats Yer story ?????

SanHeChuan
09-04-2002, 01:49 PM
When I came to Lubbock SD was the only kung fu available to me. I was one of my instructors’ first students and I owe a lot to him. If not for SD I might not of gotten back into the Martial Arts at all. I like my teacher, the students, and my role in the school. What I don’t care for as much is the curriculum. I don’t like getting pieces of a style at a time, and not knowing much about the style it came from. I know that changes as you go up though the ranks, but still think there are way too many styles to learn. You get some cool forms, I just got the 3rd road of Hua Fist and thats a cool form, but i want more depth. As long as I’m in Lubbock I’ll be with SD but when I leave, and even now I’ll try to find something that fits me better.