PDA

View Full Version : New "Practical Kung Fu Sword" by Paul Chen

dedalus
09-02-2002, 03:55 AM
I was wondering if anyone has any info on or experience with Paul Chen's latest dao? You can view a picture here:
www.casiberia.com/np-practical-oriental.html

There are some of these available on Ebay for $30-40 more than his older Hanwei dao (1011-GT).

On a tangent, have any of you ever given one of Paul Chen's medieval spear heads a try in the CMA context? There's a short "viking" number that looks pretty schmick compared to your average wushu number. (Check out 2039-GT and 2040-GT here (http://www.casiberia.com/np-miscmedieval.html) ). If anyone has ever seen anything of this quality available to traditional CMA specs, let me know!

Kristoffer
09-02-2002, 07:54 AM
The Dao looks like any regular Dao to me? What's so special about it? And those 'Viking' spears/axes looked ok but are a bit simplistic.

mysteri
09-02-2002, 03:18 PM
my sifu has real spear-heads in his new martial arts supply store. they're denser, a lil more heavy, and definitely nuttin to play or train w/! even in the form that its in(not razor sharp) its still frighteningly dangerous. i'm gonna buy one to keep @ home, jus in case ;)

dedalus
09-02-2002, 05:50 PM
Mysteri,

Does your sifu take international orders?