PDA

View Full Version : retracting your testicles

kungfu cowboy
09-03-2002, 05:56 AM
Love it? Hate it? Discuss.

Ford Prefect
09-03-2002, 06:50 AM
Sounds painful. Although I believe I've experienced this during cold New England winters. Maybe when I first heard about Bobbit too...

No_Know
09-03-2002, 07:31 AM
Worthwhile training for better avoiding getting hit as badly there. Helpful to improving the breathing at least.

Kay k
09-03-2002, 07:38 AM
what? is this serious? can guys do that?! lol :p

No_Know
09-03-2002, 07:47 AM
I think it's for real.~

Kay k
09-03-2002, 07:53 AM
seriously???? why would you WANT to do that?! :eek:

GreyMystik
09-03-2002, 07:55 AM
the most obvious reason would be to avoid getting completely slammed in the nutz, although i'm not sure if that's why most learn it...

Kay k
09-03-2002, 07:59 AM
LOL :) Why do you think most learn it.......? :) is it to get "in touch" with there feminine side?! hehehe

Former castleva
09-03-2002, 08:30 AM
Could you explain a bit further? :eek:

GreyMystik
09-03-2002, 08:40 AM
naw, from what i've heard (can't verify) it can also be used for some kinda qigong training or somethin... who knows... some folks hang weights from their nads too

kungfu cowboy
09-03-2002, 09:47 AM
I saw it mentioned on another thread. Was wondering if it's really possible. And if it is, can they be, ah...safely tucked away in an instant? Otrherwise, seems kinda useless. Not to mention weird.

No_Know
09-03-2002, 12:36 PM
Supposedly it takes three years to finish training. It is one of the two softest areas (testicles, eyes) on many males, to significantly cause bother or damage without much effort or skill. If you could retract them...the training about which I read calls for retracting and replacing the empty area with air such that the attack is met with hardness and the testicles are more safely temporarilly stored in the lower abdominal cavity or some such.

A natural similar occurance happens when close to ejaculating (at least sometimes) supposedly. Also when tightening (squeezing) the anus there might can be felt a little tug.

It is warned to the effect that it can have bad results if training is not done in moderation or too much. It would be at your own risk to play with this training or to attempt~ it.~ Perhas some-such some-might say.

PHILBERT
09-03-2002, 12:46 PM
It isn't possible because the male genitals are a unique organ. You would assume that an organ that would cause such pain when struck would not be external. However, the testies contract and expand depending on temperature in the environment. When it is warm in the surrounding area, the testies will expand, to keep away from the body because of the heat the body releases. When it is cold outside, Junior wants to keep warm, so it comes closer to the body to stay warm. However if they were on the inside of the body, they would never be able to move depending on temperature causing them to get too warm. Why they want to stay at 98.6 degrees is beyond me though.

Kristoffer
09-03-2002, 12:52 PM
Retract my balls? Hell no! I use Fa Jing to internally 'suck' them up my throat and spit them at my foes. :cool:

GunnedDownAtrocity
09-03-2002, 03:19 PM
if they wanted to stay at 98.6 degrees the body would be the pefect place for them ... cept for when you have a fever.

maybe they need to be kept slightly cooler for sperm health and production. i dunno.

IronFist
09-03-2002, 03:20 PM
It's possible for them to get up there. Sometimes when someone gets kicked really hard one or both of them might go up there. Also I've heard of people falling in ice water or whatever and they go up inside you too. It can be bad if they don't come back down.

But I guess there has to be a way to do it on command, too.

IronFist

jun_erh
09-03-2002, 03:36 PM
"inhaling yin" is one of the 72 consumate arts of Shaolin. The consumate arts are nearly all impossible for "non x-men" as someone here once put it. They do it in "dragons of the orient"(a documentary). In "Fist of the White Lotus" the guy gets his foot stuck when kicking the white haired guy there, and the white hair guy just laughs.
Still, alot of older styles use groin strikes frequently, so I could see how it would be a good idea if you could do it somewhat quickly. If you're a monk, you (supposedly) don't use that equipment for much anyway

No_Know
09-03-2002, 05:06 PM
PHILBERT, you say impossible, than you also say they go up and down with temperature.

The male genitlals has at least four parts. Males not having genitals on the outside? I thought that was a trademake of male~.

Theretraction is not for Winter or a great long time. it is for as long as they are being attacked. Perhaps a few seconds at a time at most until the fight you don't retract them. After a dangerous situation is no longer perceived Things are as normal.

PHILBERT
09-03-2002, 10:45 PM
What I typed is what I read off some medical document on the human body I found. I was looking over the different parts of the body and it described what I pretty much said. The testicles want to keep warm, but not TOO warm, so they get bigger or smaller depending on surrounding temperature. They don't enter the body. You know what I mean by expand and contract.

Serpent
09-03-2002, 11:05 PM
It can be done. I can do it.

With breathing and muscular training I learned to retract my balls inside my body cavity at will. Sometimes it happens without prior thought, but you know.... :eek:

Anyway, it's a neat trick and freaks out the chicks, but for fighting it's only useful if you do it before a fight and can keep them up there. It's hard for them to stay there during extensive physical activity. At least, it is for me. And there's no way I could retract them fast enough to avoid an attack.

Perhaps with a considerable amount of diligent training I might be able to retract them fast and keep them up there, but it would be a lot easier to invest in a box and spend that time on something else.

Still, a useful talent to have to some degree! ;)

Shadow Dragon
09-03-2002, 11:12 PM
Sumitori also do it.

Except they learn to massage them up there before a tournament/fight.

Not really usefull for SD or everyday usage.

Cheers.

Serpent
09-03-2002, 11:38 PM
Hey, this is interesting. It's not something I've done for ages and I've just discovered that I can't do it any more! :( I can still put them up there by hand, of course, but I can't "retract" them independantly any more. The technique is still there and I can tell that if I practised it again I would be able to do it again, but for now the talent has slipped away!

Ah, so many things to practice, so little time!

PLCrane
09-04-2002, 03:54 AM
Yes, the testes go up and down to maintain proper temperature for sperm production, which is a little below 98.6F. They are raised and lowered by the cremaster muscle, which surrounds the spermatic cord.

Serpent, when you were able to to this, how long did it take to pull them up? Was it a quick contraction, or did it take a few seconds to get them up.

I've been able to voluntarily raise and lower them a little bit, but it's like learning to wiggle your ears. Difficult to isolate the muscles.

mantis-1
09-04-2002, 05:41 AM
Raising the testicals, sun sook kit (is what I know it to be called)sorry for the spelling. my sifu can do this it was passed on to him by his father sigung Ip Sui. I don't know how this is done it is only passed on in the system late on as it can have drastic effects in trying to have children. Anyway he can take full blown kicks in the balls easily...but it's not something I have an urge to learn

Kristoffer
09-04-2002, 05:51 AM
How do you actually train for this skill? I'm comfused.. :confused:

Rolling Elbow
09-04-2002, 09:52 AM
...don't need to, mine practically do on their own whenever i play any sport whatsoever or workout! Natural protection! Go ahead, go Juko Kai on me!...but not too high or straight on from the front..thanks! :-/..its the strangest thing....maybe it is because i tense my body allot during physical exercise. I can tell you one thing though..playing hockey and being in a cold arena makes for embarassing times in the showers right after the game lol!

Ralek
09-04-2002, 10:27 AM
This one time at band camp I sucked my balls into the inside of my body.

ewallace
09-04-2002, 10:30 AM
That's pretty cool Ralek. Did you take yoga or are you naturally flexible? If I could do that I would never leave my house.

Or did you use a "crazy-straw" ?

Ralek
09-04-2002, 10:45 AM
No. Acutally i used my chi. One time i sucked my balls up way deep into my body all the way up to my stomach. Then i was afraid they would get stuck up there so i went into a deep meditaion to gather all my chi into a single point. Then i used the concentrated energy to force my balls back to their original position.

SevenStar
09-04-2002, 10:52 AM
quit lying. We all know you don't have any balls.

guohuen
09-04-2002, 10:56 AM
They're still just under the skin and suseptable to a front kick or jab. Evasion is a more usefull skill.

Kristoffer
09-04-2002, 11:17 AM
haha :D

The Willow Sword
09-04-2002, 11:51 AM
and Not this one?:rolleyes:

MRTWS

PHILBERT
09-04-2002, 01:11 PM
The Willow Sword, because this thread actually has somewhat of a martial art aspect rather than dominatrix BDSM stuff. Sure its a little strange, but we are discussing how to retract our testicles to protect ourself.

Kristoffer
09-04-2002, 01:15 PM
:D

The Willow Sword
09-04-2002, 01:25 PM
teaches this method of retraction.

PHILBERT
09-04-2002, 02:21 PM
TWS, recently a discussion (cant recall here or E-Budo) about Sumo. Its an urban legend, Sumo have no reason to retract them because any shots by the legs are not permitted in Sumo. They don't learn it.

Serpent
09-04-2002, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by PLCrane
Yes, the testes go up and down to maintain proper temperature for sperm production, which is a little below 98.6F. They are raised and lowered by the cremaster muscle, which surrounds the spermatic cord.

Serpent, when you were able to to this, how long did it take to pull them up? Was it a quick contraction, or did it take a few seconds to get them up.

I've been able to voluntarily raise and lower them a little bit, but it's like learning to wiggle your ears. Difficult to isolate the muscles.

It would take one or two seconds usually. Far too long for a self defence reaction, but ok if you can see a fight coming! ;)

Already, having thought about it and practised a few times, I can pull them higher again. Like you said, it's all about isolating the right muscles and using them properly. Hard work now though. It used to be easy for me.

PHILBERT
09-04-2002, 08:59 PM
The urban legend of Sumo retracting there testicles is because of the James Bond movie You Only Live Twice, where he visits Japan. One of the lines in the movie is about how the Sumo will retract the testicles before a fight for protection, even though groin shots are not permitted in Sumo. Racking a guy during a sporting match just aint right.

Yum Cha
09-04-2002, 11:54 PM
This is in the Pak Mei legend. The original Pak Mei himself was reputed to be able to perform this "trick" for what it's worth, if indeed he existed.

I think it is a universal exercise, not restricted to any style in particular.

The meditation required to train this is not much of a secret, the devotion to practice it is however much quite rare.

It appears that this dovetails in with the Taoist "tantric sex" techniques, pelvic floor exercises and any "internal fire" meditations, like (sp?) gundilini fire, Shou Jau Tin, or whatever...

The dangers, I would guess, are that this raises the temperature of the testies, which can lower your sperm count, as with wearing jocks instead of boxers.

At least this is my limited understanding of the phenomena.

No_Know
09-05-2002, 04:32 AM
guohuen, retraction is an evasion skill.

If yyou are caught or held they would pinch low to hit where they hang. If you could retract them into your pelvic area (bone) they would Miss.