PDA

View Full Version : A simple plea

TheAardvark
09-03-2002, 12:23 PM
Hello everyone. I just found this forum recently and after reading some posts, I have one thing to ask of everyone.

Please don't judge the wing chun community in Minneapolis by the postings of one person.

Most everyone that I train with is doing it for the love of the art, not for our egos.

Thanks

TjD
09-03-2002, 01:06 PM
well two people :)

don't worry i for one dont, but sometimes its nice to give them some $hit :D

{i^(
09-03-2002, 02:24 PM
Actually, it's good that you say this. I admit that I do not take seriously or kindly (in an immediate sense) to those that I know come from that quarter or Carl's Ohio students. Call it a prejudice, but they really haven't shown any patience or regard for others.

As they might say, "respect is EARNED". Hey: YOU'RE NOT EARNING ANY!!!!!! Not that I've got any, but I don't demand it, either.

yenhoi
09-03-2002, 03:03 PM
If we ever meet I will destroy you.

paquondicco
09-10-2002, 06:18 PM
I just wanted to back up The Aadvark's message. I've been with the Minneapolis group for a couple of years now, before we met Carl and switched systems.

We're always been a respectful group of people, in class and when I've seen my classmates outside of it. In fact, I've never heard the expression of some of the sentiments I've read here and was quite appalled.

I would dare say that anyone coming to visit us (which would be awesome!) would have a hard time picking out the ego that posted some of those messages.

Let us all learn together.

kj
09-10-2002, 06:38 PM
TheAardvark and paquondicco,

Bless you guys.

That sounds far more like the Minneapolis folks I've come to know and admire, as much for virtues of civility and humility as for your perseverance in pursuit of excellence.

<heavy sigh of relief>

Regards,
- Kathy Jo

John Weiland
09-10-2002, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by kj
TheAardvark and paquondicco,

Bless you guys.

That sounds far more like the Minneapolis folks I've come to know and admire, as much for virtues of civility and humility as for your perseverance in pursuit of excellence.

<heavy sigh of relief>

Regards,
- Kathy Jo
Having met some of the Minneapolis folks and finding them very agreeable, I echo KJ's sentiments.

Also, I would like to acknowledge that Jason has been much more thoughtful and respectful in his posts lately, which is a welcome finding. I think he's taking more time to formulate his opinions and is less prone to jump to conclusions. I assume that his peers have had a positive influence on this outcome.

I hope this calmer approach continues to prevail.

Regards all,

Rolling_Hand
09-10-2002, 09:50 PM
Quote:
-------------------------------------------------------------
Having met some of the Minneapolis folks and finding them very agreeable, I echo KJ's sentiments.
Also, I would like to acknowledge that Jason has been much more thoughtful and respectful in his posts lately, which is a welcome finding. I think he's taking more time to formulate his opinions and is less prone to jump to conclusions. I assume that his peers have had a positive influence on this outcome.
I hope this calmer approach continues to prevail.>>JohnWayne
-----------------------------------------------------------

John Wayne,

Eddie Murphy gave me these hints on speech-making: Be sincere...be brief...be seated.

rgds

Rolling_Hand

Beowulf
09-11-2002, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by Rolling_Hand

Eddie Murphy gave me these hints on speech-making: Be sincere...be brief...be seated.

rgds

Rolling_Hand
Rolling Spam,

You must be the most unremitting and worthless troll on the forum. :D

Rolling_Hand
09-11-2002, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Rolling Spam,

You must be the most unremitting and worthless troll on the forum. >>Beowulf

Am I too much a man to you?

So give yourself time to adjust.

hahaha.......

humm....

CLOUD ONE
09-11-2002, 03:37 PM
Th Aarvark-''Most everyone that I train with is doing it for the love of the art, not for our egos''

But is it your ego that makes you come on this forum?

OOPs Rolling hand they're on to you

:D