PDA

View Full Version : Choy Gar

Hansson
09-03-2002, 12:25 PM
My girlfriend has started training Choy Gar Kung Fu and I'm probably more curious about it than she is... I've found it's hard to find material about it - when I searched this site I found a post with a few links (of which all or all but one was directed to her club her in Stockholm, Sweden).

The only thing I know is the info on that site - that Choy Gar is one of five families styles (?) together with among others Hung Gar (which I guess is more well known).

Do someone know what's special with Choy Gar? If one should try to characterize it, how should that be?

Hansson
09-03-2002, 02:37 PM
The last time I searched the forum for Choy Gar info was a wee k ago... now I see this thread http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15688 where a nice soul explains a bit about Choy Ga Kuen... is that the same thing as Choy Gar?

FIRE HAWK
09-03-2002, 09:50 PM
The Choy Gar hand techniques come from the Five animals Dragon form and they are long hand techniques . I have on video tape four short hand sets that are from what is called Hakka Choy Gar these i got from Hawaii .

RENEGADE_MONK
09-04-2002, 12:51 PM
FireHawk,

Check your PM box:cool: