PDA

View Full Version : Passing of Grandmaster Chu Chi Man

Skarbromantis
09-03-2002, 01:05 PM
I hate to inform the Mantis community of the passing of Grandmaster Chu Chi Man. His funeral will be held at 19.30 on the 7th of September.

We have lost a great treasure in the mantis community.

Skard1

BeiTangLang
09-03-2002, 02:24 PM
Sad indeed. Deepest Sympathy to the CCM family.
~BTL

mantis108
09-03-2002, 05:58 PM
That's a grave lost for Master Chu's immediate family, the Seven stars, the greater Praying Mantis communities, and the Kung Fu world. I am sure he will be missed by many and his legacy will live on through the lineage.

Mantis108

mantisben
09-03-2002, 11:10 PM
GOD is Good!!! Chu Chi Man has went on to meet his maker, his Savior, his ancestors, and Wong Long! He is learning what LIFE was all about, the secrets of the world, and the universe.

I'll bet he now knows what the ORIGINAL Bung Bu looks like!!! The TRUE origins of Praying Mantis, and everything else have been revealed to him.

Yeah. He'll be missed by the Praying Mantis community and the Martial Arts community. Still, his knowledge of Martial Arts has been passed on to his successor, and I don't doubt, his many disciples and students.

Chu Chi Man has slid into to the purest plane of existence, and the most complete knowlege of everything that is, and will be...

Chu Chi Man has left this wicked, painful, and miserable world and has slipped into the BIGGEST and the BEST...

Skarbromantis
09-04-2002, 09:08 AM
Beautiful Post Mantisben, very beautiful .

Skard1

nathan chukueke
09-05-2002, 06:37 PM
The passing of Chu Chi Man is a great lost to all of us in his lineage and the martial arts world. His lost is very strongly felt by our teacher Chi Luen, because of their blood relationship. We also would like to give our heart-felt sympathy to his other direct family and students, we cannot measure their lost, only give our respect and consideration. There are many veins of Mantis coming from Northern China, but in our times, Chu Chi Man’s association and lineage of 7 Star is the one that is strongest felt here in the Eastern United States, as I am sure is the case in other places. We of the Chi Luen sect of Northern Mantis will try as much as we can to continue to teach and research the knowledge and wisdom of 7 star Mantis gung fu that has been handed dowm to us from the generous students Chu Chi Man. While not all of what we know comes from this lineage, much of what we teach does.

We the senior students of Chi Luen, while being known for our knowledge of the system are still very thankful to Chu Chi Man and his student for their preservation of the system. Because their efforts, we still have to much to learn and develop. For some us, gung fu has greatly influenced our lives, and has become a way life that transcends combat. We have entered into the world of developing humility, self-knowledge, and a more compassionate understanding of the road upon which we travel through our lives. We thank Chu Chi Man and his students for giving us useful tools and the nurturing our curiosity so we may continue to travel the road of life with a little more enlightened and courage.

Om Peace

Nathan Chukueke
Administrator
Northern Shaolin 7 Star Pray Mantis Association
Under Chi Luen

Fen
09-05-2002, 11:36 PM
Deepest Sympathy to the Chu Chi Man's immediate family, the Seven stars, and the greater Praying Mantis communities. From Shaolin Northwest, we send our prayers to the family, both immediate, and Kung Fu!

Sincerely,
Jason

NorthernMantis
09-06-2002, 10:29 AM
May he rest in peace.

phantom
09-16-2002, 03:59 PM
I am sorry to hear this. My deepest condolences to all of his family and friends.