PDA

View Full Version : Sun Style Taijiquan Videos

Whirlwind Palms
09-03-2002, 09:29 PM
In the class I attend, we have been studying Sun Style Taiji and Sun's Combined 12 Animal Hsing I. Can anyone recommend videos that depict these forms as it would make my training at home easier. Any suggestions will be appreciated (assuming they are constructive.)...

HispanicPalm
09-04-2002, 05:36 AM
I know Wing Lam Has a few Sun Tai-Chi Videos on his Website and from my knowledge he learned them from Sun Lu Tang's Daughter, Hope this Helps!!
The website is www.wle.com

Colin
09-04-2002, 08:11 AM
Hi,
May I suggest a look on ebay.com
There are several VCD's available showing SunLuTang's daughter performing the Sun tai chi form, Sun style Xing Yi Jian etc.
Check out seller "shopeasy4u".
The lady has many excellent VCD's available, and is very reliable.

Cheers
Colin........................

Whirlwind Palms
09-04-2002, 07:11 PM
For everyone that took their precious time to reply, I really appreciate it!

Thanks again,

Mark

GeneChing
09-05-2002, 01:15 PM
Check out the Sun video from our forum sponsor, MartialArtsMart.com. They carry the Sun compulsory by Aiping Cheng, there's even a little video clip online.

http://store.yahoo.com/martialartsmart/tc-bj004e.html

GeneChing
09-09-2002, 12:05 PM
We did a story on Aiping Cheng in our Mar/Apr 2002 issue - http://store.yahoo.com/martialartsmart/kf200108.html . In that story the author recounts her throwing around some big guys in push hands. I've never pushed with her (although my skill are pretty mediocre so that's no barometer) but she certainly has skill. I'll bear witness to that. To be one of the founding members of the Beijing Wushu Team and the one chosen to represent Sun in compulsories, she must be skilled. And even though she is known for the compulsory Sun form, she is well conected to the traditional too. The last time I saw Master Cheng, she told me of her recent visit to GM Sun Jianyun for the Sun Lutang memorial thing.