PDA

View Full Version : Just So You Understand.....

wushu chik
09-05-2002, 12:36 AM
OK, because some of you seem to be a bit confused on where your posts should go....I've compiled the perfect reference chart for you. It is here that you will find where everything that you wanna say should go! I am happy that I could be of such help, and I certainly hope that this comes in handy to A LOT of you. Occasionally, I will bring this back to the top of this MAIN FORUM, so that you will remember exactly what's to go in here. Again, I hope this helps......and no hard feelings. I just think some of you are a bit confused, and need a reminder every once in a while!!!

~Wen~

Kung Fu Forum
The flagship discussion roundtable of Kung Fu Magazine, open to all topics related to the Chinese Martial Arts.

Kung Fu Training and Health
Information exchange on the art and science of Kung Fu training, including fitness, performance, and injury rehab and prevention.

Shaolin Kung Fu
This form of boxing from Henan's Shaolin Temple is easily the most famous form of Chinese Kung Fu and has developed into countless styles and variations.

Northern Praying Mantis
The devastatingly effective system of Praying Mantis Boxing originated in the 17th century, was adopted by the Shaolin Temples and spread throughout China.

Southern Chinese Kung Fu
Forum dedicated to the Nan Quan arts such as Choy Lay Fut, Hung Gar, White Crane, Southern Praying Mantis and many more

Wing Chun
The world's most popular form of Southern Kung Fu, Wing Chun is characterized by short range power, center-line strategy and sticking and deflecting techniques.

Jeet Kune Do
A fresh new version of Kung Fu created by Bruce Lee, Jeet Kune Do has become world renown for combat effectiveness and blending of other martial techniques.

Street/Reality Fighting
Discussion of the application of Kung Fu techniques to modern self-defense, and the use of Kung Fu against other martial arts.

Taijiquan and the Internal Martial Arts
Open Discussion of Taijiquan (T'ai Chi Ch'uan) and the Internal Martial Arts, including Baguazhang and Xingyi.

Traditional Chinese Medicine
Information exchange on the Chinese way of Health and Healing, including acupuncture, herbal medicine and tuina bodywork.

Qigong and Meditation
All aspects of Qigong (Chi Kung) and the meditation arts and philosophies of the Chinese culture.

Martial Media and Popular Culture
Movies, Videogames, Fashion, Music, Popular Trends

Other Related Arts
Chinese Non-martial or meditative arts (ie. calligraphy, acupuncture, feng shui, TCM, etc.) and Non-Chinese martial and meditative arts (Karate, Tae Kwon Do, Muay Thai, Jujitsu, Yoga etc.)

Kungfu Qigong & KungfuMagazine.com
Comments on Kungfu Qigong Magazine, KungfuMagazine.com as well as TC Media produced videotapes.

rubthebuddha
09-05-2002, 12:41 AM
so where does far east fighting arts go? they're not all that martial, and the closest thing they have to art is the paint job on their iron palm stands.

:confused:

dezhen2001
09-05-2002, 02:46 AM
LOL rtb :D
Wen: good points :)

david

Crimson Phoenix
09-05-2002, 02:49 AM
Yeaahhh Wen, it's about time we talk about gong fu in here...
Nice call, my dear!!

KungFuGuy!
09-05-2002, 03:51 AM
Clearly we need a "general" or "unrelated" forum. Swordforum.com has one, why don't we?

dezhen2001
09-05-2002, 03:55 AM
i like Doc (at russbo.com) idea... he has a "general bullsh|t" section which is what mainly gets used :D

david

Royal Dragon
09-05-2002, 03:56 AM
So let me guesss, Your not going off to be a hermit, and I can't easily steal the kingdom??

Where did that thread go anyway?

dezhen2001
09-05-2002, 04:01 AM
in the deep dark recesses of your mind RD :D or should i say the KFO database :p Remembe rhow long it took between star wars episodes lol

david

Merryprankster
09-05-2002, 04:28 AM
So, like, where do the cogent comments posts go? Or the ones that don't necessarily have to do with CMA PER SE, but maybe fight strategy or personal observations from sparring experiences?

Just in case anybody is confused, that is.

Chang Style Novice
09-05-2002, 07:03 AM
I've always said that the main forum should include all chinese fighting arts, even those that have separate fora for themselves (Wing Chun, Shaolin, Internals, etc.) and that once it's that general it should also include all other martial arts. They're simply too relevant to discussion of chinese arts to be blacklisted from here.

If anyone really believes kf is sooooooooooo special that other arts should be sent to a ghetto, they can **** off. Grow up and get a little humility, know what I mean?

apoweyn
09-05-2002, 07:11 AM
i love you, chang style novice, and i want to have your baby. but i'll settle for thanking you on behalf of the legitimate but non-CMA posters here at KFO.

wushu chik, my question is the same as merryprankster's. are you suggesting that legitimate discussion that pertains to martial arts in general should be relegated to the 'other arts' forum? if so, i disagree. we all know that jack and sh*t goes on in that forum. and, if people are posting in a responsible manner, i see no reason for us to be 'evicted.'

if you're talking about the nonsense being ejected to another forum, i'm more inclined to agree with you. but then, trolls aren't terribly likely to comply, are they.

stuart b.

ewallace
09-05-2002, 07:26 AM
This is really the wrong forum to post this thread in Wendy.

Fen
09-05-2002, 09:37 AM
This is going to be good one!:D

HuangKaiVun
09-05-2002, 09:46 AM
I would love to see ONE kung fu forum that encompasses everything.

Fragmentation of the arts does work here, but I always wished that we had a single forum that everybody could cross ideas and barbs in.

Many of us (including myself) are interested in learning about other arts and those who practice them. If there were just one huge forum here, that would be even easier to do.

SevenStar
09-05-2002, 10:38 AM
I thought the wing chun forum was for debates about lineage and politics! :D

GunnedDownAtrocity
09-05-2002, 10:54 AM
wen ... i can understand your point, but think about how much less traffic there would be here if it weren't for the off topic posts. maybe that doesn't sit well with some because this is a kung fu forum, but i would personally rather not see any more of a loss in forum activity. the forum is staganant enough as is. the extra traffic, brought in for whatever reason, also adds to the posting on kung fu related topics.

wushu chik
09-05-2002, 11:09 AM
GDA, AP, CSN, MP....

I'm not talking about merely "other styles"....I am talking stuff like the pot thread, and all the temple kung fu crap, etc. I think the maiin forum is for all of us to hang out and talk about ALL styles...BUT, when we start fighting over all the same crap, and the same threads been posted 1000 different times, 1000 same ways, it's time for it to be gone. Like TKF...etc... Apowen....I think that talking about NON CMA styles on the main is kewl, BUT, like i said....if its said 1000 times, the same way, it doesn't need to be there anymore!!!

And, personally, I think off topic posts are all kewl, but com on....i am so sick and tired of seeing everytime i go on there stupid meaningless sh!t. And, I know i am NOT the only one....

~Wen~

ewallace
09-05-2002, 11:12 AM
I think you need a vacation from the forum wen. Might I suggest Amsterdam?

wushu chik
09-05-2002, 11:19 AM
Ahhhh Amsterdam.....

Sure Eric, wanna go with me??

~wen~

Hau Tien
09-05-2002, 11:29 AM
Oh wait... she's not.

Honestly, Wendy... your last few posts on the forum have really made you look really bad. You seem... tense. If it's because of a few posts on an INTERNET forum, ewallance is right, and you need to take a break. It's simply not worth getting excited over, especially since you don't have the ability to change any of it.

If, however, it makes you feel better, then by all means continue.

ewallace
09-05-2002, 11:38 AM
sure wendy. I've been in the same kind of mood lately. We could go to Amsterdam, kick the crap out of each other, and then go get some ...ahh coffee afterwards. Yeah that's it...coffee.

wushu chik
09-05-2002, 11:40 AM
By all means, I will continue. You know why?? Because of people like you that just don't get it!! But, if you think you can give me a run for my money...go ahead...PLEASE CONTINUE!!

~Wen~

ewallace
09-05-2002, 11:41 AM
Fine. Forget Amsterdam. I didn't want to go with you anyways.

:)

wushu chik
09-05-2002, 11:44 AM
Eric-
I wasn't talking to YOU...jeez. Sorry!!

~wen~

Hau Tien
09-05-2002, 11:44 AM
A... run for your money... righto... This is a big contest or something. (No... wendy doesn't take this internet stuff too seriously at all)

Do you read the stuff you post before you post it? How silly it sounds? You only make yourself look like a loudmouth. *shrug* My opinion of you has totally changed.

In any case, you're certainly not worth taking any more time to converse with, so I'm simply going to ignore anything I see from you in the future.

Catch ya later.

Lisa
09-05-2002, 11:49 AM
No, a kung fu forum isn't supposed to be about pot, politics, Bruce Lee's testicles, etc., but I agree with GunnedDownAtrocity. It does contribute to traffic in the forum. And if people do respond to these threads, then obviously some people want to read them. I'm not sure why this is even a discussion.

If you don't want to read something, then don't read it.

It really is as simple as that. If you do read it, don't get all mad about it. If anything, be mad at yourself for opening and reading something that is clearly labelled as something that doesn't interest you. But don't speak for everyone and say that no one wants to read it.

Lisa

wushu chik
09-05-2002, 11:49 AM
As if your opinion matters to me. It's not a contest...it's called respect....

If you had ANY at all, you'd understand what I'm talking about. You wouldn't be posting this sh!t, and we wouldn't be having this conversation.

~Wen~ :)

ewallace
09-05-2002, 11:52 AM
All right...that's it. Lisa, Hau Tien, Wushu Chik, everyone into bathing suits. Meet at the pool in five minutes. There you will proceed to beat the **** out of each other with foam noodles.

apoweyn
09-05-2002, 12:15 PM
wushu chik,

well, then, i think we're in agreement on the idea. but i'm not really digging the delivery much. popping into threads you personally don't like and snapping off a couple of snide comments isn't really the way to effect change, in my opinion.

personally, i'd love to see less threads about bruce lee's nuts. but i'd also like to see a little less "this is what this forum's about, and if you disagree, you're a fool."

stuart b.

wushu chik
09-05-2002, 12:59 PM
Agreeable Ap!! What can I say, I snapped because of some of the lame ass threads that have been on here for the last...oh...4 months! It was the whole temple KF one that got to me...and that's what did it!!! So, i do apologize.......but I still stand by my judgement......ignorant or not!! :rolleyes: Anyways, have a great day guys.....I'm done!!

~Wen~

Robbie
09-05-2002, 01:01 PM
You might take note of the fact that everytime the mods start moving threads to their relevant forums everyone gets in a huff because almost no one bothers going to the other areas, and the other forums have less traffic because people post stuff here. A nice catch-22.
You want the main forum to be more relevant. Try to convice the mods to keep moving off-topic post for more than a day or two. After a couple weeks people might learn to use all the forums. :eek:

GunnedDownAtrocity
09-05-2002, 01:25 PM
if lisa and wen will agree to settle their differences in bikinis ill come and film it.

Lisa
09-05-2002, 01:51 PM
"if lisa and wen will agree to settle their differences in bikinis ill come and film it."

That's disgusting. Completely out of the question! Hmmm... but if people were willing to pay to watch... I mean NO! It's disgusting!

apoweyn
09-05-2002, 01:54 PM
wushu chik,

god knows i can understand that much. it gets frustrating here. i'm annoyed myself.

anyway, here's hoping that we can turn things around, one way or another.

stuart b.

TaoBoy
09-05-2002, 04:54 PM
A discussion on ham sammichs should be posted in which section?

:D

David Jamieson
09-05-2002, 05:03 PM
All ham sammich threads should be posted at alt.ham.sammich over on usenet.

But seriously, many peeps here post good stuff, on the other hand many post drivvle that makes sifting the threads tedious.

What are you gonna do?
To sort of borrow on a theme from honest abe, you can please some of the people some of the time, you can even please all of the people some of the time but you can't please all of the people all of the time.

peace

diego
09-05-2002, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Kung Lek
All ham sammich threads should be posted at alt.ham.sammich over on usenet.

But seriously, many peeps here post good stuff, on the other hand many post drivvle that makes sifting the threads tedious.

What are you gonna do?
To sort of borrow on a theme from honest abe, you can please some of the people some of the time, you can even please all of the people some of the time but you can't please all of the people all of the time.

peace

uno i read abe freed the slaves then past a bill where exslave- new convicts could be sold back to thier plantation as cheap prison labor, and they had it set up so you steal a loaf of bread you get ten years, then agian your a slave...when they freed the slaves where did the slaves go how many had to steal?.

Abe doesnt seem so honest, i read yah he freed the slaves but thats cuz he had to!?.

Royal Dragon
09-05-2002, 06:49 PM
It's NOT Ham Sammiches, it's BAAAACON Sammiches!!!

Get it right!!:D

wooha
09-06-2002, 07:43 AM
I've got to confess, it's the off-topic threads that keep me coming back here during my bored hours when I should be working. Don't get me wrong, I do like to use this forum to have a serious on-topic discussion as well every now and then, but I enjoy reading all the crap that gets posted around here (I even enjoyed reading about Bruce Lee's testicles). There are some real comedians around here that often make me chuckle to myself and brighten up my day just a little bit. If it wasn't for them I'd probably find this place fairly dull.

I can't see why anyone should get annoyed about an off-topic thread unless it's about something that upsets them personally. You don't have to read all the posts, just look at the title and decide not to read the thread.

To get annoyed that the pot thread or the TKF thread are proving so popular kind of suggests to me that you feel left out because it's a topic you're personally not interested in. Like you haven't been invited to the party or something. Otherwise surely you'd just ignore them and leave everyone else to have their fun.

The Willow Sword
09-06-2002, 07:58 AM
A MOUTHBOXING section where we can go to spout whatever it is we feel we need to spout. and the MODERTORS SHOULD police the other forums more frequently and delete nonrelated posts and BS. Its not censorship in my book,,i would call it "Herding"
Just getting the sheep to the right pen ,,so to speak.

MRTWS:D

dnc101
09-06-2002, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by Merryprankster
So, like, where do the cogent comments posts go?

Merry, I'm afraid you will have to find another forum for those!

wushu chik
10-06-2002, 04:11 AM
Just keeping you all on your feet. TOld you I'd bring it back up every once in a while...for sh!ts and giggles no less. And YES, this is for MY memory as well!! :D

~Wen~

Former castleva
10-06-2002, 07:49 AM
That text can be found from forum index,wushu chick...
Not to say we would understand to take advantage of that.

guohuen
10-06-2002, 08:59 AM
Read Lincolns papers throughout his whole career. Then read what Frederich Douglas had to say about him. The racist revisionist historians have done a good job of distorting the truth. The truth is (unless Lincoln was lying his entire adult life) that he abhored slavery and wrote about it frequently throughout his whole career.

Royal Dragon
10-06-2002, 03:13 PM
You said
"Agreeable Ap!! What can I say, I snapped because of some of the lame ass threads that have been on here for the last...oh...4 months! "

Reply]
Um Excuse me hunny, but weren't you one of the main charecters in a FANTASY story where the evil Emperor got screwed out of your Kingdom?

What relevance does THAT have to Kung Fu???

I say leave it all as it is, the Kung Fu fourm is the main multi topic forum where everything is allowed. We all meet here, and EVERYone looks at THIS forum. Heck, I didn't even know we had a Wing Chun forum until reacently.

African Tiger
10-06-2002, 03:36 PM
Now THAT would be a perfect vacation -

Me - high as a kite, Wen wearing that wonder woman outfit and a pair of 6" stilletto heels, both of us sipping coffee at an Amsterdam cafe....

Somebody call a travel agent, and a really good baby sitter!!!!

wushu chik
10-06-2002, 04:57 PM
RD~
Calm down man, it's a joke. I was just going thru some old threads...and this seemed like a good one to bring back up!! ;) . Also, I believe that the KFO movie thread was OVER 4 months ago. I don't remember though...it's been a while!

Calm down man, it was meant to be funny....you know, HA HA!!

~Wen~

Royal Dragon
10-06-2002, 05:45 PM
Hey, don't tell me to calm down!!!! Unless you want to hand over the Kingdom of course!!!!:D

Seriously though, Iwas attempting to be silly. It was a toung in cheek post. You may notice that I hardly post anyhitng seriously anymore. I'm just a complete goof now!!!!

See Chickie Poo, your problem is you take me too seriously. I think it has to do with all that "Kidnapping" stuff from before

I'm really sorry about all that. You have to indersatnd, as an Evile Emperor, I pretty much honor bound to Kidnap people, and conquer their Kingdoms. I just can't help myself. It's nothing personal mind you, just buisness. Thats why I shut your forum down before, because I'm evil.

Chang Style Novice
10-06-2002, 08:53 PM
I'd rather see Afrrican Tiger in the Wonder Woman outfit. Not 'cause it would turn me on, but that kind of thing cracks me up.

Silumkid
10-06-2002, 09:37 PM
Yeah, ya know, that story Wendy started got dropped like a sack of rocks because initially, it was a good idea. Then, 30 other retards had to interject garbage that had nothing to do with anything and totally ruined the original intent. Yeah, even the so-called "good guys" ruined it, so if you are taking offense to this, I'm probably referring to you.

Too many cooks spoil the soup has never been more true.

How's this for an idea? Take a little initiative and start your own story next time. Let the creators create...you may like the end result even without your so-called "genius interjections". Remember all those great movies and songs you love? Not a one of them had a D*mn thing to do with YOU.

Ryu
10-06-2002, 11:42 PM
Yeah but all of you loved me as the "hero" :D

You all loved me!

Ryu

Xebsball
10-07-2002, 07:38 AM
Whateva dude, i architectured Volcano's death.

Volcano Admim
10-07-2002, 07:48 AM
Yeeeeeeah, no s.hit, son.

KC Elbows
10-07-2002, 07:57 AM
Silum just quit drinking coffee, methinks.:eek: