PDA

View Full Version : For those who are not arm-chair "gon-sau wongs"..

8StalksOfRice
09-05-2002, 09:26 AM
I gotta give it to Emin, he's a no-nonsense realistic guy...

We know you are organizing Wing Tzun tournaments. Can you tell us something about it?

Emin Boztepe : Next year we'll start. They will be no rule fights, the end will be only for give up or KO. There will be protection for head, chest and groin, but even with the helmet you will see a lot of KO's.
At first there will be small tournaments in every EBMAS school, which will send the best fighters to the regional and national championships. In 2004 in Los Angeles hopefully there will be the first World Championship, with the support of the best martial arts magazines in the world.
This Turnaments are nt Mendatory, it is for the young fighters to prove them selves and to see which attacks and deffencive moves are working under stress. So we can improve the beginner levels programs much better it is like a Car manyfactorer who is doing Crash tests at the same time as Racing in Formula one to improve ther Skill, Tecnics and so on.

Merryprankster
09-05-2002, 09:35 AM
Cool. Will they allow fighters from other styles?

S.Teebas
09-05-2002, 10:34 AM
Where did you get this info? And is it only EMBAS or are other WC schools allowed to enter?

8StalksOfRice
09-05-2002, 10:45 AM
www.ebmas.net

Knowing his character I would venture that it would be open to anybody if not to other WC schools. In fact I believe I read on his site it would be open to anybody. He stated he is doing this because of the wing chun world's propensity to just talk blab and do nothing.

I am glad Mr. No Nonsense it about to turn the wing chun world upside down.. out of most of the masters he is certainly a breath of fresh air.

No I'm not his student..
the dude travels all the time

:D

AndrewS
09-05-2002, 10:50 AM
This is in-house only for the first couple of years. While the plan is to start up in 2003, those of us around the HQ are anticipating 2004 for a more realistic date (based on the work it takes to organize things like this, and other ongoing efforts eating up a lot of time).

Again, initially, this will be only EBMAS students. It may open up after we're a bit more comfortable and have tweaked the format to something less likely to induce serious injury (I'm not a fan of rounds going past 2mins, and think 1min to 90 seconds is probably for the best, safety-wise, but the words 'no-time limit' have also kicked around).

Later,

Andrew

reneritchie
09-05-2002, 12:41 PM
Andrew,

Sound nifty (of course, I suspect you do this all the time anyway and are just getting around to dressing it up and formalizing it a little?)

I wonder if you ever go beyond "in-house" (or even if it stays that way), will California MAA rules be imposed on you, or any other form of regulation?

RR

Sui
09-06-2002, 06:11 AM
can you honestly say this is w/c just b/c emin botez teaches w/c?

would it be great?i'm not so sure that it would.i personaly have never found emin botez that great in the feild of w/c and leung tin has other students that are great in his style of w/c.

old jong
09-06-2002, 06:59 AM
I guess he just found out that he could make some more cash as a promotor by having some poor guys fighting for him!

black and blue
09-06-2002, 07:19 AM
Whether it's promotional or not... will we see anyone from this forum turning up to test their skill?

Many people have critiqued Emin's Wing Tsun, and many here have said they've fought for real and used their Wing Chun to do so.

This event would be WC against WC. I hope some of this forum's big posters turn up to demonstrate their skills.

Grendel
09-11-2002, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by black and blue
Whether it's promotional or not... will we see anyone from this forum turning up to test their skill?

Many people have critiqued Emin's Wing Tsun, and many here have said they've fought for real and used their Wing Chun to do so.

This event would be WC against WC. I hope some of this forum's big posters turn up to demonstrate their skills.
If there's an opportunity for outsiders to compete, will someone please post it when the time comes?

I'd be interested if I'm not too old by then. :D

Regards,