PDA

View Full Version : To DF

Lilian Wong
09-19-2001, 09:18 AM
Hello DF,

I’m just telling what was written.
It was about “Ho who was a student of Dang Jee. He and his brother Fong were ..”
Now the page has disappered. (This site already exist long time, bu tnow has many new things on Hung Kuen)

I dont’ know how true it is. It’s all very relative, just as the thigns written by Jee Chi Wei at the WFH mueseum. Most original writings have been lost when school of WFH burned down.

Starting? No, not at all.
Doesn’t the agreement read “accept different view of others” instead of “Jee Chi Wie poeple have won”? So I read many times “Dang is a student of WFH”, then I do not say every time “Why do you start?” It also means when other people write other things you will not react like that. Or am I wrong?
So I can also ask you now “ Do you start?”

What happened in New York is a very bad thing. It happened to all the world. People of many countries working there. Even two brothers are missing who just moved there.

Lilian Wong

illusionfist
09-20-2001, 02:06 AM
Well based from what was said on the website, i think you are incorrect.

I dont understand how a thread about a trip to promote the system as a WHOLE gets turned into this. You totally changed the subject of the thread on purpose. What was the point of stating that Tang Fung was a student of Lam Sai Wing?

Here we go again...

Peace :D

DF
09-20-2001, 02:30 AM
Can you tell me are you a member of the Hung Ga family, if so which lineage and line and are you speaking on behalf of your lineage?

The whole lineage issue is a family matter, and it will only be discussed among authorized family members. Members of the different Hung Ga families know who I am , so when I put something out in the public, it is the position of Tang Fong/Yuen Ling clan.

Please answer the questions that I posted, if you are not a member of the family, I don't see the point of carrying on with topic of conversation.

Please don't take this the wrong way, we worked very hard trying to bring all the families back together again and it is still an ongoing process.
There are still issues that needed to be resolved, so emotions are still running high at this moment. Anyone who cares about the Hung Ga family, the best thing to do is not bring up sensitive issues in public and let us do our work.

DF

bean curd
09-20-2001, 12:17 PM
interesting how an inoccent conversation on the WFH museum, bring someone out to make a blunt statement on lineage again.

lilian why would you bring such a thing to that conversation, what purpose do you have for this??

i would also be interested to know if you are a hung kuen player and what lineage you come from??

you bring up the issue of the "joint statement" of yee chi wai sifu and lam chun fai sifu, yet you obviously didn't read it properly, or you wouldn't have written what you did,

so who are you from ???

L D S
09-20-2001, 01:01 PM
Can I still post new neutral topics?
The topic on the WFH Museum was not meant to start a discussion on lineage, etc.
Stick to the subject of the topic is the best thing.

Ling

Lilian Wong
09-20-2001, 04:16 PM
And who are you?

But yes, I practice Hung Kuen.
Yes, in my lineage there are several things told different as Jee Chi Wei does.

Why did I put it. Because I was asked to check what the agrement mean and if would benefit my lineage too. But from your reaction it seems it only means others should shut up, only Dang Fong people here can say what is told in their lineage.
If I understand wrong, please tell me what you mean, because:

My father (the third son of Wong Hon Hei, in turn son of Wong Fei Hung) and greatuncle (Lee Chan Wor) are thinking about writing a statement right now to set some thing straight about Mok Gwei Lam and Dang Fong.

Lilian Wong,

Wong Hei Sam / Mok Gwei Lam Kuen, HK

L D S
09-20-2001, 04:37 PM
If they, your father and your greatuncle, have something to tell this forum, please let them do so Lilian.
I am interested in what they have to tell us.

Ling

DF
09-20-2001, 06:42 PM
The joint statement does not mean that only Tang Fong people get to talk and everyone else shut up.
The purpose of the joint statement is to calm the situtation so that the whole Hung Family can stay intact.

You asked what does the joint statement meant, let me put it to you this way. It might be easier for everyone to understand.

The history of all different lineages are mostly passed down verbally. If you look deep into the history of every lineages, there will be many differences and contradictions. No one can say for sure 100% that he or she is corrected. This is true not limited to the Hung Family history but all history and life as a whole. Does that mean we cannot get along because what was told to me is different from what was taught to you.

View the purpose of the statement like how we view religion nowaday. Different religious leaders and followers accept and tolerate the teaching of different religion and yet at the same devote to their own teaching. If we don't and take the extreme role,look at what is happening in the Middle East and the recent event in New York. At this moment in time, we are trying to teach our students to be proud of our own history and at the same time respect others people views as well.

The statement you made on the other thread, how should I put it,was not politically correct, lol. It might not be your intention and there might have been misunderstanding on my part. My intention is trying to maintain and honor the agreement made between my Sifu and Sifu Lam Chun Fai.

DF

bean curd
09-21-2001, 04:56 AM
lillian

first off i am not from tang fong lineage but lam tsai wing lineage, so not everyone says what you are trying to imply.

second, i have never heard what you are saying in referance to tang fong people also as a matter of fact i have never heard from any lineage of hung kuen that say they are right and everyone else is wrong.

what i hear is differing opinions on history, and some say things that others don't like and to an extent try to make it out to be the only truth, but never to tell someone else to shut up as you have put it.

the issue of sensitivity is when a direct insult or apparent insult is dirrected to one of the elders, this without question is wrong, but to differance of history between lineages is not a point of argument but discussion - each to their own.

as to ho wah and dang yee this has been known for many years on the teaching of dang yee, as to dang fong, they speak for themselves and not my place to come in on that conversation.

i would also be interested in listening to what your family has to say on matters, everything spoken, whether one takes it on or not is worth listening too.

ling,

you are right, what you wrote was pure neutral topic which could have become an interesting topic, it appears however, instead of someone using there own voice to bring something to everyone's attention, they used your voice to interject, not good mo duk on their part.

Kung Fu Fanatic
09-26-2001, 08:39 PM
Lilian, I would very much like get in touch with you on behalf of a very close friend. In 1970 my friend studied with your great uncle at Salesian. In the late eighties, my friend return to Hong Kong and was able to visit with your great uncle but the visit was very brief and rushed, and my friend has since completely lost contact with your great uncle. Please send me a private email, so I can get in touch with you and perhaps through you, get in contact with your great uncle for my friend. Thanks.