PDA

View Full Version : Bruce Lee: "Unsettled Matters"

Wilson
09-06-2002, 06:03 AM
Anybody read the book Unsettled Matters by Tom Bleeker? Its about Bruce Lee's life and the topics that no one talks about. Like drug and steriod abuse, problems with the Hong Kong mafia, adulterous acts, and a theory of what happened around his death.

I'm a huge Bruce Lee fan and love what he's done for martial arts and kung fu movies, don't get me wrong. This book, however, tells stories about the real man and some of his flaws (or maybe that he is just human and not a god like some make him out to be). I know we all have flaws so I'm not going to dog him.

Wanted to see what people's opinions are on this.

BTW - I think this book has been pulled from shelves. I got it at a seminar for $5.00 and now I see it on amazon used for like $60-$80 (paperback!) Maybe I should sell it!!

LEGEND
09-08-2002, 03:02 PM
Tom Bleeker dated Linda Lee for a short time no???
Anywayz it was well known that Bruce Lee did sleep around while in HK. However his death relating to the TRIADs is BS. There was just no reason for it. He took a pill he was allergic too while banging a BETTY PING( a HK actress ) and died. Hey...what a way to go eh???

Ryu
09-09-2002, 02:48 PM
Gimme a break, and give the poor guy his peace.

Not one of us were around him, and "he said, she said" stuff is rude of the dead in a lot of ways. (The living too). Bruce was a human being just like anyone else. He made mistakes just like anyone else. His personality made him strive for what was best in himself. It makes little sense that he'd ignore the 'best ways' of himself in an ethical sense...
Regardless, Bruce is dead, so don't poke him so much. ;)

Ryu

Wilson
09-09-2002, 03:53 PM
Ryu, did you read the book? Thanks for the response. It did focus on the negative, probably too much. It did, however tell about some things that are not talked about. Bruce is/was in the public eye and many are fans, myself included. Showing that he is not perfect like everyone made him out to be just shows that he is human, just like the rest of us, with incredible talent. At the same time, trying to make him look perfect to sell his image is probably just as wrong.

Figured others would opinions of this book, and if they have other facts to add. Never a shortage of opinions on this forum.

LEGEND
09-10-2002, 08:20 PM
Hey Michael Jordan cheated on his wife! LOL...it's true public persona is everything to stars. But Bruce only made 4 movies...and he was only acting for 5 years. Before that he was very involved with martial arts.