PDA

View Full Version : @ AndrewS

Tristan
09-06-2002, 08:07 AM
What do you think of the recent interview of Emin Boztepe in Combat Magazine?
Especially what he says about LT en KRK!

T.

AndrewS
09-06-2002, 08:55 AM
. . . must. . . not. . . talk . . . politics . . . must . . . not . talk. . politics. . must . . resist. .

Hell, like I ever could. Sifu calls him as he sees them, and is no longer restrained by having any party line but his to toe. The whole split was a mess, and without getting into detail, he has excellent reason to feel betrayed and reassess many pieces of long-held dogma. He's even made some complimentary statements about some Wing Chun outside of the WT community of late, an absolute no-no under the prior administration.

Personally, I really don't think who learned from who means that much- at the end, it's the skills, and Leung Ting is an excellent exponent and teacher of the system. Comments on the sacrifice of student quality to economic advantage are dead on. While not every technician will be a full-on fighter or exquisite technical exponent of the art, there needs to be a certain understanding of the art- one which has been sacrificed to gold at times.

FWIW,

Andrew

reneritchie
09-06-2002, 09:16 AM
What the heck, link?????

RR

AndrewS
09-06-2002, 09:33 AM
Rene,

try www.ebmas.net

Andrew

reneritchie
09-06-2002, 10:49 AM
Thanks!

kj
09-06-2002, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by AndrewS
. . . must. . . not. . . talk . . . politics . . . must . . . not . talk. . politics. . must . . resist. .

ROFLOL. You made my day, Andrew. :D
- kj

BeiKongHui
09-06-2002, 12:06 PM
Interesting article. Thanks for sharing. I notice Emin mentions the time it takes to complete the WT system being excessive. How long does he expect it to take his students?:cool:

AndrewS
09-06-2002, 02:32 PM
Bei,

as long as it takes to develop reasonable quality?

Probably 12-15yrs to make it through the formal material for 5th PG training under good instruction with consistent effort. Dunno what's going to happen with the weapons.

Later,

Andrew

Tristan
09-10-2002, 04:33 AM
Dunno what's going to happen with the weapons.

Later,

Andrew What weapons, the Latosa escrima sticks and knives? ;) ;) ;)

T.

AndrewS
09-10-2002, 12:08 PM
Hey Tristan,

no, I have a fairly good idea of what will happen with the Latosa weapons.

Later,

Andrew