PDA

View Full Version : Kung Fu Documentary on the Discovery Channel!

logic
09-08-2002, 10:22 AM
Asian martial arts - Kung Fu students train - karate - ninjitsu - Tai Chi.

Sunday Night September 8, at 8:00 PM east coast time on The Discovery Channel

chen zhen
09-08-2002, 10:57 AM
it has already been here in europe on September 1. There where three MA programs in a row, and they where good. Unfortunately, there where not enough space on my tape, so I only got 20 minutes of the last show, the most interesting of them. ******!:mad:

rogue
09-08-2002, 12:15 PM
Followed by Gladiatrix at 9, "Ancient Roman women fight to the death".

Visions of my comare and her friends fighting over the last fresh calamari in the sea food store.

logic
09-08-2002, 02:46 PM
Just got back from a friends house. (Judo expert)

He said, that he heard, grandmaster Duan Zhiling and his wife Tian will be on this documentary and also william C.C. Chen.

Now, I don't put to much credibility behind this.
Some of these guys are probably thinking of another documentary they saw.

dre
09-08-2002, 09:16 PM
All I saw as Shaolin, Shaolin , Shaolin. Then Contempo Wushu. . .

Sigh.

Bolt
09-09-2002, 07:18 AM
I've seen a couple of these "documentary" shows in the last few months. They are sooo superficial and narrow. I find about 2-4 minutes of each interesting. The rest is ...... well, not. Any one know of something with some true depth or information. Discovery and others are just trying to capitalize on the whole martial arts popularity thing. Probably ok for those that know little, but for others that have interest in detail or substantial info, it's extremely lacking and far too broad.
IMHO.

Kristoffer
09-10-2002, 06:25 AM
Agree with Bolt. I only found the pieces with Cung Le interesting.

GeneChing
09-10-2002, 10:13 AM
I was an advisory to that documentary. You'll see me tucked in the credits somewhere. At least I got a credit for that one. As an advisor, all you can do is give advice, they don't always take it. I'm glad that they at least gave me some credit, which is better than some others have done.

ewallace
09-10-2002, 10:18 AM
Don't worry Gene, when I'm on the streets talking to others about KFO I usually say "Yeah, and there's this guy on there that goes by 'GeneChing', he is a very good contributer to the forum".

Fu-Pow
09-10-2002, 11:01 AM
I noticed that the show perpetuated alot of the myths/legends about Shaolin as fact. When in fact these myths/legends are highly debated. I thought "tiger of shaolin" was really good. You can tell he has a traditional background. I also liked the part about Cung Le.

GeneChing
09-10-2002, 02:01 PM
Thanks buddy! I appreciate the plug. Can you get them to buy more at MartialArtsMart.com too? :p

logic
09-10-2002, 04:25 PM
The Cung Le part I liked.

The movie making part with Donny Yen was boaring.

I already had this one on tape from 1 1/2 years ago.
I also liked the san shou part right before Cung Le.
I listen to what they say.
I listen to what other documentaries have to say.
I listen to what other martial artist say.
I listen to what my sifu says.
and I listen to the martial artist on K.F.O. and listen to what they have to say.
Then, try and draw a conclusion.:cool: :p