PDA

View Full Version : Any Northern New Jersey Schools?

Sintrik
09-09-2002, 02:45 PM
hey was up im new, and i was wondering if there are any NPM schools near essex or morris county in New Jersey. I reall want to take the course so please if u could help me. thanx

phantom
09-09-2002, 04:02 PM
Sifu Andy Schirmacher teaches 7* mantis in New Jersey, I believe in Avenel. The name of his school is something like Wu Kung Tai Chi Chuan Center. I hope this helps. Peace.

Sintrik
09-09-2002, 04:24 PM
yea yo thanx manns....

Dachengdao
09-19-2002, 03:40 PM
Hi Sintrik,
I have class every Thursday from 5-8PM in Ridgewood at 100 Dayton Street. The first 90 minutes is Mantis & Weapons, and last 90 mins is internal kung fu (Dachengquan). I am the lineage holder for Hao style Northern Plum Blossom Mantis. Come out for a visit to see how you like it.
Grandmaster Wang

Tainan Mantis
09-20-2002, 07:06 AM
Dachengdao,
Your teacher is Hao Wei Zhi?
I have not been able to find any information on him.
Could you please tell us about him?

Also, I find that different PM lineages descended from Liang Hsuehsiang have quite a few differences.

Some have one long jai yao form others have 6 or 7.

In the Ba zhou form some have many kicks and jump kicks and some have almost none or very few.

Some have beng bu performed for two people and some don't.

Some list 8 elbows techniques as using only the elbow others seem to list the elbow as meaning a short part of the body unrelated to your actual elbow.
In which case the 12 pan zhou is also taught.

What is your view on these different aspects?

Dachengdao
09-20-2002, 04:59 PM
Thank you for your interest in my teacher, Hao Wei Zhi. He learned the Plum Blossom style from his grandfather who began teaching him as soon as he could walk. He's from San Dun Yintai, China and died in his late 60's August 1995. He was the only son to his father, and he had three children but none studied Kung Fu which is how I came to be the first person outside of the Hao family to inherit the lineage. I will be changing my website soon and will have more info available about him as well as video footage. I'll send you a private message when it's ready so you can see.
As for Jai yao, it is one form which is usually broken into 6 components. Originally it was seven, but the last is so difficult that it is rarely learned. Most students are only taught one to three components until the master determines that they are serious enough to learn more.
Ba zhou doesn't have so much kicking. Mantis kicks are very low, staying below the waist.
Plum blossom doesn't have bang bu like 7th star does.
Elbow part is taught as an integration of whole body movement. The elbow is the strongest weapon of the body, at least from a mantis standpoint.
Which style of mantis do you teach?

Tainan Mantis
09-22-2002, 07:33 AM
Dachengdao,
My info of Hao family PM comes from Ilya Profatilov.
Earlier this year I had a chance to visit and study with him on the Taiji Ba Zhou.
Although I don't know how it differs from your version.

Ilya's grandteacher, Chen Yuntao, learned from Hao Henglu.
Is that Hao Wei Zhi's father?
He also completed his studies with Song Zide's grandson Wang Yuanchien.

I also visited and studied with Robert Hui(Mantis108).
His TJPM is somewhat different especially in having more kicks in Ba Zhou.
It has a stronger emphasis of Taizu Longfist

I teach 7* PM. This Taiwan version is somewhat different from the HK and Mainland version.
Also my weapon method can't be considered part of the old PM tradition.
According to my talks with Ilya Profatilov the weapons in Liang Hsue Hsiang's pu I don't know.

In Taiwan I studied with Shr Zhengzhong since 1989.
The Taiwan situation is unique as there were many different Shandong masters who came here after 1949.
So you can see 8 Step, 7*, Mei Hua, a new style called Mimen, which can be considered another branch of TJPM, 6 Harmony.
Also are many other Northern styles here.

So I have studied a variety, but at this point my comprehension is in 7*.

When you change your website or post footage no need for a private message. I'm sure that the entire PM community would love to have the oppurtunity to see more types of PM.

Dachengdao
09-23-2002, 10:18 AM
Hi Tainan,
Hao Henglu was Hao Wei zhi's grandfather. His father was Hao Pin. Henglu's father was Hao Lien Ru. Chen Yuntao had very good 7* Mantis. Did you know he was a politician as well? Tell me more about your teacher Zhangzhong. I'd like to know about your school too.

Tainan Mantis
09-30-2002, 05:31 AM
Thank you for the info on your Hao family lineage.
You may want to consider having it placed on the Mantis Cave.

There are some unmentioned lineages which are hard to confirm, but this info would be very helpful.

One of Shr Zhengzhong's teachers was named Luan Hsingfu.
His teacher was named He Chingguei.
That is all that is known about him. Any info would be appreciated.

Master Shr also studied with Zhang Dekuei. Recent info from Ilya Profatilov shows that he was the grandstudent of Wang Yushan, one of the three mountains of Laiyang.

One of the other mountains, Li Kunshan, was teacher of Li Hongjie who was teacher of Master Shr.

These are Master Shr's three main PM teachers.
Also was Hao Gengsheng. Research in Taiwan indicates he was the only master who knew the old 7* PM such as Duo Gang, Ro Ling etc.

Master Shr also traveled to HK many times to continue his studies with Taiji PM Master Zhao Zhuhsi.

There were also another group of teachers Master Shr studied with who can not be considered PM, but a mixture of PM or some other Northern style like Luohan or Longfist.

Did you also meet Master Chen Yuntao or his son?

Shadowboxer
10-01-2002, 04:19 PM
Hello,

I'll be in Jersey City in a couple of weeks for seven days. Can anybody suggest a 7* PM school to visit and possibly touch hands? I train with some Mantis brothers/sisters in Ft. Worth, Texas. I'll be staying on Monmouth Street. Thanks for any info.:)

psycho monk
10-29-2002, 11:25 PM
I am not a mantis practitioner but maybe this would help
I am aware that there is a Wah Lum Kung Fu in piscataway, NJ which is in central jersey. their email is wahlumnj@earthlink.net.

I found their flyer in Chinatown,NY hope it helped.