PDA

View Full Version : who has knowledge on the history of canton ten-tigers

diego
09-24-2001, 07:17 PM
i know hopga master wong-yan-lam was 1 and wong fei hungs father??

you guys got info or could you lead me to links on the net i never ever have heard the 10 list,sounds like a good story

"I finish the job with a tiger claw into the throat. Remember guys'INSERT CORNY WHITEBOY VOICE' use extreme violence against your opponents always, that will discourage them from hurting other people" kungfu site technique sec.VS?."...

Shaolin Master
09-24-2001, 07:23 PM
Wang Yin Lin
Huang Qi Ying
Tie Qiao San
Su Hei Hu
Huang Deng Ke
Li Ren Chao
Su Qi Er
Tie Zhi Chen
Tan Ji Yun
Zhou Tai

CPS
09-24-2001, 07:37 PM
Try my website, www.hungga.net, (http://www.hungga.net,) section history, article "Ten tigers of Gwondung"

diego
09-24-2001, 07:43 PM
i seen your site its very good i missed the tentiger article downloaded the ironwire are you going to post the second half

"I finish the job with a tiger claw into the throat. Remember guys'INSERT CORNY WHITEBOY VOICE' use extreme violence against your opponents always, that will discourage them from hurting other people" kungfu site technique sec.VS?."...

BIU JI
09-25-2001, 01:02 AM
I thought WONG FEI HUNG was one of the ten tigers !!

Were all these people living around the same time to each other and how did it come about that they were named this?

Was it through a contest or just general respect ?

CPS
09-25-2001, 08:05 PM
Hi,

The second part of the poster was never published, as far as I know. (Else I missed that issue).

But soon there will be a translation of Tit Sin on my website (titles of the movements only), as well as new things on Wong Fei Hung and Mok Gwei Lam.

diego
09-25-2001, 08:23 PM

CannonFist
09-26-2001, 02:40 PM
Wong Fei Hung was not one of the ten tigers. His father Wong Kei Ying (or Huang Qi Ying in Mandarin as in Shaolin Master's list) instead was.

BIU JI
09-26-2001, 03:51 PM
Thanks cannon fist! Hows training going? We have our lion dance this weekend in china town, have you guys already done yours?

CPS
10-04-2001, 10:42 PM
Just wanted to let you know the translation of Tit Sin Kuen has been added to the site
www.hungga.net (http://www.hungga.net)

CannonFist
10-05-2001, 05:58 AM
Training is good, thanks. Your sifu showed me some photos of your lion dance in Chinatown. Looks like you guys are doing well in the lion dance front. We didn't do any lion dance during the recent moon festival.

k-no
10-05-2001, 11:28 PM
Hey, I thought Tarm Sarm/Ta'n Sa'n was a tiger....what's up with that?

diego
10-06-2001, 05:25 AM
i dont want to get some paper and a pencil and have to trace it :)

im lucky i study a hybrid kajukenbo/hopga
and they are both based around southern bridges i always thought it would be cool to learn ironwire now i feel i must,i wish to meditate on each bridge and those lsw pics are a good start.

so if you mail me write your name in subject to point out not a virus and all,
also do you know any hungga schools in vancouver canada.

CPS
10-06-2001, 09:20 AM
Diego,

I'll try to make a PDF file (Acrobat Reader of it) that can be downloaded and printed.

The original file would cause problems with non-existing Word fonts, so not much use in sending it.

Charris

diego
10-06-2001, 08:55 PM