PDA

View Full Version : When homies attack...

straight blast
09-10-2002, 02:49 AM
I was riding to work @ 11:15 the other night (I work the graveyard shift in a 24hr store) when I popped my back tyre on my bike. So I was really in a foul mood and had to walk the four blocks to work. There's a bit where the path narrows due to roadworks that I had to push my bike along and as I did I saw a group of eight (I had time to count) Ozehomies coming up the path the other way.

*Note* Ozehomies are white, non americans who wear homie clothes, listen to black music and claim to identify with the struggle of black america. In short, they're nothing like the American breed, they are just try hard losers. And they like to fight people when the odds are distinctly in their favour. So I though "Oh Crap."

By the time I was within 10 feet of them I could smell the alcohol they'd been drinking and as they went past one of them deliberately shouldered me. I was ready for it (situational awareness I suppose ;) ) and he just bounced off me and into one of his buddies. So then he starts yelling at me and basically spoiling for a fight. I knew I'd have no chance against eight guys but all I could remember is something I've read in a lot of MA mags: Don't look like a victim.

By this point his buddies had all gathered around, thankfully in front of me...I used the narrow walkway to keep them there...didn't want them behind me. I squared myself up to my full height (6'3) and gave this guy the same stare I give people when I'm about to hit them. And then I gave him a really cold ass smile. He took about three steps backwards, threw up his hands in a defensive motion, and said something like "Forget about it...only joking man" and they went on their way.

It mightn't have worked in all situations but these guys were looking for a victim and I showed them that I wasn't going to be one. I guess sometimes showing a willingness to fight and a psycho look can be self defence enough!

ged
09-10-2002, 03:29 AM
ozehomies.... thankyou, now i have a name for them.

Former castleva
09-10-2002, 03:36 AM
Good.
Prevention is the best way to cure a disease.
:)

Kay k
09-10-2002, 04:07 AM
"Ozehomies" well, they seem to have migrated to England!! i thought it was only us that had that kind of "homie"!? :p they are total idiots. i don't like them at all. Oh well, i musn't be "ghetto" enough! :D hehe

Ish
09-10-2002, 05:48 AM
well done glad it worked out ok

dezhen2001
09-10-2002, 06:19 AM
glad ur ok, that coulda been nasty... i was in a similar situation one time (I'm only 5'10 and 150lbs) but thankfully 3 of my mates saw things and came over :)

david

Kay k
09-10-2002, 06:26 AM
what happened D? :eek: x

STUDD WILSON
09-10-2002, 07:12 AM
Of course you know that the "good grappler" response would be to immediately lie down on your back and spread your legs. Man that gaurd is intimidating. Hee-hee!

Ryu
09-10-2002, 07:20 AM
By the time I was within 10 feet of them I could smell the alcohol they'd been drinking and as they went past one of them deliberately shouldered me. I was ready for it (situational awareness I suppose )

I would tend to think with good situational awareness, you would have simply gone another route after seeing them off in the distance. You did good, but be careful too because some of that will not work with some people.

Glad it all worked out though. :)

Ryu

dezhen2001
09-10-2002, 07:34 AM
Kay k: nothin gmuch happened, just some 'tough guys' walking along the streets of Wolverhampton when i was walking back form the bus station. It was a long time ago but than God for scary assed looking mates :D Was actually pretty scary as even when i tried to walk away they made it hard... :)

Ryu: agreed! The only reaosn i couldn't really avoid them is that they specifically went out of their way to come to me (i think because i had a large travel bag on me so it wa smore awkward).

david

Kay k
09-10-2002, 07:41 AM
Hey david,I'll take it your okay now then. :) did you have to fight with them or did you just walk away?

dezhen2001
09-10-2002, 07:45 AM
hi Kay k... i was walking away but they were making it hard... Thankfully 3 of my mates saw me and came over :) I didn't like the idea of getting beat up by 6 guys all that much... :)

hey, i gotta go now - maybe someday we could chat in the fighterschat room?

take it easy,
david

Kay k
09-10-2002, 07:51 AM
"take it easy". Hun, you know i take it easy constantly! :p i'm glad your okay D and maybe we will chat in the fighters room sometime! :) take care, love kay xx

sticky fingers
09-10-2002, 08:28 AM
I had a friend who dressed like that, and listened to rap music.
He called himself a 'whigger'.

ratman201
09-10-2002, 09:03 AM
I'm appalled to here that the negative aspects of my culture have creeped its way into europe. The last time that my boys delt with really thugged out dude two of my boys endded up in the hospital with staple in thier heads. But these guys had a bad rep and not some middle class white boy bull****, though they were white, the've actually shot people before rep. And the year before they broke both of my friends legs. But I find that these problems are more socio-economic problems not culture; culture is more of a byproduct. However in the case of foreigners and middle class suburbanites giving something they can't possibly understand a bad name, well tell'm that I'm come'n for em. I've got enough problems with hip hop at home. We don't need *******es abroad giving us a bad name, were quite good at doing that ourselves.

Rolling Elbow
09-10-2002, 09:40 AM
Whigger or wiggers are what we call them up here lol! In essence, they are Eminem but without the talent or the $$$.

Chang Style Novice
09-10-2002, 10:03 AM
Make that simply 'without the money,' and I agree.

fa_jing
09-10-2002, 10:10 AM
I grew up among "homeboy" white guys in a mixed neighborhood, and I see where they're coming from. People's culture's tend to rub off on one another. But these Euro-homies, Ozhomies, whatever, where are these guys coming from? Seems awfully pretentious to me. I mean, rap music is cool, and all, but how much are these foreigners really understanding? And don't tell me it's shared sympathy, you don't see too many white Europeans acting like they're native american indians, for instance. I think it's too much MTV, people thinking they understand american social dynamics just from watching some videos. I'll tell you what, next time an american rapper gives a shout'out to the "OZ-homies over in Australia" I'll give these guys some credit.

ewallace
09-10-2002, 10:11 AM
I think the PC term here would be Afroless Americans. Please be more considerate of people that are different from you.

doug maverick
09-10-2002, 10:41 AM
i can't stand that kind of thing cause that kind of thing makes african american look bad and as a young black male it makes me sick cause this wehat they think we act like some do but most don't, and all comes to the music but that sumthing else.

Chang Style Novice
09-10-2002, 10:47 AM
"I'll tell you what, next time an american rapper gives a shout'out to the "OZ-homies over in Australia" I'll give these guys some credit."

Abstract Rude on "Who Framed the A-Team?" (the A-Team consists of AceyAlone and Abstract Rude, two guys from Watts):

"From the L.A. under to the Land Down Under, USA to the AUS..."

fa_jing
09-10-2002, 10:56 AM
Simple verbal trickery. But hey, I'm sure they tour there and sell records and stuff. I do hear shouts to "all the fans all over the world" and stuff. Marketing, marketing, marketing. No credit given!! :D

Rolling Elbow
09-10-2002, 11:00 AM
haha, o.k Chang Style'..without the $$$$. But lets face it, Eminem can sometimes be a lyrical genius! He rhymes well compared to say some loser like ..Puff daddy'. But atleast puffy never runs out of tracks cause he is forever poorly sampling other people's music and singing/rapping off tempo.

dezhen2001
09-10-2002, 12:15 PM
ah, so many people dress like that nowadays... but hey - doesn't matter where u go, theres always screwed up areas in a city... doesn't matter if black, white or anything - if ur there life generally sux... that's why i guess ppl can relate to hiphop no matter where they are from (not forgetting UK has it's own excellent hiphop groups which are Underground ;))

That also tends to be where the student flats are coz rent is cheap (at least where i am!) :D

BUT, there are a lot of people who try to look 'street' or 'ghetto' whatever - u can see them at clubs and stuff... they don't have the right eyes, and u can usually tell :) Sometimes they are arseholes though...

david

straight blast
09-10-2002, 05:00 PM
I would tend to think with good situational awareness, you would have simply gone another route after seeing them off in the distance

Believe me if I had the chance I would have. I was in a kind of tunnel thing that was about 25 metres long and about 3 metres wide, with walls about 1.8 metres high. It's the only way to work and I was late already due to the flat. By the time I saw them my only choice would have been to turn around and run the other way...not a good decision considering I was carrying a bike!

But point taken...;)

LEGEND
09-10-2002, 05:32 PM
LOL...don't worry...these KIDS will grow up real fast when they move out of their homes! Then they'll be paying for bills...rents...insurances etc...won't be time to look at MTV to get the latest vids!