PDA

View Full Version : kung pow

Kay k
09-10-2002, 03:58 AM
Hey has any1 seen Kung Pow: Enter the Fist? (i think that's what it's called) it's on VHS and DVD. i rented it for a laugh. it's incredible, possibly the worst "martial art movie" ever?! LOL :D what's the worst "marial art" skit you guys have seen? cos i know there's plenty out there! they're real funny, if you haven't seen one...look for them! they're out there! :D hehehe x

@PLUGO
09-11-2002, 05:33 PM
Horribly Funny as well...

Mostly Bad but still entertaining in a "****ing in a elevator" sort of way...

rubthebuddha
09-13-2002, 08:40 AM
design -- that's only entertaining if you leave the elevator before it wafts up to nose level. if you don't, you're as screwed as anyone else.

No_Know
09-13-2002, 08:58 AM
The silliness, the original movie the serious dubbing over the nonsense original dubbing. So cute.

I got the idea to make my staff work wind based--create an air wake that moves items.

I liked hearing the movie in the original Manderin. Plus the scenes I figure I didn't see in the video this is using as a base.

Since the lip-movement didn't always match-up with the sounds of the words in the decades ago Kung-Fu movies. It's cute to talk near jibberish as they could originally be saying almost anything since you don't understand the language, then put the sensible words over the non-sense.

Good concepts and cute-silliness.

Plus the two, "The Matrix" scenes...Really NiIIIIce.

jun_erh
09-13-2002, 03:06 PM
I actually liked the movie, but I'm way in to old school flicks. "You are the Chosimba one.."

The original is called "tiger and Crane Fists" it is one of th better Jimmy Wang Yu flicks and is widely available in the "Brooklyn Zoo Collection" pretty cheap.

Kristoffer
09-14-2002, 07:08 AM
I think it ****ing sux..

SanSoo Student
09-29-2002, 09:10 PM
I like the kick butt baby...IT ROCKS!!

NorthernMantis
09-30-2002, 08:07 PM
Never saw it.

Chang Style Novice
09-30-2002, 08:21 PM
avoided it assiduously

Lisa
09-30-2002, 08:50 PM
It had a couple moments, but overall I thought it was pretty horrible.

HuangKaiVun
09-30-2002, 09:07 PM
The funny thing is that they didn't HAVE to make a movie to parody 70s kung fu flicks!

The 70s stuff is funny as it is!

Jimbo
10-02-2002, 08:40 AM
I saw it and it did have its funny moments.

However, to me, maybe the funniest kung fu movie I've seen is called Enter Three Dragons. I believe it has been re-released under a different title, Dragon on Fire (note: DO NOT mistake this one for the John Liu/Dragon Lee movie of the same title released by Xenon corp.). But Enter Three Dragons had of course, three Bruce Lee imitators, Dragon Lee, Bruce Lea (!) and someone listed as Bruce Li (but not Ho Tsung-Tao). It's one of those movies that is so stupid that it's hilarious and entertaining. It also has Bolo Yeung in another silly part, Phillip Kao Fei is the main villain, and a guy named Samuel Walls to make it "international". :)

Jim

norther practitioner
10-02-2002, 02:15 PM
I own the movie where everything was ripped off of, tiger and crane something or other.

@PLUGO
10-10-2002, 03:08 PM
The coolest thing about the DVD is the before & after sequences, showing where they inserted what digitially...

was also at a party the other night where amidst the various conversation happening in the outside garden, a group of women spontaniously (and in unison) shouted "Ohwee Ohwwee Ohhh!"
Suddenly a bunch of guy responded with "Heee neee eeehhh hee neee..." (or something to that effect).

of course to make it even funnier a buddy walked out into the garden just at that moment, and feeling he missed something but not having seen the movie soloed with... "heeee Zeeee neeeehh Ohhhh buuuZZZZ Achkettt thuppptthhhhh!!!"

que: laughter . . .

David Jamieson
10-12-2002, 11:10 AM
let me say this, about that....

ohweeohweeohweeoh.

ridiculous :D

peace

SanSoo Student
10-13-2002, 11:10 PM
everyone should go see Enter The Fat Dragon by sammo hung..
Its sooo funny

yutyeesam
02-22-2003, 11:15 AM
I never thought I'd go see this movie b/c so many "credible" martial arts movies buffs dismissed it.

I finally saw this and realized, they didn't really understand what this movie was. It's in the same vein as the Kentucky Fried Movie, Amazon Women on the Moon, Top Secret, Space Balls, Big Trouble in Little China...movies that are complete zaniness. If you don't have a sense of humor of wacked out sillyness and waaaay over the top campyness, (which it seems many people do not, anymore), then yes, you will not think much of this flick.

But I do, and thought it and Undercover Brother were 2 of the funniest movies I've seen in a long time.