PDA

View Full Version : Just saw a street fight

Liokault
09-12-2002, 03:51 AM
I just witnessed an interesting street fight. It was good because i got to watch it from right at the start where is was building up right though the violence and witness the end......all sat in the sun with a beer in my hand!!!

Ok a quick run down to tell you why it was interesting.

A guy pulls up his car, gets out and starts argueing with 2 black guys. He repeats over and over have you got my money. He is carrying a chain of about 2 foot long which he is swinging around his hand to threaten the 2 black guys.......this carrys on for about 4 mins (with lots of pushing of each other) till it looks like one of the black guys is going to go with him to get the money.

White guy gets in to his car.....black guy opens the other car door reaches in grabs the guys dog (some sort of terrier) by the coller and throws it backwards in a huge ark ...must have been 20 feet.

White guy dont like this so comes steaming round the car and lays into the black guy.

Now this is where it gets interesting.....theres lots of punches being thrown on both sides....but nothing is landing and nothing is hurting....the black guys freind looks like he dont want to get involved.....but stays on the side and puts a punch in when ever the other 2 get close enough.

Then the two fighting fall over......from this point the fight ends in about 7 seconds......the guys friend puts a few quick punches and kicks to the guy on the ground and he is out straight away.

Ok lots of guys stop the fight and every one walks off.

The white guy has a huge lump on his forehead the size of a golf ball and a massive black eye. All the damage was caused after he hit the floor!!!!

Ok things i learned from this fight.

1/ Most guys on the street just dont fight that well

2/ The guy with the weapon and the dog dont always win

3/ You really really do not want to go to the floor in a street fight!!!

(the dog was ok BTW just stood here and watched his master get beat up....but it was only a smallish dog)

PQS
09-12-2002, 04:22 AM
and I thought Oxford was a civilised place!!

Liokault
09-12-2002, 04:34 AM
Well i thought that it was a safe town as i never see voilence or crime but my (canadian) girlfriend says she read a report that puts oxford right at the top of the number of crimes/population in almost every catagory.

I am well aware that their is a lot of car crime but i spend lots of times in pubs and can count on the fingers of one hand the number of times i have seen any trouble!!

PQS
09-12-2002, 04:42 AM
I think all places can be bad if you'r in the wrong place at the wrong time if they were argueing about money in daylight it sounds as if it might be drugs related

wooha
09-12-2002, 06:11 AM
Wherabouts in Oxford was this?

Felipe Bido
09-12-2002, 06:25 AM
If they threw a lot of punches, but none landed or hit, that means they weren't 100% sure that they wanted to fight for real (maybe they were afraid; maybe they didn't know the other guy's abilities; maybe one of them was afraid of the opponent's partner). Your point number 2 confirms what I say: the guy had a chain, but he didn't use it. He didn't really want to fight.

I see these types of fights every weekend here, and the ones who really MEAN to hurt the opponent generally sucker punch, or grab something to hit the other with (A stick, a bat, a chair or stones, like the last one I saw :)). In bloody and huge streetfights, there's little talk and plenty of action. It's very good to watch these types of fight, not only for technical purposes, but to learn about the mindsets of the fighters and their consequent actions.

Liokault
09-12-2002, 06:33 AM
It was out side the corridor pub wooha. Do you do capoara in the east oxford comunity center as i see there is a class there now?

if so it was right out side there. I keep meaning to go to the capoarea class and clap out of time just to see what happens:D

When the punches started flying they really meant it but i really did not see and land.........they were all big wild haymakers.

And yes i also asume it was about drugs.

SevenStar
09-12-2002, 06:42 AM
"Ok things i learned from this fight.

1/ Most guys on the street just dont fight that well"

Unlearn that one, or atleast least learn it in a slightly different way. While you may be right, it's not always true, so you don't want to automatically assume you will fight an unskilled opponent. Also, it's not always skill that wins the fight, but INTENT. If he is hellbent on destroying you, he may still take you out.

TkdWarrior
09-12-2002, 07:18 AM
sevenstar just said "Never underestimate ur opponent",
well that wasn't meant to be street fight in any case if it was it would hav ended in less than 30 secs may be a bit more but not that much...
there is one fight which i hav seen ended up on ground in around 40 secs, the one in which i myself got involved ended up less than 30 secs, one of my Boxer freind got involved was fun to watch the long one i saw ended up around 1 min n some secs...
and he beat him like he works on his punchin bag...

in all of them there was big similarties guys with heavier built won, i m around 80 kgs, my freind got around 100kgs and other person was good too...
ok let's not talk street fight it still give me creeps...

-TkdWarrior- :cool:

Former castleva
09-12-2002, 07:52 AM
Sounded more like an assault to me...
Street fights are no entertaiment but at least you could say that in such thing both sides are probably committed,and agree to beat each other up (still criminal and stupid though) so that´s for them.
That one sounded like it was the white guy attacking the black guys,but I´m not sure.

LEGEND
09-12-2002, 08:21 AM
U say don't go to the ground! I'm curious on how u can prevent going to the ground if u were the white guy??? Sounds like he was flung and sucker punch by black guy no 2! The fact is these guys prob. didn't have the tools...hands/elbows/knees/uppercuts/clinches or how to get off the ground quickly! He didn't really have a stragedy to get his MONEY either. He had plan A...bring a chain and a dog for intimidation purpose. But he didn't have the flight time or experience to make plan B( get the money while kicking ass ) work. LOL...hahahaha! You should have told him to drop by our forum...we could have advised him.

Liokault
09-12-2002, 08:38 AM
Legend

U say don't go to the ground! I'm curious on how u can prevent going to the ground if u were the white guy???

Well i meant that a stratergy of deliberatly going to the ground with an oponent as advocated by say BJJ would be a bad idea.....also in my class we spend a hell of a lot of time practicingn not going to the ground.

Former castleva

That one sounded like it was the white guy attacking the black guys,but I´m not sure.

No quite the oposite. The white guy dispite his weapon really didnt want to fight. Whatching it there were times when the taller black guy was repeatedly putting his hand on the white guys chin and pushing him backwards hard....like over and over again, all my friends were saying "hes got to hit him now" but it was not till his dog was attacked that he tried to hit the black guy.

SevenStar
09-12-2002, 09:00 AM
picture this.... guy A and I are in a clinch. I throw an elbow, double leg him and spin around as his buddy runs up on me. I grab him, unchi mata, and it's lights out for him. I then run away. People always assume a bjj guy will want to fight you on the ground.

Ryu
09-12-2002, 09:04 AM
I can re-state that.

"I'm saying that those arts that don't teach you to REALISTICALLY protect yourself from the ground, and don't teach how to fight and escape from there, aren't the best arts to use in a real fight..."

What this "streetfight" tells me is that fights go to the ground. Just like it's always been said. Learn how to properly fight and escape that area.

From what you said, it sounds like a clinch and suplex would simply end the fight without even going to the ground.
Body slamming people on their head in the cement usually has a way of taking the fight out of people.

Ryu

Ryu
09-12-2002, 09:05 AM
Thank you, Sevenstar.

Ryu
09-12-2002, 09:07 AM
Also, I don't know why you wish to simply "watch that with a beer in your hand."

Why not call the police? If someone gets killed and you just watch it for entertainment, where does that leave you?

Liokault
09-12-2002, 09:49 AM
I felt ok about watching with a beer in my hand as from my point of veiw there was no victim!!!

The guys on both sides knew what was going to happen and they both really deserved a beating.

they also had plenty of chance to walk away as both they did indeed walk away several times in the build up but both decided to come back of their own accord.

But the bottom line is i felt that the white guy was wrong to wave a weapon around in public and the black guy was clearly wrong to attack the dog.

Have no fear though i would have steped in if the dog was in danger:cool:

Xebsball
09-12-2002, 11:20 AM
Seven, your elbow only would work cos you train muay thai, a bjj guy in this scenario would have a high percentave chance of missing that shot since he never really trained using elbows and other striking moves on fully resisting opponents LOL :D i always wanted to use that argument.

SevenStar
09-12-2002, 11:24 AM
touche, Xeb. Ya got me there :D

Royce would choke you if he heard you say that :D

sticky fingers
09-12-2002, 12:42 PM
What is an unchi mata?
If it is a Japanese term, 'unchi' means 'shiit'

SevenStar
09-12-2002, 01:54 PM
typo.... shoulda been uchi mata. it's a judo throw.

rubthebuddha
09-12-2002, 02:15 PM
good, cause it looked like throwing shiite at him would do the job. what have you been eating lately?

Serpent
09-12-2002, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by SevenStar
typo.... shoulda been uchi mata. it's a judo throw.

****! That's a real shame. I just imagined Seven* striking guy one, double leg slam, then spin around and toss a big dump at dude no. 2! That would go down in history as the wildest streefight ever!

You are so boring sometimes, Seven!

:)

Ryu
09-13-2002, 09:14 AM
"unchi?" means shiit?

I haven't heard that term. I've heard "unko" for shiit though.

Ryu

DelicateSound
09-14-2002, 01:56 AM
So it wasn't "Uncle" Ryu after all then, it was "Unko", and they all secretly hate you.

Kungfu boy
10-12-2002, 09:10 PM
So he hit him, who was hit by the other the guy, yadda yadda ya..
What about the dog? Not only was that the damm funnist thing I've ever seen in this forum, but I wonder, can the owner sue the other guys for assualting his terrier? I, mean it was just an innocent victim. I love furballs as much as the next guy, but I gotta ask- Do you have a tape of the toto shot-put? It oughta be a new olympic sport, I know I can beat 20 feet easy. LOL

Stacey
10-15-2002, 10:19 AM
more lessons.

1. If you are a white guy with a small dog, you have no business trying to fight people.

2. Don't go picking a fight with two guys.

3. Don't pick a fight with people who are minorities. I don't know about England, but in America that means that your life is harder. (Pubies, shut the **** up and spare me the case examples its the truth)

4. People miss more than they hit. Kinda ruins the one punch one kill fantasy

MonkeySlap Too
10-18-2002, 01:22 PM
I'm a white guy with a small dog. Any takers?

SevenStar
10-18-2002, 02:16 PM
:D maybe one day. I'm not stupid enough to try right now. :D

I'll challenge your dog though

MonkeySlap Too
10-18-2002, 02:32 PM
That's just 'cause he's blind and deaf!

He's still good at killing baseball caps tho. This is OT, but I've got to post a quicktime of this dog killing a cap - it's the funniest da mn thing I ever saw.

TigerJaw
10-22-2002, 06:04 AM
Originally posted by Stacey
more lessons.
3. Don't pick a fight with people who are minorities. I don't know about England, but in America that means that your life is harder. (Pubies, shut the **** up and spare me the case examples its the truth)

Nah, don't pick a fight with anybody on the Cowley road. They've got quite a good chance of being a nutter, irrespective of the colour of their skin.