PDA

View Full Version : Does Anybody Know anything About Red Boat Hung Gar

FIRE HAWK
09-13-2002, 05:07 AM
Does Anybody know anything about Red Boat Hung Gar like what kind of forms it has and what kind of stances it uses and any books on Red Boat Hung Gar and where it comes from ?

toi
09-14-2002, 03:10 PM
what hung gar schools are in dayton? :eek:

lungyuil
09-14-2002, 06:19 PM
my understanding is that Red boat Hung Gar is from Gim Shee, he hid from the ching and trained the boat people.
their stances are shorter that normal due to the lack of space on the boats.

I am not sure about the hand forms whether they are the same as WFH hung Gar.

Hope this helps a little!

NorthernMantis
09-14-2002, 07:18 PM
What about ha say fu? I was under the impression that it was the orginal hung ga?

Shaolin Master
09-15-2002, 11:13 PM
The Hay Say Fu of Wing Lam is only a small component of the Hung Kuen system.

tomcat
09-17-2002, 05:00 PM
when Shaolin temple burned, the monk gee Sim escaped to Kwangtung, and hid on the Red Boats,His student Hung Hai Guen was a leader in the rebellion,they taught in the hull's of the boats.
It is said that since these boats were unstabe rocking back and forth that very low and strong horse stances were adopted to insure good balance. Emphasis was redieced from kicking and jumping to more hand techniques.
And walla Hung-Gar ,was created .
I have also heard that , Hung Hai Guen, shortened some stances and techniques, for fighting in the narrow streets and alley's of Kwangtung.
Of course much of this is conjecture,as there is not alot proof . Some say legend and some say fact!

" WHEN THE LEGENDS DIE ,THE DREAMS END,
WHEN THE DREAMS END,THERE IS NO MORE GREATNESS"
THOMAS BLACKBULL

Ego_Extrodinaire
09-20-2002, 07:21 PM
And adding to what has been said in your posts which i had also covered in my earlier posts, red bot hung gar do practice in the hulls. bit they did so with fake weapons to reduce the risks of causing a hull breech and drowning all occupants within.

They were the pioneers of floating kung fu school which led to other spin offs that we see today - floating corporate functions on a yaucht or floating restaurants.

Although hung gar is a useless fighting style, it had good entertainment value.