PDA

View Full Version : funny "levitation" gag

jun_erh
09-13-2002, 02:37 PM
I saw this on one of those magicians secrets things the other night. stand 5 or ten feet in front of someone a little to their left and stand at a slight angle so they can't really see much of your left foot. then go up on your left toe making sure your heels are lined up.

My mom's jaw dropped, my sister went "...that's...cool...."

The Willow Sword
09-13-2002, 03:42 PM
i am at work right now and i just did that to one of my coworkers,,they nearly sh!t. LOL:D :D :D

Felipe Bido
09-13-2002, 04:16 PM
That's the Balducci Levitation..check out David Blaine's shows and you'll see plenty of it :)

NorthernMantis
09-13-2002, 05:23 PM
Heh when I first read it i didn't think it was possible till I showed my 2 brothers. Wohoo off to the mall to impress the chicks.:D

MA fanatic
09-13-2002, 07:56 PM
I ordered that magicians secret book for 20 bucks a few weeks ago just for that trick alone. I have to admit, it works and people become amazed. I showed it now to all my co workers and relatives. You have to drill a bit in front of a mirror, and after a half hour or so of practice, you're ready to role. I told one of my secretaries that every time I levitate, I get a headache because my energy is drained. LOL Great trick.
MA fanatic

jun_erh
09-15-2002, 10:01 AM
On the show they said that they do that and film people's reaction. Then they bring out the wires and stuff and lift the person up a lot more. They get someone in the crew to wear the same color jacket as the person/ people that were in the street shot and they have the camera behind them and film it again.

I can really levitate.

chen zhen
09-15-2002, 10:55 AM
I still can't figure out how to do it from your explanation, Jun Erh?

Felipe Bido
09-15-2002, 05:53 PM
Chen, do a search on Balducci Levitation on Google.com, and you'll find a website that explains it. :)

GunnedDownAtrocity
09-16-2002, 01:38 AM
you just lift one foot up off the ground a little and go up on the ball of your other foot. got to make sure that your heels line up so it looks like both are off the ground.