PDA

View Full Version : What are the names of these Dragon Style forms in English and how do they work as far as Techniques

FIRE HAWK
09-30-2001, 09:24 AM
(Sup Luk Dung, Sam Tung Kuen & Bic Bo Sam Tung)
Snapping Dragon Attack.

mantis108
09-30-2001, 07:34 PM
<<Sup Luk Dung, Sam Tung Kuen & Bic Bo Sam Tung)>>

These three appeared in Sifu Yip Wing Han's Video and are in the order as well.

Sup Luk Dung - 16 moves
Mainly an introduction to basic Lung Ying Moves, foundamentals and concepts

Sam Tung Kuen - Should be Sam (Sarm) Tung Goh Kiew
in full.
Passing the guard (bridge) with 3 crossing. This form furthers the concept of Sarm Tung as a ging similar to the Peng in Taiji. It also illustrates various method of entry - passing the guard, so to speak, in terms of Lung Ying hands.

Bic Bo Sam Tung - Pressing steps 3 Crossing. I believe this is what Kevin would identify as "New Session" of Lung Ying. May be he could help? This form elevates the concept of Sarm Tung. The Ging (sarm tung) developes as a hard striking power as opposite to the softer type of the Sarm Tung Goh Kiew. These two forms are kind of like Ying/Yang expression of the Sarm Tung.

These forms, I believe, are to help the stylist to appreciate the full range of Sarm Tung Ging which is important to Lung Ying (kind of like the Peng-Lu-Ji-An of Taijiquan). Learning these three forms well, you would get a general idea what Lung Ying is like.

Sorry, I have no clue about the snapping dragon attacks.

Mantis108

Contraria Sunt Complementa

Kevin Barkman
10-01-2001, 03:09 PM
Hi Firehawk, Mantis108,

I'd just add;

Sup Luk Dong - teaches mainly bic bo, and tun to fao chum concepts, along with a few basic hands. I've only seen the vertical biu sao done in this form and Mang Foo Tiew Cheung.

Sam Tong Gok Kiew - first of the core Dragon sets - evidenced by the underlying poetry / use of name. Also refers to the technical sequence of Sam Tong, then Gok Kiew. Excellent appllications to this sequence found in Ma Gok Fai's VCD.

This is an excellent introduction to Dragon - but try teaching the set, with all its subleties, to a beginner!

Bic Bo Sam Tong - I've only seen this set performed by Yip Wing Hong's school / can't comment.

Cheers - kevin

Hiram
10-02-2001, 01:12 AM
Where can one find those VCD's?

eviljungle
10-03-2001, 02:46 PM
I just ordered one from espytv.com

I'm pretty stoked about it too. Dragon has me fascinated...

I haven't actually seen anyone practice Dragon. What do these forms resemble? :confused: