PDA

View Full Version : hot

andoi
09-16-2002, 12:53 PM
i get this heat in my hands and feet, does anyone else have this prob and what is it.....when i get it its really bad and even if i put my hands in ice they are still hot ,,,sometimes my feet will blister(depending on what shoes i wear) and both the feet and the hands swell....any help would be appreciated:confused:

Arhat of Fury
09-16-2002, 03:48 PM
Are you able to sweat from other places on your body?
Are your hands and feet always sweaty?

andoi
09-17-2002, 06:20 AM
yeah when i train i sweat like crazy(like any normal person would) but i dont think i ever seen my hands sweat(they do swell up when this heat comes though) as for my feet well i think they do but i dunno for sure...usually when i get this heat i hav to remove all my jewellry(watch,bracelet etc) and shoes(if i can)

Arhat of Fury
09-23-2002, 03:47 PM
This almost sounds like a troll post but for the benefit of the doubt.....................

Maybe your body id trying to release sweat through your hands and feet but you are unable to therefore they heat up. I am in no way qualified to give advise, but just some thoughts.

AOF

Repulsive Monkey
09-24-2002, 07:57 AM
If you get sweat especially during the afternoon or evening and feel thirsty more than usual too, then you've definitely got a Yin Xu condition, where your Yin energy is deficient and needs strengthening.

Shisio
10-21-2002, 12:39 AM
Not always a bad thing unless really bothers you. I get hot feet when I tired and so virtually never where shoes and occasionally sandels. Though for me, when my hands start heating up I think my brain starts to boil so it's one of the best times to train. It's usually a sign of inspiration, or crystal meth.

Repulsive Monkey
10-21-2002, 04:21 AM
When can overheating be a good thing???? Overheating is always a bad thing, as when the body is in good condition it should never happen. It sounds like either a Yin Xu condition or maybe internally there is already some latent heat and therefore when it encounters more heat via training, spicy food, being in a hot environment often etc then it will be worse. Overheating dissipates body fluids and because the Yang is out of control the Yin is too weak to anchor it down hence the Yin deficieny problem. Try to avoid spicy foods, and hot places until you can get treatment for the Yin Xu.

Cyborg
10-21-2002, 10:37 AM
"Avoid spicy foods"? Not unless you've noticed that those give you problems. Cayenne is an excellent supplement. I take it in capsule form to help regulate blood flow. If I don't I have the problem of cold feet and hands in the winter. It's very good for the blood and heart. I have been told by a friend who's an herbologist that it can stop a heart attack. And hyssop (take it in a tea) is also good for the same symptoms.

Mr. Bao
10-21-2002, 03:50 PM
It sounds like the a new STD I read in the journal of medicine. If you start to get heat in your loins pls go see a doctor. If you have too much heat in your hands and feet, then do more yin things. Eat more vegetables, do some Chi Gong during the moon cycle, or go see a shrink if its in your head.

If your hands were that hot that even under cold cold water it doesn't stop the heat, then you are a rare gem. If that is true, pls go to get it on record. Perhaps they will name the condition under your name.

Bao

Shisio
10-21-2002, 06:28 PM
"When can overheating be a good thing???? "-R Monkey

Obviously true over heating (which usually has something to do with dehydration), like to the point of passing out is bad. Sorry, but I suppose that I should’ve specified things for you. The reason I ask if it actually bothers Andoi is because unless I’m lightheaded, being exceptionally hot and even sweating in a room where most any others are content in isn’t always as uncomfortable as it sounds. Remember that there’s some merit to old nicknames such as ’hot-headed’, some people really get more psyched up when there temp is up.

Andoi,
I think the extreme heat in your extremities has something to do with a few various body mechanics. But before I get into them, is this a rescent thing or has this been ongoing? Anyway the first has to do with blood temperature. Normal temp. is around 98 degrees, but that’s just an average. Blood temp actually can vary a couple degrees from that (96-100-ish) on a normal basis and not be a strange thing. For me, one of the reasons I feel that I feel like I have hot hands is because my normal temp borders between 96-97degrees.

Now your probably thinking that I should then be cold more often then hot, right? You’d be right, I tend to get colder quicker, especially when suffering the elements then my friends. But because I’m cooler naturally (no pun intended), I then am more sensitive to any heat increases in my body. So if I encounter a catalyst for heat fluctuation, such as increased circulation of blood or a high metabolism, then the parts of my body that are most deficient in warm blood would feel a considerable increase in temperature and thus be hot. The coolest parts under normal circumstances would be your hands and feet- why? Cause there the furthest away from heat producing reactions that occur (mainly) in your torso. So now we’re to the topic of circulation, which could have something to do with you, here‘s a couple points.

-If you have little thin veins, then your temp should be evenly dispersed then if you have wide fat veins. I for one have ‘fat’ veins, so because of this, the temp in my hands and feet varies just a tad bit more than the rest of my body. When my blood really starts pumping the hot blood that torso usually experiences gets pushed out to my limbs, which are generally cooler due to poor circulation, but the sudden intake of warmer blood causes them to feel ‘hot’.
-Also, there are many theories that your blood will have better circulation at different times of the day, so you might want to take note of when your heat episodes are occurring in light of this. At the very least you might be able to deduce what’s triggering this by analyzing your schedule.

Just a tidbit of advice, something that’s helped me with the circulation issue is to practice active breathing exercises, like Tai Chi or Yoga. You might want to try ‘em out.

I’ve gotta warn you though, heat gets pushed to your extremities to cool your central body, so if this is a new thing you may have some kinda virus that’s causing your central body to overheat which would in turn cause it to spread its heat as far away from it as possible to cool off. This same process is what happens when kids get the flu, only it happens in a different area of the body (head).
Then there’s always the emotional stimulants. I once had a tough time with this girl I had fallen for, and every time she got near me that side of my body would heat up to such a point that it would nearly make me sick. And there are monks that can withstand virtually freezing temperatures that would easily kill anyone else. They say that its just a type of meditation that controls the body temperature, maybe your figuring that one out. And then there’s artists, who will actually begin to feel there bodies get excited and heat up before beginning a new piece. These ’over-heaters’ feel the highest heat concentrations of heat in the locations that they use to preform there art, (I know some of you must be enjoying lude thoughts right about now) so if you punch and kick things often it could have something to do with the anticipation. The only other way’s I could think that you’d have this problem is if your inducing a chemical imbalance (taking medications or drugs), if your really dehydrated, or if you have no sweat glands (does anybody catch this pop culture reference?) But to cause blisters? I’d think you’d have to suffer from all the aliments I’ve mentioned. If a doctor can’t help you out then this issue is probably more of a mental one, if so, see what you can do to calm down and relax. Good luck to you man.

Shisio
10-21-2002, 06:32 PM

Obviously true over heating (which usually has something to do with dehydration), like to the point of passing out is bad. Sorry, but I suppose that I should’ve specified things for you. The reason I ask if it actually bothers Andoi is because unless I’m lightheaded, being exceptionally hot and even sweating in a room where most any others are content in isn’t always as uncomfortable as it sounds. Remember that there’s some merit to old nicknames such as ’hot-headed’, some people really get more psyched up when there temp is up.

Andoi,
I think the extreme heat in your extremities has something to do with a few various body mechanics. But before I get into them, is this a rescent thing or has this been ongoing? Anyway the first has to do with blood temperature. Normal temp. is around 98 degrees, but that’s just an average. Blood temp actually can vary a couple degrees from that (96-100-ish) on a normal basis and not be a strange thing. For me, one of the reasons I feel that I feel like I have hot hands is because my normal temp borders between 96-97degrees.

Now your probably thinking that I should then be cold more often then hot, right? You’d be right, I tend to get colder quicker, especially when suffering the elements then my friends. But because I’m cooler naturally (no pun intended), I then am more sensitive to any heat increases in my body. So if I encounter a catalyst for heat fluctuation, such as increased circulation of blood or a high metabolism, then the parts of my body that are most deficient in warm blood would feel a considerable increase in temperature and thus be hot. The coolest parts under normal circumstances would be your hands and feet- why? Cause there the furthest away from heat producing reactions that occur (mainly) in your torso. So now we’re to the topic of circulation, which could have something to do with you, here‘s a couple points.

-If you have little thin veins, then your temp should be evenly dispersed then if you have wide fat veins. I for one have ‘fat’ veins, so because of this, the temp in my hands and feet varies just a tad bit more than the rest of my body. When my blood really starts pumping the hot blood that torso usually experiences gets pushed out to my limbs, which are generally cooler due to poor circulation, but the sudden intake of warmer blood causes them to feel ‘hot’.
-Also, there are many theories that your blood will have better circulation at different times of the day, so you might want to take note of when your heat episodes are occurring in light of this. At the very least you might be able to deduce what’s triggering this by analyzing your schedule.

Just a tidbit of advice, something that’s helped me with the circulation issue is to practice active breathing exercises, like Tai Chi or Yoga. You might want to try ‘em out.

I’ve gotta warn you though, heat gets pushed to your extremities to cool your central body, so if this is a new thing you may have some kinda virus that’s causing your central body to overheat which would in turn cause it to spread its heat as far away from it as possible to cool off. This same process is what happens when kids get the flu, only it happens in a different area of the body (head).
Then there’s always the emotional stimulants. I once had a tough time with this girl I had fallen for, and every time she got near me that side of my body would heat up to such a point that it would nearly make me sick. And there are monks that can withstand virtually freezing temperatures that would easily kill anyone else. They say that its just a type of meditation that controls the body temperature, maybe your figuring that one out. And then there’s artists, who will actually begin to feel there bodies get excited and heat up before beginning a new piece. These ’over-heaters’ feel the highest heat concentrations of heat in the locations that they use to preform there art, (I know some of you must be enjoying lude thoughts right about now) so if you punch and kick things often it could have something to do with the anticipation. The only other way’s I could think that you’d have this problem is if your inducing a chemical imbalance (taking medications or drugs), if your really dehydrated, or if you have no sweat glands in your hands or feet, which is possible, (does anybody catch this pop culture reference?) But to cause blisters? I’d think you’d have to suffer from all the aliments I’ve mentioned. If a doctor can’t help you out then this issue is probably more of a mental one, if so, see what you can do to calm down and relax. Good luck to you man.

Shisio
10-21-2002, 06:32 PM

Andoi,

Shisio
10-21-2002, 06:43 PM
oops, sorry about that...

Repulsive Monkey
10-22-2002, 08:14 AM
You say being hot headed is a positive thing? it has always in most peoples book been referred to as a negative thing. Being Psyched up from a TCM point of view is probably about artificially and in an abnormal fashion exciting a release od too much adrenaline. If this is done artificially (i.e. not in a natuarl spontaneous situation) then it is an unnecessary and innapropriate drain on the Kidney Qi which will probably go towards creating Kidney Yin Xu (heat).
All I'm saying is a Yin Xu condition is not a plus point or a platform towards better health, and the symptoms you mention seem to indicate Yin Xu.

Shisio
10-23-2002, 10:40 AM
R Monkey,
Yes, it may not be a good thing, to be hot-headed, that was just an example. But the root of what I'm describing is when inspiration causes physical effects, wether they be good or bad. Someone who is inspired to kick ass, and experiences the trait of heating up because of this inspiration would be deemed hot-headed. That is just one form of this inspiration. One of the basic concepts of kung fu (and society), is that there are more facets to every truth then meets the eye. The being said, does it seem so far fetched for a neg. trait (hot-headed for example), to have potentially postive possiblities?