PDA

View Full Version : The repetition of grapplings triumph throught various cultures and historical periods

Ralek
09-17-2002, 07:54 PM
I will start at UFC #1. Royce Gracie used grappling to defeat a bunch of strikers(and a few grapplers too). The UFC's showed how dangerous grappling was for strikers. Wrestling used to be thought of as "just a sport" until everyone saw a mediocre wrestler KO the self proclaimed "best wing chun fighter in Europe". Grapplers were beating world class stikers. One of Rickson Gracie's blue belts has choked Fernando Vargas (former boxing champion of the world in his wieght class) completely unconcious in a streetfight.

NOw about kung fu. Shaiou Shoa is a grapping thing in china comes from the Greeks wrestling. One of the famous Shaoiou shao people said that grappling was the most important skill and that 1 year grappling beats 10 years striking. He challenged a lot of the striking kung fu styles and beat them. Once again proving how grappling by nature defeats striking.

San shou. San shou uses Wrestling. or shoiou shoa. It's the exact same moves with no differences in technique from wrestling to shoui show. A lot of the san shou people have been fighting other styles with succces. They fight strikers and they can easiy throw and takedown the strikers. If they person they are fighting is a better striker they can always "escape the stirkes" by grappling with their opponenet.

Grappling has been proven to defeat striking thoughout various cultures and historical periods. It's benn proven many times. Don't listen to me, listen to the actual results of fights.

KungFuGuy!
09-17-2002, 07:59 PM
Whatever. This is the same boring crap you've been spewing since I started reading here a year and a half ago. Get some new material.

Ralek
09-17-2002, 08:03 PM
New material? This material is thousands of years old. The Greeks(who invented wrestling and boxing) discovered that wrestlers would defeat boxers. Later Boxing and wrestling were combined to create Pankration.

Even chinese kung fu peole have realized that grapping is superior. That chinese shoui shoa guy said it himself "1 year grappling beats 10 years striking"

This is the words of a legendary kung fu fighter.

Ralek
09-17-2002, 08:13 PM
BJJ is a unique in it's grappling as it focuses on the ground. What do you do after you take someone down? If you take a BJJ person down he will usually be able to pull guard. Then what? BJJ addresses this and the ground is arguably more important the stand up grappling.

CD Lee
09-17-2002, 08:34 PM
Looks like the fish aren't biting tonight eh?

Ralek
09-17-2002, 08:49 PM
This thread is not a troll so inflamed responses are not neccesary or wanted. This is an analyzation of the histroy of grappling throughtout history. it is also delves into how grappling has affected kung fu. I consider the shoui shoui guy to be my hero. Just like me he challegned the kung fu people and beat them with grappling. I am sort of continuing his legacy.

SevenStar
09-17-2002, 09:07 PM
as sorry as this thread is, this is one of the most intelligent things I've ever heard him say....that's sad...

CD Lee
09-17-2002, 09:12 PM
Traitor!

SevenStar
09-17-2002, 09:15 PM
hmmm.....maybe I didn't phrase that right. Basically, what I was saying is that it's a shame that this is the most intelligent thing he could think of

Xebsball
09-17-2002, 09:34 PM
hey 7, i recognize that quote from Lex Luthor :D

CD Lee
09-18-2002, 01:06 PM
Let's see, the guy trolls for a year solid and says the absolute stupidest sh1t anyone has ever heard, and now he wants to switch gears and have a serious discussion on historical facts? Get another userid, and then start. The square block just 'aint goin' in the round hole dude.

SevenStar
09-18-2002, 09:03 PM
cool, a smallville fan!

Budokan
09-18-2002, 10:18 PM
LOL @ CD Lee. I agree, Rolls. The old material just doesn't cut the cheese anymore. Hire yourself some new writers and retool your smack. You might make more of an impression.

Remember the days when you used to hold the main forum in your greasy little fist? Now you're relegated to "Other Related Arts" forum.

Lo, how far the mighty have fallen....

Budokan
09-18-2002, 10:19 PM
And how in heaven's name did this thread rate 4 stars?:D