PDA

View Full Version : Leung Ting's Students

couch
09-17-2002, 08:43 PM
Who were Leung Ting's students that currently teach now? I only know of Emin Bozetepe.

Thanks for the info!

PHILBERT
09-17-2002, 09:29 PM
Keith Kirspecht (sp?) was a student of Leung Ting, he teaches in Germany I think. Actually Emin was a student of Keith if I recall correctly, not Leung Ting. And Leung and Emin get along as well as a mongoose and a snake these days. Check out leungting.com, he might have a list of some instructors there.

Gandolf269
09-17-2002, 10:19 PM
Sifu Keith Sonnenberg teaches out of the Scottsdale Martial Arts enter in Scottsdale, AZ. He began training under GGM Leung Ting in 1980, and was GGM Leung Ting's first American disciple.

http://www.wingtsunaz.com/

rubthebuddha
09-17-2002, 11:34 PM
actually, leungtingwingtsun.net i think has the most accurate listing of his instructors in north amerigo.

couch
09-18-2002, 09:49 PM
If Leung Ting was closed door, then so was William Cheung?

Did Leung train prior to William?

planetwc
09-18-2002, 10:07 PM
Allan Fong in New York City is probably the seniormost person who trained under Leung Ting, although he no longer is in the ILTWTA.

UltimateFighter
09-19-2002, 10:38 AM
Closed door means that someone is taught after the Sifu has officially stopped teaching classes i.e has 'closed his door' to more students.

William Cheung was taught in the Bruce Lee era, much before Leung Ting. Leung Ting was supposedly Yip Mans 'final' closed door student.

cobra
09-19-2002, 04:33 PM
Sifu Jeff Webb in Austin, TX is one of Leung Ting's students. He has been with him over 15 years

Miles Teg
09-20-2002, 05:40 AM
Tam Hung Fan
One of Ling Tings best, broke away from Ling Ting a long time ago. Taught classes but now privately.

Tristan
09-20-2002, 10:40 AM
He runs his own organisation (Tam Hung Fan Wing Tsun association) but is still afiliated with the IWTA (LT). They are still best friends.

T.

Big Vern
09-20-2002, 01:43 PM
lets not forget the progressive thinker; principal coach Nick Smart. who was heavily coached by LT during the 1980's and early 90's. Nick introduced wt to the UK and promoted LT heavily during this period. After a unanimous vote by nicks smarts instructors he and his men left LT and linked up with renegade WT ring fighter milan prosenica, to form the now re-named Autodefence company. They train across the world, giving an evolved version of the WT system. Which includes the WT method complimented by pad work, anti-bullying, sports sparring and goal setting objectives for the trainees. Nick Smart still remains the highest graded wt man in the UK, and he does not even hold a position within the IWTA.

Miles Teg
09-20-2002, 04:08 PM
Hi Tristen
I didnt know that, actually I used to train in his WC a long time ago.
Have you ever trained under him? Who do you normally train with?
Im in another WC now not WT but I was wondering what you thought of him and how he compares to other WT sifus.

Tristan
09-21-2002, 10:41 AM
@ Miles Teg:

Tam Hung Fan is one of the few WT people around who learned the complete system, besides Kernspecht, Sergio Iadarola, Alan Fong, LT´s brother (who passed away), and Carlson Lau. (i must have forgotten someone?)
Therefore his Wing Tsun (WC) is of a very high standard. A standard rarely seen.

I never trained under him, but I´ve met him a few years ago in HK, together with LT and my Sifu. He´s a very nice person.

T.

Miles Teg
09-22-2002, 01:09 AM
Cheers Tristen
The last I heard, which was quite a while ago, he was teaching privately in Christchurch, New Zealand. I think it may have been more of a rumour though.
You havent met any of his students by any chance have you?