10-04-2001, 09:12 PM
That's Southern Chinese Kung Fu, right?

I don't get mad.
I get stabby.

Crimson Phoenix
10-05-2001, 12:34 AM
hehehhe the answer is in the question :D
Repeat after me: F U K I E N
Hehehehehhe sorry for pulling your leg, I jut couldn't resist!!

Shaolindynasty
10-05-2001, 01:00 AM
uh nobody was suposed to answer that I thought we were all on the same page :mad:

New classes New online Catalog
www.shaolindynasty.cjb.net (http://www.shaolindynasty.cjb.net)

Stranger
10-05-2001, 02:35 AM
Wow, I know I could have easily figured it out with a map , if I had one on handy- which i don't(no I don't have the provincial geography of China committed to memory). I didn't think it was a big deal to post as a question.

CP,
If you aren't sure where Fukien is in China, the north/south enigma remains. :confused:

SD,
Take that "thumbs down" turn it around and shove it up your arse! :p

I don't get mad.
I get stabby.

phoenix-eye
10-05-2001, 02:48 AM
Stranger

Don't let them get you down. We're not all experts - I've asked some really dumb questions on here.

But you know what - the question that was dumb to them has now been answered so there is one less dumb person out there.

I thought that's what this forum was for? Education and sharing knowledge.

Don't make people feel stoopid - otherwise they wont come back.

"We had a thing to settle so I did him"
Tamai, 43, was quoted by Police as saying.

eviljungle
10-05-2001, 05:06 AM
What are some of the external characteristics of Fukien White Crane? Examples of techniques, etc.

Stranger
10-05-2001, 05:20 AM
Eviljungle,
That was one of my follow up questions.
I quit after I got my first wave of replies.
You have inspred me to try again.

OK, we've apparently established that Fukien is indeed in Southern China, thus making Fukien White Crane Southern Chinese Kung Fu .(wipes brow and cautiously proceeds)It has been suggested on the main forum that Fukien White Crane and Tai Chi (a northern style) mesh very well.

Do they share any commnalities in your eyes? What kung fu background did the creator of Fukien White Crane posses that would have contributed to White Crane's strategy, energy, or technical base?
(slowly steps away from thread prepared for the worst)

I don't get mad.
I get stabby.

Shaolindynasty
10-05-2001, 06:54 AM
****, sorry it was a joke :rolleyes:

New classes New online Catalog
www.shaolindynasty.cjb.net (http://www.shaolindynasty.cjb.net)

Stranger
10-05-2001, 02:39 PM
SD,

That's OK, I put a "razz smile" rather than an "angry face" on my riposte so you would know I was just busting your stones in return. :)

Any help on my follow up questions would be appreciated.

I don't get mad.
I get stabby.

eviljungle
10-05-2001, 05:00 PM
Back to the question... :p

fukien
10-07-2001, 07:25 PM
There are quite a few similarities between Fukien White Crane and Souther Mantis.
The most obvious is that they both have a basic form call "Som Bo Gin".
They share a common rooting and basic stance, and delvelop live "ging" in the hands.
The hands never pull back, they both develop a "shake off the bridge" power and
"spring hand" power.

wujidude
10-09-2001, 01:21 AM
If you haven't already, check out http://www.aei.ca/~straycat/kungfu/

There is an article on the history of Fukien White Crane there by a sifu in Montreal who teaches it.

Yang Jwing-ming has a book out called "The Essence of Shaolin White Crane." The historical part is a little sketchy, but the movements of fundamental "jin" practice are well-described.

It's a fascinating area. There's a guy over in Britain who took the crane-style influences in his Goju-ryu karate training and researched the practice and physiology pretty thoroughly, and now integrates it into the NHB fighting training he offers.