PDA

View Full Version : Egotisitical student part III: the war rages on...

Kungfu boy
09-20-2002, 06:57 AM
Okay guys, I imagine that your getting pretty tired hearing about this but I gotta vent somewhere.

I hadn't been going to my kickboxing class for about a month to let my body rest etc. I started doing the knife/stick/jkd class instead for a while, which is going well for those wondering. Frankly the reason I hadn't gone in a while to the kb class was there was no challenge, all the really good people have screwed up schedules. I went tuesday to the kb class and I see the little *****. He automatically starts talking trash of why I haven't been there. This is after some of his trash talk:

Him: have you done ANY training in the past 3 weeks?
Me: yeah I have, just been busy.
Him: I thought you were just lazy
Me: I heard you quit the tournament...why?
Him: Our teacher wanted me to.
Me: (In my mind, bs) oh really. good you would have lost.
Him: I wouldn't have lost.
Me:whatever dude, I turn to use the wc dummy
Him: you suck at that man
Me: look andrew, I don't like you, never have. so bug off
Him: oh but I can beat you on the ground
Me: like I care dude

He mumbled something and wondered off. I didn't go thursday(didn't wake up in time) but I imagine that he will be there today. I am pretty close to going off here guys. I have alot of patience for people but those who show no respect for the school and teacher just eat at me.

I might have to just take him outside to talk to him. lay it out for him that a) he's being a ***** b) he seems to have some kind of need to compete with ME and I don't swing that way c) he needs to get a hold of his attitude and his ego before they get him into alot of trouble d) he really sucks at kb and he would have lost the fight e) I regret ever helping such a pain in the butt ever to get ready for a suicide fight.

What do you guys think? I'm literally at my ends with this little punk.

Later

{i^(
09-20-2002, 07:37 AM
What do you mean, 'might'? It looks like a moral imperative, kungfu boi.
You should never allow another person (including yourself) from doing the things you want to do, if legal, of course. It's looking like that's beginning to happen to you, and that's really unfortunate. Not your fault, no, but you really should lay it down for him. And tell him to come online and read it all, if you want.

(Like all 'shoulds', YMMV)

WinterPalm
09-20-2002, 07:52 AM
Tell the teacher. This kid obviously doesn't respect the school, his teacher and his senior students. That kind of person is not beneficial for a learning environment. His ego is way out of hand.

Ish
09-20-2002, 08:28 AM
usually i would say either to speak to him in private or to your teacher, BUT he sounds like a total pri(k so i would be more likely to just ignore him. when he talks to you answer with whats needed not to be rude but dont provoke him by saying things like "good you would have lost" hopefully he'll enter a comp soon and get his a$$ kicked then you can say i told you so.

From what you've said its probly very obvious to your teacher and other senior students that he's got a bad attitude and you telling them wouln't help IMO.

good luck tho and try not to kill him

neptunesfall
09-20-2002, 11:57 AM
get him to spar with you and use him to clean the ring.

NPMantis
09-20-2002, 04:19 PM
Tell the teacher, it's his class and thus his job to sort out unruly students - if he doesn't then he's not doing his job properly. Any students like that my Sifu goes very hard on and most leave very shortly.

ZhouJiaQuan
09-21-2002, 10:12 PM
ok um
1) kick his ass(i list this number 1 cuase i feel like kicking ass right now)

2)dont worry about him

ok if you kick his ass i can not be held legally responsible for this advice. but im sure it would be fun
:D

have fun:p

joedoe
09-22-2002, 08:04 PM
Here is my step-by-step solution

1) Get him in the ring
2) Beat him senseless
3) As he lies on the canvas bleeding and doing a good impersonation of a beached jellyfish, lean him up against the ropes and sodomise him.
4) Repeat steps 2 - 4 until satisfied with your efforts.

:D

SanSoo Student
10-02-2002, 12:00 AM
I say you should go and spar him, but you have to do it in front of everyone, make his ego deflate really fast when he loses in front of all his friends. That is the only way you can get him to stop bugging you completely.

Shisio
10-21-2002, 12:28 AM
destroy him

jon
10-21-2002, 06:09 AM
joedoe

"lean him up against the ropes and sodomise him."
* Thats REALLY scary, im never sparring with you:p

WinterPalm
10-21-2002, 09:13 AM
Joedoe-
I see you know the secret technique; but do you know the counter?

Mr. Bao
10-21-2002, 04:06 PM
The fact that you are bothered by this classmate shows you both have issues. I am not taking sides here. If you do not command respect, then speak to the instructor. A good SiFu will speak to him and perhaps teach him what Mo Duk means mentally or physically.

People here who have told you to beat him up or use violence or play ego games is ignorant in my opinion and should be rebuke if they seriously study kung fu. They don't understand what is Mo DuK, the kung fu moral codes of conduct.

Do not waste your time with him by talking trash and with negative talk. This creates bad energy in the school. My advice is to admit your weakness and acknowledge his strengths. He obviously doesn't think you are a good student and there be a reason for this?

From now on build up his confidence, and in the end his bubble will pop on its own course. But don't be happy with his misery. Just be more mature and be a better man and help him if he wants it.

Bao

joedoe
10-21-2002, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by WinterPalm
Joedoe-
I see you know the secret technique; but do you know the counter?

Which one - the brown pants technique or the cheek clench? :D