PDA

View Full Version : please explain

yik-wah-tik
09-20-2002, 05:03 PM
i have sort of like a riddle for you, more on the philosophical side of gung fu. if you really contemplate this one, there can be numerous meanings. but my goal here is to see who can correctly translate its meaning to me.

"To practice in the presence of your own presence,
is to be one with yourself!"

take a minute to ponder this and get back to me when you think you understand its meaning.
***if i don't get back to you right away, pls discuss this amongst yourselves, i will pop in everyday to check.

keep up the good work.....
your friendly neighborhood gung fu man

viva la hung sing kwoon!!!!!!!!!

Arhat of Fury
09-20-2002, 05:11 PM
Here goes my translation.

To practice being your own critic wholeheartedly and honestly!

Almost sounds like another riddle huh
:confused:

AOF

David Jamieson
09-20-2002, 05:15 PM
practice for the sake of practice and to come closer to achieving kungfu without showing off, without pretense, without ego and without trying to impress anyone, not even yourself.

just practice to make better.

peace

yik-wah-tik
09-20-2002, 05:16 PM
that's not ittttt!

heres a clue, it's not as deep as you may think.

nice try guys!
f.n.g.f.m.
frankie:D

Cody
09-20-2002, 05:32 PM
the words get in the way. When I see it, rather than read it....
You bring a technique to yourself and in the process of practice, absorb it to the extent that you can. As you do that you are at one with the self in intent, in action and in total concentration. If that is what you mean, it is a wonderful thing. If it isn't, it's still a wonderful thing.

and the answer is.......????

Cody

Jables
09-20-2002, 10:17 PM
"To practice in the presence of your own presence,
is to be one with yourself!"

If you practice in the presence of your presence then you are practicing alone. Therefore you are one with yourself.

Just a guess....

Cody
09-20-2002, 10:52 PM
I think you got it! hehe

Cody

diego
09-21-2002, 02:13 AM
whenever you practise your one with yourself practise is a routine of focusing awareness. presence 2 presence is irrelevant unless i could put my awareness into you and become you but still me!.

i dont know if thats what your looking for, but thats what i believe spock would say!.

HuangKaiVun
09-21-2002, 10:57 AM
There's more than one meaning to this statement, as we've seen here.

Anybody who insists otherwise is WRONG.

It's what one actually DOES with it in life that counts.

yik-wah-tik
09-21-2002, 01:50 PM
JABLES,

YOU ARE THE ONE WITH THE CORRECT ANSWER.

I APPLAUD YOU.

ACTUALLY, THIS STARTED OUT AS A JOKE BETWEEN MY SIFU AND MYSELF WHEN HE SAID HE WAS PRACTICING IN HIS OWN PRESENCE AND I ASKED IF HE WAS ONE WITH HIMSELF.

IT KINDA STUCK, SO MY SIFU PLACED THIS ON OUR BULLETIN BOARD AT THE STUDIO FOR ALL TO PONDER.

BUT TO THE REST, I AM IMPRESSED WITH YOUR VERY INDEPTH ANSWERS. I DON'T THINK I WOULD BE ABLE TO ANSWER AS BEAUTIFULLY AS YOU DID.

THANKS AGAIN,

FRANKIE

Jables
09-24-2002, 08:37 AM
Actually that was a pretty cool riddle. Thanks yik-wah-tik!

Fu-Pow
09-24-2002, 10:16 AM
Yik-wak-tik-

Contributing to the forum? Getting along with other forum members?

The pigs must be fed and ready to take off.

:D

SwaiingDragon
09-25-2002, 12:05 PM
what if you practice infront of a mirror, then you'd be in your own presence and you would see your weak and strong points....

just taking a shot....

Leonidas
09-26-2002, 02:08 AM
Hehe.......so that was a flowery way to say he was practicing alone?

I get it now. lol :D :D :D

anton
09-26-2002, 04:06 AM
classic thread!! :D

HuangKaiVun
09-27-2002, 01:15 PM
Yes, it is classic.

The originator of this thread sees only one angle, everybody else sees the others.

That's like the blind man touching the elephant's tail telling us nonblind folks that the elephant looks like a snake and we are WRONG.

David Jamieson
10-01-2002, 01:14 AM
boxers and philosophers don't have the same toolbox and are incapable of building the same things.

This is why they both struggle, but from different points of action.

Some of us never realize our calling and continue to try to talk our way out when we should be swinging.

what is the sound of one cheek flapping?

peace

GreyMystik
10-04-2002, 05:45 AM
actually HKV the only person i saw with big bold letters declaring others "WRONG" was you ... :rolleyes:

HuangKaiVun
10-04-2002, 02:02 PM
Fine.

Shut yourself up, believe in only ONE answer.

Be my closeminded guest.

extrajoseph
10-07-2002, 12:47 PM
"What is the sound of one cheek flapping?"

Answer: Frank talks.

:D