PDA

View Full Version : Bodyguard anyone?

hairywhiteguy
09-21-2002, 10:36 AM
Well...is any one here a paid bodyguard?

LapisCircle
09-21-2002, 11:20 AM
I've been in that job description before. I think BlackTaoist has too.

hairywhiteguy
09-21-2002, 09:05 PM
well to you two or anyone else...

what have been some of your experencies, of any kind. Clients, fights, difficulties, other bodyguards, ups, downs, whatever... I'm quite a bit interested in it and think the best way to find out about it is to ask around, so any cookies you wanna give?

thanx

TaoBoxer
09-22-2002, 04:56 AM
I've taught several bodyguards lately at the Academy where I work. My only advice is don't approach it like some hoo-ah adrenaline junkie. You'll never get work. Gotta be calm, cool, and collected. Do you have military background? Most PPS guys are former military or Government types. Good luck...

LapisCircle
09-25-2002, 09:46 PM
In Bodyguard work you are considered expendable and are generaly the first person killed if there is a direct assult on your client. Generaly low profile is best, you simply look like you belong as a friend to the client and no real attention is placed on either of you. Conflict avoidence is the key, be where people who would want to hurt your client and you arn't and keep constant vigilance of the enviroment around you. A dead client means a dead carrer.

TenTigers
09-26-2002, 03:58 PM
I did a stint as a bodyguard. My friend, who owned the security company got all the cool gigs. He went to parties with Rod Stewart, and Elton John. Me? Well I got to play nursemaid to some queen out in the Hamptons. I drove him and his 'friends' all over the Hamptons, sat at the bar drinking coffee, while they ate at resteraunts, Then I stayed up watching MTV, and doing perimeter checks while he was locked in his safe room, till my relief at 4am(supposed to relieve me at midnite) then drove two hrs home, to do it all over again. It seems that his groundskeeper, whom he fired, threatened his life, so I had to babysit him until the trial. Boring,boring,boring. Sorry, it's not all it's cracked up to be. Chuck Zito gets all the cool gigs!

hairywhiteguy
09-28-2002, 07:07 PM
Thanxs for everyones reply. Bodyguard work for someone who I belive in is a little more a long my lines if I were ever to do work like that, not Rod Stewart,.....for obvious reasons.

anyone else any advice?

Taoboxer

No I have no military or police work....I'm 20. I'm just looking in every corner of my art. So I figure a few questions to thoes who have already walked that path might save me a few steps in my deliberation of my art, my path of life, ect...

thanx

Liokault
09-29-2002, 09:21 AM
Generaly low profile is best, you simply look like you belong as a friend to the client and no real attention is placed on either of you

Chelsie Clinton is at collage in my town.....and seeing a huge black guy in a sharp suit standing next to her in the gym dont look to discreat to me!!!!

LapisCircle
09-29-2002, 10:49 PM
>>>Chelsie Clinton is at collage in my town.....and seeing a huge black guy in a sharp suit standing next to her in the gym dont look to discreat to me!!!!<<<

The genral public is going to find the large black man intimidating, ironicaly enough it isn't the general public she would need to worry about. A man or women intent on hurting her isn't going to let that man stand in their way. What this means is this large black male in a sharp suit is nothing but a very visable target for the first gun shot.... make no mistake they will kill him first and kill her second....
Now what is propbably going on, but you failed to see it because the majority of the people can only see what is painly in front of you....she probably has another bodyguard dressed like a college student, blending in completely, waking around her and observing the eviromant and relaying this information back to her large black bodyguard who is in charge or her immediate physical security.
This is a very common tatic used by people like chelise and her family that have a large amount of money to put into their security and are as HIGH profile as Chesile Cliton. Low Profile is used for people who general havn't been plastered all over CNN and other world wide new stations.