PDA

View Full Version : A Serious Offer!

Tsuruken
09-21-2002, 06:30 PM
The KOBGK Paihequan International is currently looking for suitable persons/affiliates in all states and countries who wish to learn authentic Chinese Paihequan (Crane-Fist Style) and Okinawan Tsuruken (Crane-Fist).

Training can be conducted via CD-Rom and Video in the basic stages leading up to a visit to the headquarters for advanced training.

Please visit our web site at: http://home.austarnet.com.au/tsuruken

Or feel free to contact us at:

KOBGK Paihequan International
9 Short Street
WELLINGTON. NSW 2820
Australia
Ph/fax: (02) 6845-2846
International: 0011-61-2-6845-2846
E-mail: tsuruken@austarnet.com.au

HuangKaiVun
09-21-2002, 08:51 PM
I'm not going to sign up, but I must say this seems really terrific.

This is Fukien White Crane, isn't it?

Lost Oath
09-21-2002, 08:55 PM
Learning a martial art from a video... rrrright.

David Jamieson
09-21-2002, 09:33 PM
lost oath.

believe it or not, there are quite a few competent martial artsist who have recieved quite a lot of training in the video format.

imagine of video was available for instruction in martial arts 50 years ago. It would be a standard.

Even the shaolin were big on codifying (writing down and using texts or canons to teach an art).

Depends on your learning style, your ability to learn and your opportunities to learn through application.

Not to discount having a mentor, or teacher or sifu for your fundamantals as the human touch can never be replaced fully.

But if videos were a complete waste of time, then there wouldn't be so many high quality ones would there? Not to mention that the video is a major vehicle of instruction for many top teachers.

peace

Tsuruken
09-22-2002, 01:59 AM
LOst oath : Please re-read my original post! it clearly states:

Training "can"be conducted via CD-Rom and Video in the basic stages leading up to a visit to the headquarters for advanced training.

The use of reference material such as an overview video and Cd-rom is NOT a substitute for training under an instructor! It is a reference tool for the basic concepts and principles. One MUST visit and train directly as is clearly stated above. Please read more carefully before posting! ;)

Kung Lek : Thank you for an intelligent post concerning this subject.

HuangKaiVun: Yes it is Fukien White Crane!

Tsuruken
09-22-2002, 02:25 AM
Thank you for your interest.

Many martial arts organizations and martial artists throughout the world have expressed an interest in becoming KOBGK provisional schools or branches and or members following the KOBGK Paihequan International training system. In order to help these groups, the following agreements have been drawn up. If there is no teacher in the interested school who is qualified as a KOBGK assistant instructor or higher, the school will be considered a KOBGK provisional school. When a teacher or a student is qualified as a KOBGK assistant instructor, instructor, or master, the provisional school may be recognized as a official KOBGK Paihequan International Branch. Once an organization is accepted as a KOBGK provisional school or branch, an announcement will be made and it will be promoted through the KOBGK newsletter and various magazines. When ordering any KOBGK products, the school will pay the members discount price.

A small membership fee applies and the applicant must send information on their previous martial arts training, copies of rank etc.

Training is conducted via the format of a CD-Rom Syllabus and a video of the basic techniques and forms up to and including Brown Sash 5th Technician Level.

Training and advancement beyond this level is conducted in person at the headquarters or at the applicants own location.

Please feel free to contact me should you require any further information or visit our web site.

Tsuruken
09-22-2002, 03:07 AM
KOBGK PAIHEQUAN INTERNATIONAL 10TH ANNIVERSARY MARTIAL ARTS SHOW & SEMINAR!
Celebrating 10 years off the KOBGK Paihequan International since it's humble beginnings on Okinawa until the present day with schools in Australia, America, England, Romania, and Moldova.

Special Martial Arts Seminar on the art of Paihequan Crane-Fist!

Exciting Martial Arts Displays!
Grading Promotions!
Presentations!
Social Activities
Guest Schools Demonstrations
"Sistars" Band Performance!
Friday 18th, Saturday 19th, Sunday 20th October 2002
Wellington Soldiers Memorial Club Auditorium WELLINGTON NSW AUSTRALIA
Seminar begins at 10.00am Sharp!
Demonstration begins at 12.00 midday!
Costs (Non-Members): $50.00 Special discount of $15.00 off fee per person for groups of 5 or more people!
Costs (Members): $35.00 Special discount of $5.00 off fee per person for groups of 5 or more people!
Free Accommodation available at venue!
Book now to ensure placement!
Format: Chinese Paihequan & Okinawan Tsuruken Techniques, Forms & Applications, Ryukyu Kobudo
Mail

9 Short Street
WELLINGTON NSW 2820
Phone/Fax: (02) 6845-2846
tsuruken@austarnet.com.au
graemeb@gtcc.nsw.gov.au

Shihfu Ron Goninan - Master Degree: China & Okinawa
(Rong Nu Gan)
Web Site: http://home.austarnet.com.au/tsuruken

mantiskilla
09-22-2002, 03:54 AM
feel like i just walked into an info-mercial.
________
RHODE ISLAND MARIJUANA DISPENSARIES (http://rhodeisland.dispensaries.org/)

Tsuruken
09-22-2002, 05:55 AM
Yeah I guess it kinda comes off like that. Just trying to put some more info "out there":)

friday
09-22-2002, 03:38 PM
i think this will get edited out :)

Shaolin Master
09-22-2002, 05:43 PM
Mr. Goninan

Shi"h"fu : what are you Arabic or something :-)

Masters Degree : Is this an Academic title if not it is not a degree, if so which University ? Which Chinese (either Mainlaind or Taiwan) University.

:[[[ The BASICS are the most important components of a martial system, in fact it is vital in the beginning proper foundations are obtained, there is an old saying " it is easier to teach someone who never learnt than one who learned incorrectly ", It is highly likely that students could learn some routines and even techniques at the more advanced stages but at the fundamental level it is best supervised and supervised well. ]]]:

Also, do you teach Chinese White Crane (which one?), Okinawan White Crane (which One?) or Karate (which One?.......which one or all three ? is the program attempting to cover a specific basic foundation the chinese way or the japanese way ? How do sashes fit in ?, I did not know sashes were evolved in the white crane tradition since we spend so much time going over and over the basics.....etc

PS : It does sound like deep advertising !

It is an interesting project and many are doing this style lately .... but I'm not sure if it is a good thing.....

...just questions .....

Regards,
Wu Chan Long
JiangXi Teacher's University, PRC

Tsuruken
09-22-2002, 10:29 PM
Shaolin Master :

To answer:

1/. "Master Degree" - A term simply alluding to the fact that I have "Master" titles awarded from both China and Okinawa respectively. It is not an attempt to place myself over others.

2/. I agree totally with your view regrading basics which is why we insist that those who wish to practice that which we teach must visit and undergo training on an on-going basis.

3/. I teach Chinese Paihequan and also Okinawan Tsuruken. Okinawan Tsuruken arose from the Chinese art and is not all that different in its form and application. The Chinese aspect is the major component. The major aspect of our teachings is found within the Paihequan Wuyangkuan of Sifu Lio Yin Shan and Lio Chin Long (Taiwan)

4/. Sashes are used on formal occasions but not necessary. The art and its essence is what matters.

I did not know sashes were evolved in the white crane tradition since we spend so much time going over and over the basics.....etc

PS : It does sound like deep advertising !

It is an interesting project and many are doing this style lately .... but I'm not sure if it is a good thing.....

Your post implies that you train in White Crane. Which form do you train in?

Secondly you finish your post with the statement that that many are doing the style lately but am not sure it is a good thing.

Sir you seem to have some type of issue with me and that which I teach. While this is indeed sad , I shall not lower myself or the art to this level by entering into an argument. I wish you all the best.

Shaolin Master
09-27-2002, 07:58 PM
1./ Then you Do not have a Masters Degree, you have been awarded title of Master by particular individuals (not whole coutries) in the arts you practised. So this must be made clear.

2./ So so many visits defeats the purpose of the program.

3./ Liu Yin Shan and Liu Jin Long : Therefore you practice Shi He Quan & Tsuruken, again the style must be made clear.
[As you do not practice Bai He Quan, Ming He, Zong He or Fei He]

---

4./ I have practiced Fujian arts from an early age many different types. I have tasted all the He Quan and now practise Yong Chun Bai He Quan mostly.

5./ The ending post meant : Many are making 'correspondance courses' (Style = videos etc).

6./ Not an issue (I have no issues with anyone)... seeking clarification and understanding of that which you teach (clearly).

Cheers,

Tsuruken
09-27-2002, 08:16 PM
Thank you for your clarification.

Paihemen Shihequan - represents all ways of crane's body movements. Shihequan possesses all ways of Paihemen. Crane needs to fly, sleep, whoop - all for a single aim - to feed himself. As all creatures, it needs food to survive it is unchangeable truth.

Sir, your profile states you are located in sydney NSW. I would be interested in linking up with you for an exchange of information, arts etc. Are you agreeable to this?

Shaolin Master
09-27-2002, 08:23 PM
Yes my profile does say that but If you read some of my posts it tells you where I really am :

At the moment I am in NanChang, JiangXi Prov, PRC, and will be in China for a few years.

I would've update my profile but I have been moving around a bit so I didn't. However I will do so.

Sydney is my home, so I will be back but not for a while. Feel free to email me anytime if you'd like or if you visit China I'll meet up with you : sifu@authenticshaolin.com

Thanks,

atari
09-29-2002, 07:03 AM
Shaolinmaster: Give the guy a break. Sure he is advertising, but ain't no big deal to it. In fact his is of the low key natured advertising. Of course a master degree in martial arts usually mean a title given by individuals and not country. Typical of you Chinese Kung Fu types to be so particular about styles. Eating crane is one of the main styles of Fujian bai he, so I think its OK to state that its Fujian bai he, and then if more details are needed then zoom in. Which I'm sure is what you are trying to do, to have a little lively discussion of the different types of baihe.

Tsuruken
09-29-2002, 05:19 PM
Hey thanks Atari but I'm sure that "Shaolin Master" is just being straight about things.

Guy's sorry if my post came off like heavy advertising, just trying to promote an art form rarely promoted.