PDA

View Full Version : personal bagua weapons

hairywhiteguy
09-21-2002, 09:30 PM
whats your favorite?
most functional?
conditions the best (for you)?

(please don't say your hands, feet, hips, shins, forearms, forehead, elbow, knee, or any body part cause thats kinda redundant...)

so far, for me, the most functional is simply the knife 6" blade
conditions....well... the kwan dao is a female dog.
and price wise the mechite (sp?) is $8.95 at the local hardware store.... 22" inches of fun....:D

I've heard all kinds of weird stuff like huge sledge hammers, bikes...

any ideas on using a belt?

any perfered throwing objects?
(besides whatever is around)

thanx

Kevin Wallbridge
09-22-2002, 09:33 AM
Bic pen

dedalus
09-23-2002, 03:19 AM
Now I don't want to incense the hairywhiteguy by straying into the zone of forbidden comments, but in what way does a weapon like a biro confer an advantage over no weapon at all? I would think that on balance it would tend to impose tactical restrictions...

...unless you're Bruce Willis

Waidan
09-23-2002, 05:00 PM
I'm assuming you mean weapons for carry, not traditional weapons correct? (Though I'm not sure how many folks are strolling around with sledgehammers up their sleeves...)

It's hard to beat a good blade. A benchmade folder is easy to carry, quick to deploy (single-hand opener, just a flick of the wrist once they're broken in), and very strong.

Gerber makes some short, light hatchets that'd work well for me, though I'd have to feel directly threatened in some way to bother carrying those. Besides, at that point I might as well pack my USP and say the hell with it :)

hairywhiteguy
09-23-2002, 05:51 PM
Well finally, I can become the pompus f*** I've never wanted to be and I'm gaining honor and prestigue from Dedalus. What an honour to bestow upon a 20 year old!!! Thank you!

Yea I'm full of dung....

Well I understand your point because......I agree! Go figure!
BUT...IF!!!!! ONE has a weapon you like, one, two...or THREE Throwing weapons...(keep your balance), a bic pen (a perfect idea, thanx Kevin), or whatever!

WAIDAN

Shure why not traditional weapons, for conditioning..

any weapon for any reason!

thanx!