PDA

View Full Version : Attn Galadriel

Tao-Yin-Lee
09-22-2002, 10:12 AM
I had the very great pleasure of meeting with your Sifu: Master Sam Lee of Hung-Sing Choy-Lay-Fut (Dublin), today at the Euro-Wirral International Kung-Fu Tournament. He knows my Hop-Gar Lion's Roar Pai's Grandmaster: Chan-Tat-Fu (who is also Choy-Lay-Fut) and we were able to exchange many memories and anecdotes.

Master Lee is a superb example of everything a Kung-Fu Master should be, and his students not only performed very impressively, demonstrating their style true and proud, they were also exemplars in their ethics and manner.

Without doubt your Hung-Sing pai were the best team with the best Master competing at the tournament.

I have some pics to send him if you could kindly contact me by PM or e-mail.

'Maggy' or 'Margy' did very well too.

Tao
www.tibetankungfu.com

Galadriel
09-23-2002, 09:13 AM
Hi Tao,

Thank you very much for you kind words about my sifu and our team.
I have only talked to one of them so far, they only got back today and are all very tired.

Maggie is a very tough fighter and she got a very well deserved 2nd place.

I'll send you a pm regarding the photos.

Galadriel

alecM
09-23-2002, 11:50 AM
I accidentally deleted the email with your friend’s details on the day I was travelling down to The Wirral (Saturday morning) so I handed the tape over to one of your schools team members. The tape has the fight I told you about plus one of your schools students doing either siu sup ji or sup kow da and a fight with one of our schools fighters fighting against a Wing Chun fighter.

Galadriel
09-26-2002, 07:35 AM
Hi Alec,

Thanks for that.
As far as I know you gave it to Dermott. I'll see him on sunday and am looking forward to watching it - Should be very interesting!!

What did you think of the competition??
I have only heard bits and pieces so far, and cant wait for sunday to hear more!!

Galadriel

Galadriel
10-01-2002, 02:39 AM
Hi Alec,

I watched the tape over the weekend, it was really cool!!!
I dont know who the last two people were, but really enjoyed it, so again thanks a million!!

Galadriel

alecM
10-01-2002, 11:40 AM
I’m glad you liked the tape and I apologise for not replying to your earlier post, the trouble is what with work and training I find I don’t have much spare time for the internet now. The last fight on the tape is from a few years ago between one of our fighters called Gordon Wilson (the small guy) and one of Samuel Kwoks instructors. It’s a good fight to watch even if it was a few years ago. If I had filmed it on a digital camcorder I would have put the footage on my website.

Eddie
10-02-2002, 04:23 AM
Galadriel,
may I ask, how long have you been training with Master Sam Lee? One of our students came from your school. He trained there about a year and a half or two years ago, while he was working in Ireland. I also received a call from someone from your school, who asked if they can come and visit us and/or train with us in December -February while he is on business in SA. I always love meeting other kung fu family members. I cant remember the name exactly, could be duncan or something.

we are from the same lineage of Choy Lay Fut as you. Its interesting to see how the different masters do things differently. From what I gather from our student who trained at your school, you do siu sub ji first, and you only do che kuen at a much later stage?
Nice chatting to you
Eddie

Galadriel
10-09-2002, 05:57 AM
Hey Eddie,

Of course you may ask, I've been training with Sifu for the last 3 years.
I dont think I would know the guy that used to be here, I mainly train with Sifu in the college in Carlow and have only in the last year or so started going up to Dublin to training.

I don't know anybody called Duncan, could be from a different class or something??

As regards to the forms we learn, we do che kuen ( 5 wheel stance) from the very beginning on. We kinda do it as part of our warm up/ stance training and then learn sup ji kau da kuen aswell as our "first" form.

Geraldine