Saturday:Basic Workout

Suday:Rest
Monday:Rest
Tuesday:Powerlifting
Wednesday:Rest
Thursday:Powerlifting
Friday:Basic workout & Conditioning Exercises
Saturday:Basic Workout & Conditioning Exercises

My basic workout is jumping jacks,push ups,sit ups.
My conditioning exercises are exercises I learned in class that strengthen the joints and tendons.
For power lifting I do inclined bench press,military press,and squats(I also do 21s and butterflys).

Here is what I am trying to achieve in order from important to least important:

1)Strength
2)Speed
3)Endurance

I also run and practice kung fu every day except for the days I rest.

Also, if some of you guys have better exercises te help me achieve my goals quicker could you please tell me what they are and if you have a better workout schedule could you tell me what it is too?

Thanks for any help.

Viper555
09-22-2002, 06:55 PM
Anyone???

Royal Dragon
09-22-2002, 07:20 PM
Do them all on a rotaing basis. the principals of modern exercises physiology states that the body develops best with variety. try doing them in 6-9 week cycles, then rotate. once yu have done them all, take a feww weeks off and get plenty of rest before you begin again.

I would sugest doing yuor routine in a 9 day cycle instead of 7 though.

It would look like this.

Sunday:Conditioning Exercises
Monday:Powerlifting
Tuesday:Conditioning Exercises
Wednesday:rest
Thursday:Basic Workout
Friday:Powerlifting
Saturday:Basic Workout
Sunday: Rest
Monday: Rest
Tuesday: begin again

Viper555
09-22-2002, 07:36 PM
Thanks.

One question though.What do you mean by rotate them?

Lice
09-22-2002, 08:17 PM
Well, for starters, it's considered bad netiquette to cross post. (Posting the same thing in nearly every forum.) One is enough.. in this case the appropriate forum would've been the Training and Health forum.)

About what Royal Dragon was saying about rotating. He was suggesting you do your first routine for several weeks, then do your second routine for several more weeks, then eventually resting for a couple of weeks after going through them all. Hope that helps.

Viper555
09-23-2002, 03:19 AM
I cross posted because some people only go to certain forums and I wanted to make sure I would get the best advice.

Viper555
09-23-2002, 01:25 PM
Do you mean by rotating them to do different exercises or to change the order in which you don them?

Ray Pina
09-24-2002, 09:31 AM
Need more info.

You want to obtain power, speed and endurance, but to what end? That is the question. What is your goal?

This is more important then you think. If you are trying to achieve these for martial prowless, powerlifting may not be what you want -- long term.

Looking to build up, is investing in mass, which has a ceiling. How massive can you get? Only to such a point. But its not the mass that kills, its the speed; ie, have someone throw a bullet at you, then shoot you with it. Same mass, different speed.

Also, how long can you maintain the power you are developing? Do you want to be a decent fighter now, because you are bigger then your apponant, or do you want to be a great fighter, able to defeat bigger foes now and in older age.

I post this here because this is a MA bullitan board, and I'm assuming your goal is martial related.

Also, lifting weights reinforces the reflex to fight against force. Again, do you only want to defend against smaller men or women? Because trying to fight force with force will not work against someone who is more massive then yourself.

If fighting is your aim, invest in sound methodolgy under a qualified instructor -- someone who has walked the path you wish to walk.

Many will disagree. And say lifting is good. Maybe if you study hung gar and you wish to build that raw power, but it is superficial, and will not overcome a larger foe. Watch competitive sports, the difference between 1st and second, or 1st and last in a race is nanoseconds. The differece in lifting ounces.

I consider it a gamble putting ones eggs in raw power. By the way, I'm 5'10, 210lbs., so this is not a small guy trying to reinforce insecurities. I power lifted to for college ball but I trully believe this, and my experience has reinforced it.

But, everyone has to find there own way. This is just one perspective. Either way, best of luck in your training. Be careful. Protect your joints, especially your knees. When they go, you have a hell of a time.