PDA

View Full Version : IMA in Bristol?

NafAnal
09-24-2002, 03:52 AM
Anybody know of any IMA, anything would be nice, Taiji, Bagua, Xingyi, Baji etc in Bristol UK? A friend at uni there wants to get into it.

Cheers

Repulsive Monkey
09-24-2002, 05:42 AM
There are four names really to choose from:

Mark Lenoard
Gail Minter
Ben Milton
Alan Peck

Mark teaches Yang & Chen (studied his Yang under Master Chu King Hung for a while but don't know where he studied his Chen).

Gail Minter teaches Yang from the Cheng Man Ching lineage (she studied under Richard Farmer who was a student of the infamous and elusive Master John Kells and his teacher Dr Chi Chiang Tao).

Ben Milton used to teach Lee style (Chee Soo) but gave up and started to teach Chen style (I think he studies his Chen style from Master Chen Xiao Wang).

Alan Peck teaches Yang style from a very direct Taiwanese lineage of Cheng Man Ching ( formidable lineage, top student of Master John Kells London Taiji school, and then went onto to advanced teaching from his Grand Master Dr Chi Ching Tao).

All have their plus and minus points, however I don't feel it is right for me to go any further with saying who I think is the most worthwhile and who you would be wasting your money on, due to the fact that one of them is my teacher he he!. Saying that I do have a little experience of all of the others and some of them I really do think could be not very beneficial to study under, depending of course on what one's needs are.

NafAnal
09-24-2002, 07:20 AM
Ta very much,

NPMantis
09-24-2002, 11:14 AM
www.bccma.org.uk

Check out their school search.

Repulsive Monkey
09-25-2002, 09:45 AM
I have just done a search on it and it shows how poor researched the BCCMA is c'os I would never reccommend just those 2 practioners as being good places to practice Taiji under when there are others not on the BCCMA list how are infinitely better.

In all honesty the list of 4 people I have mentioned are the best of the teachers in the Bristol area at thge moment. And again trying not to be biased here, but only one of them is a Taiji Master.